Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? (13889 Views)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by onosprince(m): 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
I am just wondering if the muslims also pay tithes and offerings, Because the rate at which this so called pastors
are collecting money from church members that dont have, I went to church here in Ghana, After the praise and
worship, We were asked to go forward and drop our offering. After that a man came and gave announcement, By
then it was Some minutes to 11:00 because the service starts by 9:30, It was time for the pastor to preach and
the first thing he said was, Please come forward with your tithes let me pray for you, After that he preached for
20 mins and then ask for the second offering, Thats how the service closed by 11:30. Is this how the Afa in the
mosque operate also.
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
Following
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
hahaha!!! God is watching oh!!I don't know what to say sha but I just want to comment. now that I have commented the comment, I may now watch...
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by bigiyaro(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
They don't.
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by phabulous88(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
I know they collect offertory but don't know about tithes
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by cannonnier(m): 11:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Not exactly tithe, but in most mosque you will find a box hung on the wall or kept in one corner with the inscription fisabilill'Lah(for Allah's sake) on it. Anybody is free to put any amount in it, anytime he want to. No announcement(but other mosques announce) and no fix price.

Such money is strictly used to buy kettle, mats and cover other mosque expenses, not for private jet or cars for anybody. grin

hey, I schooled in malaga(spain).
Comprendes lo que estoy diciendo?

5 Likes

Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by onosprince(m): 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
That is good to know, And i notice the Mosque does not have names like our churches do, And they dont have branch. You can pray at any mouse, Unlike we Christians that will not go to another church if we are way from home, Unless its a branch of the church.

1 Like

Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by Alvelt14(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Yes in as-sallatul, the alfa do collect it, they call it owo ope.
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
No.

The only compulsory payment in Islam is the Zakah... 2.5% of any wealth above a certain sum (I believe about N400,000) held for one year. Other percentages are available for certain forms of income; such as agriculture.

It is payable only to certain categories; specified in the Qur'an (S9:60)... either through the Islamic government as a form of government tax, or directly to the recipients; if there is no Islamic government body available to collect it.

Alvelt14:
Yes in as-sallatul, the alfa do collect it, they call it owo ope.

This kind of payment is mostly found where ignorance is prevalent among muslims. Unscrupulous 'alfas' tell them that a certain 'prayer' costs N5000 or whatever, although Allah asks us to ask for our needs from Him. Some 'alfas' would say that one of them has to 'officiate' at funerals or naming ceremonies or even set up soothsaying services that pretend to advice you which person you should marry, etc.

None of these is permissible in Islam, and where muslims understand their religion, these fraudulent issues are minimised.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by yahaya1(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
Muslims offering goes to the needy in the society and not those who have What it takes to live an average life.
Re: Does The Muslim Also Pay Tithes Or Offering? by yanshDoctor: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

For Christians ,magical Power In The Book Of Psalms Declassified / This is the Will of GOD: "You should abstain from fornication" / Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.