Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan (36040 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by GentleFrank(m): 4:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Hmmm!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by carrybreeze: 4:21am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=baLLoTBOxX post=28433435]Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.[/quo
For d. First time in my life I want to openly condemn Mr President for a hideous one. This goes to show that Mr GEJ truly cares and its about d Party and d support. He cares less about anything else.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by disloman(m): 4:21am On Nov 29, 2014
JECBOSS:
Even the South West are in full support of Jonathan.
GEJ till 2019
Keep dreaming

14 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by owobokiri(m): 4:23am On Nov 29, 2014
soroptimist:
Because the clueless one is in SW, he is trying to use 'esa' to hoodwink the gullible

Was he not the one who went to the SE to denigrate other regions save the SE as the pillar of his administration?

Now elections are here he is trying to sound conciliatory and statemanly

The same man will go to the North and preach religious tolerance and unity of the country when in fact he has a 3rd force of social media charlatans commissioned to denigrate the Northerners and insult their religion

He will go to the SS and have his side-kicks like Asari threaten people that he must be given a 2nd term by force

It is too late inthe day for GEJ to fool any one by trying to be a stateman on the eve of the election when we know that he is the most divisive President we ever had

So by saying that the SE is the pillar of his administration - an obvious attempt by a typical politician to ingratiate himself with his immidiate audience- the president is now "denigrating" other parts of the country?? Where is the insult that you all see in such a mild empty praise? He just praised the south west as the bastion of the countrys economy. I guess borrowing a leaf from you, I should feel insulted since I am not from the sw!? A politian can't praise his immediate audience again , something every politician does, simply because we have as an opposition in this country, a louquacious bunch of clannish thinkers!? This horrible mentality and approach to national issues by your likes is so nauseatingly retrogressive!

6 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by teeowo: 4:24am On Nov 29, 2014
Former chairman of the Nigeria Ports Authority, Chief Bode George; former Ogun State governor, Chief Gbenga Daniel; and Senator Femi Okunrounmu, in their separate remarks, stated that Yoruba people could not afford to be going in different directions hence the need to manage their dispute with civility. In their goodwill messages,the Orangun Of Oke Ila,Oba Adedokun Abolarin; Chief Olu Falae; Governor Ayodele Fayose; Mrs Mulikat Akande Adeola and Senator Femi Okunrounmu urged the president not to be distracted by negative comments and actions of some people to his administration.

Imagine! This are the kind of talks your aides give you that makes you so so unproductive

19 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by disloman(m): 4:25am On Nov 29, 2014
JECBOSS:

YES!
GEJ remains a better candidate than Buhari.
Lolzzzzzz.It is like comparing death to sleep.They r different.Buhari is miles ahead.

19 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Ahmeduana(m): 4:28am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the backing of the South West rulers?
YOU DEY MIND THE PAN-NGOLO apc NOISE MAKERS, WE KNOW WHO IS WHO WHEN PUSH TURNS TO SHOVE!

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 4:28am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?
Yes ,he has the support of the real Yorubas.
The slaves of the Northerners can do all they want, the real Yorubas will soon take back their land from these Gambari puppets.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Ologunjude(m): 4:30am On Nov 29, 2014
It not for you to say or choose Mr. President. They are the legislature while you are the executive. Or is OBJ right that you have used money to keep them shut?

7 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 4:37am On Nov 29, 2014
According to The Constitution, The Candidate that has the Highest support from the house members would emerge the Speaker
According to PDP constitution, The Chosen Rep member from the Party would automatic become The Speaker in respective of the Decision of The Other Parties.

Tambuwal Was Widely supported by PDP, ACN, Apc, accord etc..

