Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,349 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths (24008 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos / Another Airasia Plane Carrying 153 People Overshoots Runway In The Philippines (2) (3) (4)

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by 9jahubcom(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
arshavineering:
I hope they won't have to blame GEJ for this oo..hope no casualties anyways
yes
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by born2boink(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
I don tire for naija
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by alaoeri: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pray that the damage will be bearable.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Optional2(f): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Na wa ooooo we dy wait 4 more details sha
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by kskpoundz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hope we get a survival
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by simplibaba(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Vstuffs(m): 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Wait for update
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by bosteps: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thank God there was no casualty

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by BRAV0O(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
Why no details yet
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by holatin(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
hope no life list
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by kushfc(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
Not again. Dana is still fresh in our memory

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by collynzo2(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jarus:
To think I was on the website of these guys during the week searching for flight for Mrs Jarus on her just-returned trip to Ilorin....and had her to settle for road because the time for departure (7.00am) was too early for a nursing mother coming to Ikeja from Ajah of all places. I pray there are no casualities here..

I have always had my concerns about planes used for low-traffic routes in Nigeria (Akure, Ilorin, Yola etc). I boarded one old, rickety aircraft from Lagos to Ilorin few years ago and the sound was like that of Okada.

We always hear of these kind of stories whenever there is a plane crash, it isn't necessary to be honest, people miss flights all the time.
Tthat someone missed a flight which later crashed doesn't take away anything from the fact that people died.

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Bitojoe(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=born2fuck post=28453917]I don tire for naija[/quote

go to sabisa forest or Liberia...
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Gaskia: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
We pray it turns out false.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Choi. .. may God continue to keep us.. especially those who fly often
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jarus:
To think I was on the website of these guys during the week searching for flight for Mrs Jarus on her just-returned trip to Ilorin....and had her to settle for road because the time for departure (7.00am) was too early for a nursing mother coming to Ikeja from Ajah of all places. I pray there are no casualties here..

I have always had my concerns about those small, badly maintained planes used for low-traffic routes in Nigeria (Akure, Ilorin, Yola etc). I boarded one old, rickety aircraft from Lagos to Ilorin few years ago and the sound was like that of Okada.

. Bros go do thanks given o 4 church o
collynzo2:

We always hear of these kind of stories whenever there is a plane crash, it isn't necessary to be honest, people miss flights all the time.
The fact that someone missed the flight that later crashed doesn't take away anything from the fact that people died.

Agreed. At the same time, events like this always remind you of casual decisions you took/did not take.

I never said nor implied anywhere that it took away anything from the fact.

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Fabdedon(m): 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
see the witch craft every where de redirected d plane
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
obejoseph10:
. Bros go do thanks given o 4 church o

It could have been same aircraft but couldn't have been same trip. Mine was Wednesday and Lagos-Ilorin; this is Abuja-Ilorin today, although same airline.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by ADUNOKIKI(f): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
This cant be today, guess it happened on Friday (Yesterday). Cos Overland only fly on Mondays, Wed and Frid. I pray no lives are lost o. I don enter that same plane twice this month. The problem of that Overland is that From Abuja, that plane will land at Minna and from Minna to Ilorin, then from Ilorin to Lagos, all these in a day picking passengers up. Why wont the jet get malaria. Its an 18 passenger jet. Thank God for my friend o, she wan enter that plane on Friday.

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by ekochris(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
I just dey observe
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
The way planes crash these days in Nigeria, you will think its those paper planes that crashed. Too much!
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by tpia5: 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jarus:
To think I was on the website of these guys during the week searching for flight for Mrs Jarus on her just-returned trip to Ilorin....and had her to settle for road because the time for departure (7.00am) was too early for a nursing mother coming to Ikeja from Ajah of all places. I pray there are no casualties here..

I have always had my concerns about those small, badly maintained planes used for low-traffic routes in Nigeria (Akure, Ilorin, Yola etc). I boarded one old, rickety aircraft from Lagos to Ilorin few years ago and the sound was like that of Okada.

your wish is a capital fail.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by feezy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
OMO LAST FLIGHT TO ABUJA THINGS shocked shocked jimm iyke survive

I'm Tired; Heading To Finland. / Any Nigerian In Barbados? / Two Yola-Bound Buses Collide At Night (Graphic Photos)