Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students (18909 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Into 200L In Foreign Universities With NCE Result / Foreign Universities In Affiliation With Nigerian Institutions. / Nigerian Students Are Record Setters And Breakers In Foreign Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by TheRealMrStan(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2014
AS incessant strikes and dearth of adequate facilities continue to bolster the number of Nigerian students seeking education abroad, seldom does a month go by without education fairs being held in one major Nigerian city or the other. It is during these unending fairs that recruitment officers and agencies of foreign schools, among other things, impress on prospective students, their parents and guardians that the United Kingdom is no longer the only destination for those seeking quality education. Increasingly, Canada, Russia, Ukraine, Australia, India and New Zealand, Ghana, Benin Republic and South Africa are among options that are popping up strongly.

Endless education fairs, shopping for students

During these education fairs, some fair-minded organisers counsel Nigerian students on the benefits and pitfalls of foreign education. They also lay bare, tiny details that would aid the prospective students make the best possible choices for study as well as help them to map out career paths for themselves after studies.

Organisers also use such fora to brandish the pedigree or educational capacity of the universities or countries they are fronting for, and why Nigerian youths should take more than a passing interest in them. This was the case when a three-city fair at the behest of Bruhas Educational Services Limited, in conjunction with the Indian High Commission in Nigeria and EdCil (India) Limited took place recently.

On November 8 and 11th, Eko Hotel and Suites and the Congress Hall of Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja respectively played host to hordes of prospective students, their parents, school teachers and administrators, who were there to have audience with representatives of about 50 UK universities and colleges.

The Lagos event was at the instance of the British Council, the UK cultural and educational outfit, which is saddled with such and sundry assignments.

While speaking on the rationale behind the fair, a project officer at the council, Sephora Imomoh said, “Studying in any part of the world is about option and not compulsion. But I think more than any other reason, for Nigerians travelling to UK to study is the need to bypass the perennial challenges associated with schools in the country. For instance, last year, Nigerian varsities went on strike for over five months and some students may really not be pleased with that and considering the fact that one of the greatest strength of UK institutions is the stable academic calendar, the students are certainly attracted.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/features/education/188105-nigeria-ultra-rich-hunting-ground-for-foreign-varsities-2
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by ozo13(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/features/education/188105-nigeria-ultra-rich-hunting-ground-for-foreign-varsities-2
grin am there.thank u Mr seun.thank u etisalat ultraspeed browsing network.back to d mata, if I have my chance I will put in for a diploma or a master program in any of the reputable university in Europe.preferably d John Hopkins grin.thank u Mr seun.morning fellow nairalanders.one love kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Prince202020(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
That's good, money is talking. grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by ericgold(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Ok
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by bunmioguns(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
blame it on GEJ

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by SuperModerator: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Prince202020:
That's good, money is talking. grin
ericgold:
Ok
bunmioguns:
undecided
phantonce:
g
harrwix:
danaiks:
kennaustine:
idlatest:
shocked

Seun, na them be this, I catch them

24 Likes

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2014
What do you expect?
This is just like a case of man who can't satisfy his wife.
Na brother ogbonna,his landlord son go dey help am service him wife.

If you don't put your house in order,someone go to do it for you.

by the way,is it that we don't have enough university or we just dnt like studying in our country cos the last time I checked,private university plenty for naija.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by harrwix(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2014
Even with our oil wealth we still do not have a university that is marketable to the world....smh for this country where absolutely nothing works

Soon our brothers will be going to Niger Republic for "quality" education

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Ezeibe(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2014
Na so me too see am.... Wetin we go do na,
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by danaiks(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by idlatest(m): 7:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Right from the days of IBB the Baptist, Education in Nigeria has suffered violence and the violent taketh it by force. grin
But those who cant afford intellectual violence flee to other countries. tongue
Im more concerned with the negative impact this makes on our economy because we are literally importing education and enriching other countries.
But all i know is an average thoroughbred graduate in Nigeria who taketh his Bsc by intellectual forcegrin will outwit many foreign counterpart by any intellectual standards.
Nigeria we hail thee...

12 Likes

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by justi4jesu(f): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2014
Nigerians...too much money smiley
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by amanze15(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2014
"Na who no know go know" fela 1972......i

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by pekeyim: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2014
This is no News.

Waiting for the next important thing.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Ezeibe(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2014
ericgold:
Ok
harrwix:
SuperModerator:
g
bunmioguns:
undecided
danaiks:
...... Nairaland ALERT
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by tolustx(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2014
Afta all I went tru to get my B.Sc, I will adopt any possible means to make sure my children get quality education in d fastest possible means. If studying abroad is d key, then so be it.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 29, 2014
let d feasting continue...since they have decided to b a stranger in their own land
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by AJOT99(m): 8:00am On Nov 29, 2014
Hmm
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Kunleskey(m): 8:00am On Nov 29, 2014
I don't even know what to say about dis all i know is that, i was here..foriegn institution ke.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by bigboyk(m): 8:00am On Nov 29, 2014
This land is not for sale or rent. Trespassers, be warned.

Cyprus should be on the list too.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by ozoebuka1(m): 8:00am On Nov 29, 2014
its 8 o'clock on d dot, that's why I didn't read the whole of the writeup. can someone give me a summary so that I can comment?
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by dannydaniels(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Now I am in France schooling comfortably,what more can I say grin cheesy wink

Ogene doh!! smiley
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Ryabcool(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2014
GEJ till 2019. He has reformed our educational sector. Anyone that does not like it should go and bathe nakedd! angry
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2014
grin grin wow... am here on frontal view
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by wiloy2k8(m): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2014
Na so ... Fp
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by KingSolomonI: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2014
Who send una go the foreign sch?
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by MillionDollars: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2014
Th
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Bagani: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2014
Ok
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by wiringdpt(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2014
Well this is true especially Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand but please becareful with Malaysia so many fake schools that wont submit your applications and take your money.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by asodeboyede(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2014
If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built
up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy
tabernacles.
Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold
of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou
shalt have plenty of silver.
For then shalt thou have thy delight in the
Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he
shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be
established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon
thy ways.
When men are cast down, then thou shalt say,
There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble
person.
He shall deliver the island of the innocent: and it
is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Wins Queen Of Africa Students In Russia / OAU: 10 Reasons It Is The Best Nigerian University / Teachers Without Professional Certificates To Go By Dec — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.