9 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Larryupsy: 4:39am On Nov 29, 2014
I might not be aware of everything,but one thing I'm aware and very confident of is that Jonathan can never win SW.Na Jonah I just pity becos if the likes of Ebenezer Babatope, Gbenga Daniel and Okunrounmu who cannot even deliver a ward, is promising him 7 million votes,Then he must be sitting on a long thing.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by stephengee(m): 4:45am On Nov 29, 2014
soroptimist:
Sometimes i laugh at the juvenile thought-process of this 'tata' President that we have talking as if everyone/party must assist the PDP achieve its zoning policy even if its realisation will eventually hurt the existence of other party

What kind of a baby politician is GEJ who should be ashamed that his PDP Rep members betrayed him and his party by listening and following an opposition backed member than someone the party supports. Does that not signpost a lack of leadership quality in the so-called leader of the party that GEJ is?

Before anyone scoff at ACN's role in the emergence of Tambuwal,the fact remains that politics is about interest and the interest of ACN then was to make sure PDP does not have a foothold in the SW using every permissible political tactics

GEJ should quit sounding like a rain-beaten child and tell himself the home truth of the fact that he lacks the charisma to make people do his bidding. The reason people still defer to GEJ today is because he has the power to dispense political patronage n contracts

ACN's support of Tambuwal was done with a self preservation mindset at heart. It would be foolhardy to allow PDP produce a speaker that will be antagonistic and stiffling of its members potentials even if the person is a yoruba woman

Dimeji Bankole and Olubunmi Etteh's inglorious roles as Speakers of SW descent is still fresh in our memories
nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Larow(m): 4:45am On Nov 29, 2014
JECBOSS:

YES!
GEJ remains a better candidate than Buhari.
Apoda!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by stephengee(m): 4:50am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=carrybreeze post=28433799][/quote]mr man,cast not obanikoro. Most nigerian politicians are thugs.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by InvertedHammer: 4:53am On Nov 29, 2014
/
It is very sad that in Nigeria, the masses are not looking for someone to take them to the promised land.

Rather they are looking for the one who is most likely to do the least damage to them.

SMH

\

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by ghettodreamz(m): 4:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Money has exchanged hands. GEJ you have been seriously fooled, go back there and collect your money. The so-called elders of the South West weren't sincere with you and if at all they are, then they can't force you on we "The South-Westerners". It is IMPOSSIBLE.

Winning a general election shouldn't be by force, and to all the mumu and gullible Southwest elders, God is watching you and sooner, I mean VERY SOON you ALL shall be forced to pay for all these sabotages.

Attributing or associating GEJ to one of our heroes past is a taboo because they are two opposite poles that can never attract each other. We know whom GEJ is, and his below par achievements in terms of human, economic and infrastructural developments since his inception into the office of the President of Nigeria as a state. And our memoirs and what we have read in the Nigerian historians (book) about Chief Obafemi Awolowo remain fresh in our memories. So, the former can never be equated to the latter. Ko se se. Iro Nla.

Nigerian youths won't keep watching you sabotaging our future in the name of carrots; one day monkey go enter market and no go return home.

Make amends NOW before the revolution comes. shocked

Lastly, Mr GEJ, I for one shall be looking forward to reading your bogus booklets detailing all your so-called achievements in the Southwest region geo zone with keen interest. One thing I'm however, sure of is, such book can never be devoid of lies and hoax achievements, which portrays PDP and your administration.

16 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by nerodenero: 5:00am On Nov 29, 2014
Hard truth!
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by retepmurt(m): 5:03am On Nov 29, 2014
These sycophants and political jobbers will never tell Jonathan the truth.
The fact remains that the people of south west and Nigeria as a whole are tired of this government.
Youths in the south west are yearning for a change.
This suffering can not be endured for another four years.
Anyway,the beneficiaries of this insensitive govt have every right to seek support for their benefactor.
And the Nigerian masses are ready to pay any price,bear any burden,meet any hardship,support any friend,oppose any foe to ensure the survival and the success of liberty.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by makzeze: 5:06am On Nov 29, 2014
Why regret? Did you support his emergence in the first place GEJ. Nawa for u..ooooo

10 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:06am On Nov 29, 2014
The APC E-warriors have started again boasting that GEJ won't get South West votes.

