Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:41 AM

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step (13609 Views)

Coach Keshi Failed Nigerians / Who Is Your Favorite Possible Alternative For Coach Keshi??? / NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2014
[b]1. Continuity: Spain, did poorly at the last nations cup. A team which boasted of some of the best players in the world including Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba etc. Despite their poor performance and getting whooped 5-0 by Netherlands, they stuck with their coach to promote continuity.

Retaining Coach Keshi will promote continuity and make our players grow together.

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher. If another coach takes over, he would not have first hand information why the team failed and those reasons will not be corrected. Coach Keshi knows his mistakes and from the next matches, he will correct them.

3. Emerging talents will continue to come out: Coach Keshi was a man who never failed to churn out talents. Many players made their break through in the national team. From Mba, Oboabona, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Babatunde, Moses, Aaron Samuel, Aluko.

Coach Keshi gave many young talents their chances in the national team and many shone. Retaining Coach Keshi will maintain this trend.

4. Mikel Obi: Before Coach Keshi, Mikel was seen as a failure and a flop from the promise he showed in the age grade tourneys.

Under Coach Keshi, Mikel has shown promise and reasons why he was seen as a promising youngster. Mikel created so much chances for the team in recent years and has shown great displays in games for the Super Eagles. He was nominated for the African Footballer of the year and finished second.

Coach Keshi should be retained and I see us progressing.
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/4-reasons-why-renewing-coach-keshis.html[/b]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by khattab02: 11:48am On Nov 29, 2014
Op where the number one & two reasons na?

Anyway, I think he deserves a second chance but really need to learn from those mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2014
khattab02:
Op where the number one & two reasons na?

Anyway, I think he deserves a second chance but really need to learn from those mistakes.
Corrected. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Bigloaf: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Anyway i vex for ham sha, but make we for give ham na our brother. But if he make desame mistake again, no sorry agian o. These time we go burn he house. Na he go know sey person heart nor be pomo, when he dey take play.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Rubbish thread......

I know you as an advocate of keshi..

Del bosque was retained by spain..you posted as if you don't know how ever-fearful they fair on the field of play...

See bro....people just viewed and left cos dem know say na rubbish thread be dis

Has the super eagles ever been fearful under keshi?.....answer the question with your churchmind...

9 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by rennylaw(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
omoteamac:
Rubbish thread......

I know you as an advocate of keshi..

Del bosque was retained by spain..you posted as if you don't know how ever-fearful they fair on the field of play...

See bro....people just viewed and left cos dem know say na rubbish thread be dis

Has the super eagles ever been fearful under keshi?.....answer the question with your churchmind...

1 million likes for you sir.

The guy is a keshi apologist angry

13 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by edi287: 6:18am On Nov 30, 2014
If siasia was sacked for not qualifying for afcon 2012 despite not losing a match, no need for keshi to stay.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 30, 2014
rennylaw:

1 million likes for you sir.

The guy is a keshi apologist angry
abi oooo...its just too obvious that he is...

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Afam4eva(m): 8:07am On Nov 30, 2014
The reasons you gave as to why Keshi should remain are just weak as best. Just say you like Keshi instead of coming up with such annoying reasons. You compare Keshi to Del bosque as if you're not aware that Spain still plays one of the best football in the world, despite not getting the best results but they're still up there. The football played under Keshi is not only unprofessional but annoying. It makes mockery of football. Experience does not apply to football.If you you're not good, you shouldn't be hired. for how long are we gonna allow coaches to learn on the job?

8 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2014
edi287:
If siasia was sacked for not qualifying for afcon 2012 despite not losing a match, no need for keshi to stay.
That means, sacking Siasia was a wrong decision. That should not mean that we should continue with making wrong decisions.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:
The reasons you gave as to why Keshi should remain are just weak as best. Just say you like Keshi instead of coming up with such annoying reasons. You compare Keshi to Del bosque as if you're not aware that Spain still plays one of the best football in the world, despite not getting the best results but they're still up there. The football played under Keshi is not only unprofessional but annoying. It makes mockery of football. Experience does not apply to football.If you you're not good, you shouldn't be hired. for how long are we gonna allow coaches to learn on the job?
Coach Del Bosque had a terrible World Cup with some of the best talents. However, he was retained. Coach Keshi does not have one regular star in a top club playing for him. How do you want him to perform?

Even Cerero of South Africa is a regular for Ajax.

By the way, can you point where I compared Coach Keshi to Coach Del Bosque.

I just pointed out a federation that continued with a coach despite poor results.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Afam4eva:
When it comes to coaching, experience counts.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by tuffgongjo(m): 8:32am On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Del Bosque had a terrible World Cup with some of the best talents. However, he was retained. Coach Keshi does not have on regular star in a top club playing for him. How do you want him to perform?

