Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,145 members, 7,780,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:23 AM

DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR (2949 Views)

Dealing With A Child's Destructive Behaviour? / Does Our Parent Have Legal Right To Reject A Partner They Dont Like? / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by Oyinadewrites: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ever wondered why your roommate fights you over small issues? Why your dad is calm and your mum tends to be aggressive? Why identical twins, born on the same day behave, assimilate; enjoy different things, why your sister or brother makes more friends than you do?
Heard of the word temperament?
Most people believe that this word is only associated with individuals who gets angry easily for e.g. JOSH is temperamental, he gets angry easily.
The word temperament goes a long way beyond that. .Oxford dictionary defined “temperament “as the emotional part of someone’s character, especially how likely they are to be happy or angry. This emotional part dominates the bulk of individual’s behavioral stimulants.
Psychologically the word “temperament” refers to those aspect of an individual’s personality that are often regarded as innate (they are born with) rather than learned
There are four groups of temperament’’ ’sanguine. Choleric, melancholic and phlegmatic
The sanguines are traditionally associated with air; they are lively, sociable, carefree, and loquacious and pleasure seeking. They may be warm hearted and optimistic, they can be forgetful. Pedagogically, they can be reached through awakening their love for a subject and admiration of people.
Choleric, the ambitious and leader like are traditionally associated with fire. They are egocentric and extroverted. They may be impulsive restless with reserves of aggression, energy, passion and try to instill in others. They are task oriented, focused on getting a job done efficiently, they appreciate respect and esteem for their work. Pedagogically, they can be reached through mutual respect and appropriate challenges that recognize their capacities.
Melancholy, I call them the perfectionist because they are analytical and quiet. Traditionally they are associated with element of earth. They may appear serious, introverted, cautious or even suspicious. They are not sociable; they can become preoccupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world and are prone to depression and moodiness. Pedagogically they can be reached by awakening their sympathy for others and the suffering of the world.
Phlegmatic are relaxed and peaceful, traditionally, and they are associated with water. They may be inward and private, thoughtful, reasonable, calm, patient, tolerant and caring’ they tend to have a rich inner life, seek a quiet and peaceful atmosphere and are content with themselves. They are faithful friends, may appear somewhat ponderous or clumsy, their speech tends to be slow or appear hesitant. Pedagogically their interest is awakened by experiencing others interest in a subject.
Knowing our temperaments and understanding others as well helps us associate with people having fewer problems.
Too be continued …

source: https://honeycrownwrites./2014/11/29/should-we-be-blamed-for-our-temperament-1/
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by holatin(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
a big YES
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by zube01(m): 12:37am On Nov 30, 2014
how does one know where he falls in? been trying to figure it
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Yes it does.
For example, I find it very hard to co-habit with someone in the same room or eat from the same plate with someone.

I felt this guilty-joy when my cousin started spending more time in her friend's place
But that doesn't mean I don't love her.
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by crackhaus: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Joavid:
Yes it does.
For example, I find it very hard to co-habit with someone in the same room or eat from the same plate with someone.

I felt this guilty-joy when my cousin started spending more time in her friend's place
But that doesn't mean I don't love her.
Hmmmm... gringrin
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by Oyinadewrites: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
zube01:
how does one know where he falls in? been trying to figure it
according to a particular Greek psychologist (i can't remember the name now) there are basically four temperaments; Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic and Melancholy... watch out for my next post as i dissect them all.
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by Oyinadewrites: 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mod.. front-page material
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by KanwuliaJara: 9:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
I am VERY SANGUINO-CHOLERIC!
No apologies!

SIMPLE ANSWER?

Yes!!!! kiss
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by Kimoni: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
To a large extent it does, I am a MelPhleg and there is no denial it shows in my character.
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by bolakale30(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2014
Kimoni:
To a large extent it does, I am a MelPhleg and there is no denial it shows in my character.
MelPhleg that's one hell of an introvert... Make the mods move this to front-page nau
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by bolakale30(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
I am VERY SANGUINO-CHOLERIC!
No apologies!

SIMPLE ANSWER?

Yes!!!! kiss

chai!!! you go talk pass radio niyen o

1 Like

Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by KanwuliaJara: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2014
bolakale30:

chai!!! you go talk pass radio niyen o

Only radio? wink
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by Kimoni: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
bolakale30:

MelPhleg that's one hell of an introvert... Make the mods move this to front-page nau

But remember that melancholies have got their moments and are very unpredictable. They could act like sanguines this minute and become very withdrawn the next minute.
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by bolakale30(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

Only radio? wink
I had to go and check your profile picture and it would have a misnomer if you were anything but a SANCHLOR...
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by KanwuliaJara: 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
bolakale30:

I had to go and check your profile picture and it would have a misnomer if you were anything but a SANCHLOR...

O jes o! cool
Full of life and PASSSSSSION! cool

1 Like

Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by bolakale30(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

O jes o! cool
Full of life and PASSSSSSION! cool
in lieu of this, i propose to cultivate your friendship.
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by KanwuliaJara: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
bolakale30:

in lieu of this, i propose to cultivate your friendship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAbq_qkzFR0
Re: DOES OUR TEMPERAMENT INFLUENCE OUR BEHAVIOUR by SAMBARRY: 10:40am On Dec 02, 2014
SANGUINE 50 CHOLERIC 50 grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

They Said I Look Like Dr Martin Luther King Junior(picture) / My Husband/fiance Is A 'business Man' Syndrome / Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.