Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" (37378 Views)

What Misconception Does People Have On You? / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Nigerian girls and misconception of the phrase "ask me out!" angry

Often times I've come across scenarios where a guy talks to a lady in a friendly manner only for the girl to tell her girlfriends that he is trying to ask her out! shocked

My ideology of asking a lady out is that first you invite her on a date or multiple dates and during one of such dates you let out your intention but in Nigeria, reverse seems to be the case. once you strike up a convo, she believes you've already started to ask her out undecided

Is this a Nigerian mentality or a misinterpretation of the word "ask me out" feel free to air your opinion smiley

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
the only ladies i see doing that are ladies who are fighting for that man and he fortunately strikes a conversation with you,you just havta tell ur fellow ladies who are also fighting for him that he has asked you out....a warnibg that they should keep clear cry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
It's something I'm stl surprised about sad

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Evina(f): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
Actually, it is the other way round.

When a girl is friendly with a guy, he begins to have the erroneous idea that she is an easy lay.

59 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by kozaic(f): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
I reserve my coment.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Evina:

When a girl is friendly with a guy, he begins to have the erroneous idea that she is an easy lay.
I beg to differ ma'am smiley
We knw very well d difference b/w "friendliness" & "greenlight" but ladies seem not to understand dx tin at all. They see any guy dt tries to b friendly with dem as a toaster or potential toaster

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
kozaic:
I reserve my coment.
mbok don't reserve ur comment. Instead comment ur reserve wink

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Spidermon: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
Upon all the telemundo they watch, they still can't properly define the process that lead up to their getting f*cked...

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Evina(f): 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
AgapeCharis:
I beg to differ ma'am smiley
We knw very well d difference b/w "friendliness" & "greenlight" but that ladies seem not to understand dx tin at all. They see any guy dt tries to b friendly with dem as a toaster or potential toaster

The only place I am really friendly with a guy is online. Because in real life, they always misconstrue the most genuine intentions. They always want to push for something further.

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by MrFlexible(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Yes bro..Naija girls be doing this since 12AD..crushin on a guy but can't tell it...so if the guy say 'Hello', that's all...

Infact, I just told her we need to talk, she had already told her friends we're dating...so when we saw, I talked about how to cook ogbono dat she should give me the steps n that was all...

Seriously, u gurls need to stop this thing..if u lyk something, go for it or @least show it...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Natasha2(f): 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
Erm poster you also have a misconception about it. To ask someone out doesn't necessarily mean you want him or her to be your bf or gf. It is just inviting someone to go out with you. For example I can ask you out to the cinema,or for ice cream or whatever it is I want us to do. But I guess everyone narrows "asking me out" to relationship and love.

And as for the other part guys do it too, a girls is being nice and you think she wants you.

So I'm asking you out right now @ op can you join me for ice cream next week? tongue

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Tonydeeb(m): 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Abeg stick wif d topic of discussion
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Evina:

The only place I am really friendly with a guy is online. Because in real life, they always misconstrue the most genuine intentions. They always want to push for something further.
ya need to become friends with me in real life den wink
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Tonydeeb:

Abeg stick wif d topic of discussion
I tire o. Dey don change am 4 op hand cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
AgapeCharis:
I tire o. Dey don change am 4 op hand cheesy
You know women na, always claiming to be the affected party undecided

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
adepiero:
You know women na, always claiming to be the affected party undecided
Lol
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by monickerless: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
Dem babes are always getting everytin wrong and misconcepted! Some of them be like a 'boyfriend is a boy that's your friend' or... 'he's my boyfriend' yet they don't have a sexual relationship with the guy.
By the way, I'm new here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Not all galz tho

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by lilmax(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Evina:

you know you are wrong

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Evina(f): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
lilmax:
you know you are wrong

You know I'm right wink

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by lilmax(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
Most of them are desperate thats the fact
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by adepiero: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
Natasha2:
Erm poster you also have a misconception about it. To ask someone out doesn't necessarily mean you want him or her to be your bf or gf. It is just inviting someone to go out with you. For example I can ask you out to the cinema,or for ice cream or whatever it is I want us to do. But I guess everyone narrows "asking me out" to relationship and love.

And as for the other part guys do it too, a girls is being nice and you think she wants you.

So I'm asking you out right now @ op can you join me for ice cream next week? tongue
Madam, "ask me out" and "take me out" are two different things. pls don't get it twisted!

the former is used in a relationship process while the later is used in a casual meeting. what you are talking about is "take me out" e.g I wanna take you out for dinner. no strings attached but when I ask you out then the is intention of a relationship.

the only similarity is that one leads to the other (take out = ask out) but not in all cases.

31 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Natasha2(f): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
adepiero:
Madam, "ask me out" and "take me out" are two different things. pls don't get it twisted!

the former is used in a relationship process while the later is used in a casual meeting. what you are talking about is "take me out" e.g I wanna take you out for dinner. no strings attached but when I ask you out then the is intention of a relationship.

the only similarity is that one leads to the other (take out = ask out) but not in all cases.

lol google is your friend oga

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Natasha2(f): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
to ask someone out means inviting them to go out with you. Thats how people mistake flirt to mean someone that sleeps around.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by holatin(m): 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
gurls of nowadays are full of themselve
dat just y dey read meaning to been friendly.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Drsmith01(m): 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Spaced booked....
whats even the topic sef?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by BruzMoney(m): 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by teemanbastos(m): 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
abeg hu qet zinox laptop charger here? .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by seapson(m): 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lemme go nd read d post
Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
....Not all girls are like this though ,It happens with Men too ...When a girls is just tryn to be nice ,A lot of males believes its the "D" She wants ...I think its a n inferiority Complex thing ,folks believing everyone wants em prolly because they have only one item to offer

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by lilflipnerd: 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
I need a babe oo, someone like a best friend

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Misconception Of "Ask Me Out" by iceberylin(m): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
When will our Girls have sense undecided

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal / Watch Video Of Alhaja Kaola Giving BJ To Unidentified Man (18+) / Who Loves Big Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.