Even Cerero of South Africa is a regular for Ajax.

By the way, can you point where I compared Coach Keshi to Coach Del Bosque.

I just pointed out a federation that continued with a coach despite poor results.
How many games have they(spain)lost this year$how many have Keshi won this year,is naija playing any meaningful brand of football? Lemme leave it @ that because there are loads of question to ask.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by khattab02: 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
edi287:
I don't think was unbeaten during his qualifiers then? I think he lost in Guinea that was why guinea led the group?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by wordychap: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
khattab02:
I don't think was unbeaten during his qualifiers then? I think he lost in Guinea that was why guinea led the group?
Siasia never lost a match, its Eguavon his predecessor that had a loss before handing over to siasia. I still insist that siasia is d best coach for d eagles job, keshi's team lack flair.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by khattab02: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
wordychap:

Siasia never lost a match, its Eguavon his predecessor that had a loss before handing over to siasia. I still insist that siasia is d best coach for d eagles job, keshi's team lack flair.
thanks! Though I think Siasia deserves his second chance may be in the future or now but am not yet convince about him.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]1. Continuity: Spain, did poorly at the last nations cup. A team which boasted of some of the best players in the world including Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba etc. Despite their poor performance and getting whooped 5-0 by Netherlands, they stuck with their coach to promote continuity.

Retaining Coach Keshi will promote continuity and make our players grow together.

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher. If another coach takes over, he would not have first hand information why the team failed and those reasons will not be corrected. Coach Keshi knows his mistakes and from the next matches, he will correct them.

3. Emerging talents will continue to come out: Coach Keshi was a man who never failed to churn out talents. Many players made their break through in the national team. From Mba, Oboabona, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Babatunde, Moses, Aaron Samuel, Aluko.

Coach Keshi gave many young talents their chances in the national team and many shone. Retaining Coach Keshi will maintain this trend.

4. Mikel Obi: Before Coach Keshi, Mikel was seen as a failure and a flop from the promise he showed in the age grade tourneys.

Under Coach Keshi, Mikel has shown promise and reasons why he was seen as a promising youngster. Mikel created so much chances for the team in recent years and has shown great displays in games for the Super Eagles. He was nominated for the African Footballer of the year and finished second.

Coach Keshi should be retained and I see us progressing.
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/4-reasons-why-renewing-coach-keshis.html[/b]

Continuity? What do you mean by that? Keshi has been building a team since 2012. His excuses at every competition is that his team is only 2-3 months old. There is no consistency. No plan to build and stick to a team. I don't think Keshi is serious. I don't like men that complain too much and blame everybody but themselves for their failures. Men like that are always incompetent.

I am afraid that in 2017, Keshi would still be building a team. There would still be inconsistencies and trials in the team. There would still definitely not be a team but 11 players playing anywhere belle face football.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by pazienza(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
Sticking with Keshi is the best thing to do.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by watchindelta(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
don,t 4get Stephen Kate gat noting to offer oh! the best games for Kate is against ivory coast n Mali. the rest na struggled up till na struggled. n don,t 4get as well that no team respect the super eagles under Stephen Kate, I gat no mercy for am. no coach is to big to fire.gbam
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by danielz777(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
pls pls pls show a sister some love, click on the link http://eplnaija.com/eplnaija-top-10-whoworeitbest2-finalist/ and vote for ms_ teenew,it is d 9th picture on d list. all you 've to do is just click on the vote button. pls pls pls thanks�... its going to mean a lot to her... Pls am on ma knees... Pls pls
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by edi287: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
khattab02:
Nah, Eguavon was incharge when we lost to guinea. Siasia was appointed after that match.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by robosky02(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
you have given your 4 reason abi ok

the only reason just one why we dont want keshi again

he has lost his skills
let him take a break go for refresher course upgrade his technical knowlege

then go to another coutry and try again

Nigerians 180 million pple cant die cos of him. full stop
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
hifaif:

Continuity? What do you mean by that? Keshi has been building a team since 2012. His excuses at every competition is that his team is only 2-3 months old. There is no consistency. No plan to build and stick to a team. I don't think Keshi is serious. I don't like men that complain too much and blame everybody but themselves for their failures. Men like that are always incompetent.

I am afraid that in 2017, Keshi would still be building a team. There would still be inconsistencies and trials in the team. There would still definitely not be a team but 11 players playing anywhere belle face football.

You do not score seven goals in three games and out possessing your opponents playing any where belle face football, it takes team work and coordination to keep possession.

Secondly, our local league is in disarray. We do not have regular stars in top clubs. It took Coach Westerhof five years to win the AFCON. Yet, he had hundreds of players in camp in preparation for the World Cup in USA '94.