Initially they said PDP was dead in South West but when the same PDP ''massacred'' their party APC 16-0 in Ekiti election, the sore losers alleged PDP collaborated with INEC to use ''photo chromic ballot papers and vanishing ink'' to rig the election, till today they haven't provided any evidence to back their baseless allegations.

Making noise on social media won't prevent GEJ from winning again.

8 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by drey076(m): 5:11am On Nov 29, 2014
Enough is enough of pdp dominatn, we want change

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 5:11am On Nov 29, 2014
OneDy:
He assured that he would continue to cherish the contribution of the Yoruba race alongside people from other parts of the country and promised never to leave the region behind in the developmental programmes of his administration, while hinting that booklets that would contain all his achievements in all the regions of the country would be developed

I laugh at the bolded. You need to print booklets to list what you have achieved in 5 years of Governance? Really?
printin of booklets is a norm in Nigerian politics, governors, even past leaders av done it. We are here crying fowl over Gej, wen d closest arm of government to us is as useless as lame man's feet. Abeg make una free Gej, i no even knw my cousellor talkless of chairman! Every one of us shud go home and take wat has been stolen frm us as individuals and as communities, mayb if we do dat, d ogas at d Top will knw they are next.

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 5:12am On Nov 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This man is dividing this country on tribal grounds.
pls how? Go back and read again...let me help u! He assured that he would continue to cherish
the contribution of the Yoruba race
alongside people from other parts of the
country

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by drey076(m): 5:14am On Nov 29, 2014
JECBOSS:
Even the South West are in full support of Jonathan.
GEJ till 2019

Vote for him again and ur unborn children will suffer more

8 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2014
See this mumu president. Even if you had regretted it, should you have say it out? Did you even support he being a speaker from the beginning? Is it not one stupid woman you wanted to impose on the house before they rejected you?

11 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2014
YoursGEJ:
Imagine the supposed President of our country talking like a drunk tribalistic idiiot and further dividing the country. I don't blame him because tribalism is the only thing he has going for him and the few that will be voting for him in 2015 will only be doing so based on tribalism. No one can justify voting this fool in again based on his performance, his fight against corruption, economic growth that impacts the common man or anything positive. Even OBJ brought GSM. Someone whom providence gave the opportunity to occupy a vital position but he decided to use it towards personal gains and aims. All I see is a man is a clueless, drowning man who is fighting a lost battle against his God, his friends, his enemies and his citizens by assaulting their elected representatives. He will soon be sent to the evil abyss from whence he came...along with all those who don't mean well for Nigeria. I will forever curse the day I voted for this man in 2011 and I will continue to apologize to the upcoming generations of Nigerians for that decision. I had no shoes indeed

Meanwhile, thank God say oil prices continues to fall. Less money to loot for the fisherman and his shepopo. We are enjoying the lowest fuel prices in the US in 10 yrs even without a single dime of subsidy from govt. If oil prices were increasing, dem for don raise pump price of petrol sharp sharp and present am as New Years gift.

Let that baboon Okupe come and arrest me for calling the drunk fisherman a drunk fisherman.
sometimes i wonda d kind of people dat likes post on NL....and pls tell me hw he was tribalistic in his statement? I wil quote a portion for u.....He assured that he would continue to cherish
the contribution of the Yoruba race
alongside people from other parts of the
country

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Okudiover(m): 5:20am On Nov 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Will Mr. President have said this if Tambuwai were his right hand man? He is saying this in the south west because among all geopolitical zones in the Country this region has the largest population of undecided voters and if they vote in one direction it could make or mar his narrow chances. Okudiover!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by cut007: 5:23am On Nov 29, 2014
Dailyfavour:
He can do himself favour and drop the ambition, six years already, what else? Is it a family seat? Nigerian are saying NOOOOO...
A beg which "NIGERIANS" could you be talking about??

