Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities (1286 Views)

Experienced Programming Opportunities Available Abroad!! / Opportunities for Females in the tech world / Career Opportunities In Nigeria With A Software Engineering Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by colly(m): 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2008
Hello house, i go through some of the threads on this section and it has really triggered my desire to learn computer programming but first. I'd like to know the job opportunities that goes with a computer programmer even if the programmer isn't a university graduate. Thanks
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by quadrillio(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
Enough Oppurtunties, but dont do it for the money, Do it for the Passion.

I promise you the skies is your startiing point.

incase you need any assitance you can mail me.
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by Zeta(m): 2:38am On Dec 14, 2008
this goes out to quadrillio and anyone that can be of help.

I have installed a java development kit but i can't find the option for compiling my java codes after typing them in Notepad.
what am i doing wrong?
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2008
The vast majority of software opportunities out there don't really require programming. 
They involve software installation, configuration, administration and customization. wink
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by candylips(m): 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2008
Seun:

The vast majority of software opportunities out there don't really require programming. 
They involve software installation, configuration, administration and customization. wink

You are wrong

There are thousands of development oppotunities that do not require the installation of some open source sofware or supporting some foreign software.

I will only support using something that already exists if you are tryng to solve a problem some else has already sovled. But there a still millions of problems in this world that are waiting to be solved probabaly by YOU
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by dammytosh: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2008
Seun:

grin I no blame boda seun. He installed, configured , administered and customized the [b]script [/b]that gave birth to Naira land.   grin

@Colly : There are still an uncountable number of problems yet to be solved. A good programmer , with the right connection as a free lancer earns more than a Bank Manager. Sow your time building the skills and reap bountiful harvest. C u at the top Brother.
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2008
-
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by Afam(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2008
There are a lot of opportunities and new opportunities are coming up every day.

The issue really is that some people or businesses have had rough times with some developers and you know what they say about bad news traveling faster.
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by Seun(m): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2008
There are thousands of development opportunities that do not require the installation of some open source sofware or supporting some foreign software.
Yes, and there are hundreds of thousands of opportunities that involve working with existing software. wink
Re: Want To Know About Programmer Opportunities by candylips(m): 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2008
Seun:

Yes, and there are hundreds of thousands of opportunities that involve working with existing software. wink

This will be in situations were you want exactly the same functionality or a subset of it

However this is not the case most times and sometimes you might just be better off starting from scratch because the existing software might not work for your specific requirement or might be too cumbersome to redesign to fit your needs.

(1) (Reply)

Hw Effective Is Vb,is It Outdated? / Ms Sql Server / Can Any One Pls Help Me Decrypt These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.