So Coach Keshi's building players should be encouraged and not frowned at.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
tuffgongjo:
How many games have they(spain)lost this year$how many have Keshi won this year,is naija playing any meaningful brand of football? Lemme leave it @ that because there are loads of question to ask.
We won two of our last three games and lost none. That shows a trend in growing strength. Look at the conditions and the quality of players he works with. Please do not say Osaze. He was on the bench for Cardiff that got relegated and was fighting to join a relegating QPR. That is one of the star players.

We out played and out possessed South Africa who were one of the best teams in the qualifiers. If Coach Keshi is as poor as you guys claim, how could he do this?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
watchindelta:
don,t 4get Stephen Kate gat noting to offer oh! the best games for Kate is against ivory coast n Mali. the rest na struggled up till na struggled. n don,t 4get as well that no team respect the super eagles under Stephen Kate, I gat no mercy for am. no coach is to big to fire.gbam
We lost our respect a long time ago. The only respect we have in recent years was archived by the Coach Keshi's AFCON success. Even in the time of Okocha and Kanu, teams worried us.

Remember Senegal? 2000/2002?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by watchindelta(m): 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We lost our respect a long time ago. The only respect we have in recent years was archived by the Coach Keshi's AFCON success. Even in the time of Okocha and Kanu, teams worried us.

Remember Senegal? 2000/2002?
bro even with the AFCON no team, nobody respect us oh. don,t 4get Okocha n Kanu time the super eagles while respect even without no AFCON. the super eagles games under Stephen Kate no sweet jor, too much struggled no flair bro.fact
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
watchindelta:
bro even with the AFCON no team, nobody respect us oh. don,t 4get Okocha n Kanu time the super eagles while respect even without no AFCON. the super eagles games under Stephen Kate no sweet jor, too much struggled no flair bro.fact
The game is not eye appealing because of lack of talents. We have players who can not cross or string a pass. The coach has to continue building until we get to the eye appealing level.

That is why I like it when he keeps inviting players. That is how we will get there. By the way, our play improved from the first three games of the qualifiers to the last three. That shows a coach working. Sacking him will render the hard work useless.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by watchindelta(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We won two of our last three games and lost none. That shows a trend in growing strength. Look at the conditions and the quality of players he works with. Please do not say Osaze. He was on the bench for Cardiff that got relegated and was fighting to join a relegating QPR. That is one of the star players.

We out played and out possessed South Africa who were one of the best teams in the qualifiers. If Coach Keshi is as poor as you guys claim, how could he do this?
bro abeg oh as u dey like so den come tell u to be coach for the super eagles n pick ur players to face South African so u mean u will still play dis kind of game? aba no be the same SAfrican our own base eagles beat with igsund as their coach? but dis their new coach changing dat now? so Stephen Kate gat noting to offer again true oh. I don tired to watch struggled primary school football.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by watchindelta(m): 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
The game is not eye appealing because of lack of talents. We have players who can not cross or string a pass. The coach has to continue building until we get to the eye appealing level.

That is why I like it when he keeps inviting players. That is how we will get there. By the way, our play improved from the first three games of the qualifiers to the last three. That shows a coach working. Sacking him will render the hard work useless.
bro u mean Nigerian lack talent? what of SAfrican,Congo? bro coach matter well well for team. if u can,t motivate ur players u can,t win games.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
watchindelta:
bro u mean Nigerian lack talent? what of SAfrican,Congo? bro coach matter well well for team. if u can,t motivate ur players u can,t win games.
We lack Talents. Even South Africa has Cerero who is a star player for Ajax. We have falling down the ladder. Can we compare our league to the South African league?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
watchindelta:
bro abeg oh as u dey like so den come tell u to be coach for the super eagles n pick ur players to face South African so u mean u will still play dis kind of game? aba no be the same SAfrican our own base eagles beat with igsund as their coach? but dis their new coach changing dat now? so Stephen Kate gat noting to offer again true oh. I don tired to watch struggled primary school football.
In that last game, we out played South Africa. We had more possession and more shots. You cherish the South African play and call ours dull despite the fact we played better than them.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by watchindelta(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We lack Talents. Even South Africa has Cerero who is a star player for Ajax. We have falling down the ladder. Can we compare our league to the South African league?
SAfrican league is the same since now, before we dey beat dem. abi it change? even chain cup na still the same SAfrican league guys played am before we beat dem. Nigeria get enough talent but Stephen Kate don,t kn how to make used of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab / Rivers United (Nigeria) Beat Bloemfontein Celtic (South Africa) 5-0 On Aggregate / AFCON 2021: Cape Verde Vs Cameroon (1 - 1) On 17th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.