Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,544 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack (19968 Views)

Military Kills 50 Boko Haram Insurgents In Mafa, Dikwa, Kala; Rescue 500 (Pics) / More Graphic Photos Of The Horror Carried Out By Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by TheRealMrStan(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2014
By Ndahi Marama

MAIDUGURI—No fewer than 30 suspected members of Boko Haram were killed Thursday by vigilante youth, popularly called Civilian JTF, when the sect members, armed with sophisticated weapons, attempted to lay siege to Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State.
Unconfirmed report also revealed that about five of the Civilian JTF members sustained minor injuries with no reported death during the encounter, which lasted about three hours.

Kareto, a community in Mobbar Local Government Area and home town of former governor, Mohammed Goni, was also attacked.
Gubio is 87 kilometres from Maiduguri, the state capital, while Mobbar, which borders Niger Republic, is 187 kilometres away.
Mobbar, according to sources, was under the control of Boko Haram after they invaded the area last Monday, leaving several people dead, with thousands of residents displaced.

Sources said the gunmen, using Hilux vehicles and motorcycles and armed with AK-47 rifles, improvised explosive devices, IEDs, and petrol bombs (Molotov Cocktail), were sighted at Kareto by some good Samaritans.
The youths from Gubio and Kateto were alerted. They mobilized and confronted the sect, killing 30 of them, while several others escaped into the bush with severe injuries.

Confirming the killing of the sect members by youth vigilante group, spokesman of Borno Elders Forum, Engineer Bulama Gubio, said: “There was huge success as 30 members of Boko Haram, who attempted to overrun Kareto, Gubio and other surrounding communities were killed by our youths.

“The areas are now calm as normal activities have since returned."
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/youths-kill-30-failed-borno-terrorists-attack/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by dreydee(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014
Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally! FTC!!!

NAIRALAND APP,I LOVE YOU! *in tears*

I'll like to thank first of all Almighty God for keeping me alive to experience this.
Next I'll like to thank Airtel,yes airtel! tongue for their 3.5G speed in my area and for not draining my 4GB am managing.
I'll also like to thank oga seun and my fellow nairalanders for this opportunity, I LOVE YOU ALL!! kiss

And now!! #SKELEWU <grin

MODIFIED: yes oo ,we are making a head way to tackle these insurgents once and for all. UP NIGERIA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by toxiflam: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014
bad day for insurgents, good day for fight against insurgency

13 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by ozo13(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by frankflix: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014
f

1 Like

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Ebubeslym(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014
why is it that ordinary civilians can kill this mofos with knife and clubs..
while our almighty soldiers with their Ak47s run at the sight of the same mofos....

yeye just dey oooze

25 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
My parlour be this oooo!
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by lekhane(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
Where were the soldiers then, is like they don't even need them.
Kudos to the youths, if this is replicated across the other areas of the NE affected by boko haram, I'm sure the insurgency will soon be a thing of the past.
Maybe they don't need the government afterall!

6 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
jj
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Ezedon(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
Had it been they are doin like this, BH could ve been history.
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by symbian03(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
Kill em all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by topaaz(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
This reminds me of the strong vigilant group we used have back then in the north. Don't know if they still function. #YANBANGA.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by donmalcolm21(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2014
I think a large population of BH are from Niger and Chad. With the hands on approach of the youths in NE, BH will be in the descendancy by end of December

9 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by kolajoo(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2014
grin

2 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by QMark: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2014
these insurgents still never finish?
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by ask4bk(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
I live in Kano and all I think of is how I may be going out for a walk and meet my death. If given a fighting chance, i'll take down some Boko boys before I die.
7 of my friends were killed by Boko girl last 3 months here.
It's us who know what Boko haram menace is all about, and are ready to fight.

Then, I come to Nairaland and see my countrymen make silly comments on bomb stories like "how this one take concern me?" and others

And I begin to ask myself, who should be flushed out from Naija first, Boko Haram or these clueless Nigerians who make jokes out of a literarily dying country"

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by disloman(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Since like these boys r trying ooo.Weldone boyz

1 Like

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by tomsniel(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Bad day devil drink water for the insurgents.

3 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Thank God!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by sammieguze(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Good but i still wonder why these people with little or military training are always able to route the idiots and......... Anyway sha, may God help the nigerian army

3 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by falconey(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Nairaland moderators are corupt.........partiality in frontpage threads

1 Like

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Philipvivson(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Jiouras(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
Its now up to the youths to protect their country. Nice development though

2 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Marvyx(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
This is what happens when the Government cannot protect the lives of its citizens..... Good instinct of survival..

2 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Ebubeslym(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
dreydee:

Nairaland chairman
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Gideon16(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2014
thank jah
Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by highmood(m): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2014
Sometimes I am not surprise that our country have degenerated to what it is today- Killing and bombing of our own flesh and blood!!! In the name of religion? Wow!! So so bad. But how long are we going to continue bombing and killing ourselves. History taught me that our past leaders condoned it, using ethnic and religious sentiments as part of its fuel while depriving thier people of basic, moral education. What is going on in the north and even in all spheres of the country today was what led to the civil war. In short, all is repeating itself again. The western world don't give a hoot as usual, even when the babies were been killed in Nigeria-Biafra war, they were busy scrambling for our resources, so we can keep calling on them till eternity, they don't care.
Also I use to wonder what the African Union, Ecowas are meant for. I Guess the disintegration of Nigeria will give them great joy so South Africa would emerge the power house of Africa? But come to think of it, we Nigerians -leaders and subjects aren't doing ourselves any good in all the mess, accusation and counter accusations, unnecessary hatred etc been exhibited in this present day Nigeria. We went ahead to exchange our gold and resources for bombs and tanks to destroy ourselves. How long are we going to keep sleeping and living in this manner- Since independence we are still struggling to be united and to understand ourselves. This boko guys should sheath thier swords and embrace peaceful coexistence. Are they making us believe that Allah they are fighting for is no longer the most powerful? We shouldn't allow certain teachings to cloud our mindset. Since independence, we haven't known peace, joy and enjoyment. Just fear, tears and death. Though I don't love the disintegration of this country, but if that would bring peaceful coexistence then let it be rather we forcing ourselves together. But then who am I to stop God or talk more, its just the end time things.

7 Likes

Re: Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack by Lianaluv(f): 8:17am On Nov 28, 2014
Good for them. They deserve whatever they get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MEND Still Wants My Assassination - Jonathan / Buhari Campaigns In Enugu And Anambra Today (Pictures) / Deleting Priority Projects Of A Govt Is An Economic Crime - Wole Solanke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.