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by onatisi(m): 5:23am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?
one thing political leaders,traditional rulers and the masses in the south west have come to realize is that . There is no other party in nigeria to party with other than the PDP.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by 2n2k(m): 5:27am On Nov 29, 2014
Given the list of attendees, this should appropriately be tagged 'Yoruba PDP Leaders' meeting not Yoruba Elders meeting. As such, the kind of discussions and chest- beating that went on there is understandable. Even the source of the posting - National Mirror (owned by Jimoh Ibrahim) slant in making it look as if Jimoh is the leader of Yorubas and can therefore speak for Yorubas is too obvious to be missed.

Anyway, all is fair in electoral war

10 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:27am On Nov 29, 2014
YoursGEJ:
Imagine the supposed President of our country talking like a drunk tribalistic idiiot and further dividing the country. I don't blame him because tribalism is the only thing he has going for him and the few that will be voting for him in 2015 will only be doing so based on tribalism. No one can justify voting this fool in again based on his performance, his fight against corruption, economic growth that impacts the common man or anything positive. Even OBJ brought GSM. Someone whom providence gave the opportunity to occupy a vital position but he decided to use it towards personal gains and aims. All I see is a man is a clueless, drowning man who is fighting a lost battle against his God, his friends, his enemies and his citizens by assaulting their elected representatives. He will soon be sent to the evil abyss from whence he came...along with all those who don't mean well for Nigeria. I will forever curse the day I voted for this man in 2011 and I will continue to apologize to the upcoming generations of Nigerians for that decision. I had no shoes indeed

Meanwhile, thank God say oil prices continues to fall. Less money to loot for the fisherman and his shepopo. We are enjoying the lowest fuel prices in the US in 10 yrs even without a single dime of subsidy from govt. If oil prices were increasing, dem for don raise pump price of petrol sharp sharp and present am as New Years gift.

Let that baboon Okupe come and arrest me for calling the drunk fisherman a drunk fisherman.

Point of correction, OBJ did not bring GSM. Telecommunication industry only deem it fit to invest and make money in Nigeria during OBJ's time as the president. Had it being Jonathan that was the president, telecommunication would have also come into Nigeria. Were the people able to buy SIM at a cheaper rate? Was it not during the period that DAVID MARK said GSM wasn't for the common people? OBJ was only lucky that they came to Nigeria to make money during his tenure. Had it being it was OBJ's handwork, he would have regulated them

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 5:29am On Nov 29, 2014
coded01:
Its too late Mr. President... undecided

Less I forget, we as Nigerians regret having a toothless leader as you... angry

(1) Over 200 chibok girls are still not found

(2) Value of Naira is degrading everyday

(3) School fees are on the rise

(4) Standard of living are stagnant and in most cases below poverty level

(5) Nigeria is losing its people everyday to this blood sucking demons

^^^ Let me stop here cos the thread won't contain everything... angry

Yet Mr. President is still campaigning... shocked SMH... embarassed angry
am nt defendin him but do u think he can solve all dis or beta still anyone can? 1.200 girls missin shows our low level security since 558Bc so dat can happen to any president . 2. Wen A dollar was N1 and wen it tilted, we kill d president den? 3. Federal skools are tiution free ask ur state government to reduce theirs 4. Low Standard of living? has always been a tale of d white man of d african nation but still d standard were never grt or even medium b4, people dey work and dey are gettin richer in dis country, no food for lazy man! 5. BH is a new chalenge to d Nigerian government or even to its people, and i believe we wil get stronger in d area of security! No vex am nt defendin Gej but all am sayin is cut d man some slack! Only u can change ur life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kanu: I Am Not A Politician, I Am Repaying Tinubu For His Generosity / Heavy Rain Floods Parts Of Lagos / Obaseki Disowns Ize-iyamu’s Defection Rally In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.