Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? (10366 Views)

Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / How To Drive Automatic Vehicles / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? by idu1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
It's looks local.... And disgusting embarassedIt's looks local.... And disgusting
Re: Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? by clemz85(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
totally wrong!
pls you should try and understand what goes on under the hood, how the interior functions of gears and moving parts relates to each other,

auto mobs are designed in a way that you should let go of the gas pedal before engaging brake, that why they made provision of foot rest at the left side floor and housed the both pedal on right side, common sense should know that .

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? by Ikenna351(m): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Its one thing to be doing something wrong ignorantly, but its something else to be beating your chest in the public about it.

If Govt decides today to track and deal with Law breakers from social media, some people in this thread would lose their drivers licences or have theirs suspended or even cancelled in their database. Because you are not only endangering your life, but also innocent fellow road users due to atrocity you do by applying brake pedal with left leg. We can blame Nigerian roads most times, but most cause of fatal accidents that have claimed many lives on our roads were caused by road bad users.

That you can turn steering wheel doesn't make you a driver. Its more reason I always recommend people should learn how to drive with manual transmission, because there is no way you will learn how to drive with manual tranny and drive like this.

I strongly recommend anyone who drive in this very bad manner to go back and learn how to drive. Even if you don't value your life, do it for loved ones or innocent ones who you could end their lives with that.

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? by ogawisdom(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
adanny01:

Did you watch the videos posted by ZIMDRILL? You need to.

Left foot brakers are likely to have their brake lights on involuntarily causing problems to other motorist. The brake light switch level on the brake pedal is always before the actual brake application level. The idle left leg resting on the pedal in most cases trigger the brake lights even when accelerating but sending a wrong signal to cars following behind which will brake thinking you are braking.

Imagine the effect of a car ahead with 100 cars behind it. Whenever the second car sees the brake lights of the car ahead, he will brake too. Same applies to the next car and the next, down to the 100th car. Imagine that all those braking was a false alert and repeated almost constantly without you the ahead driver knowing the distress of your actions to other motorist. Its just insensitivity on your part not to be nice to other motorist even when you have not flaunted an obvious road traffic regulation.

No one says, you are barred from it (in Nigeria atleast) or that you are not good at it. You will never know how bad you are since the resulting problems will be behind you. Some people are bad brakers but the left foot brakers are even worst and can be spotted from a mile away.

Left foot braking is as bad as putting on left turn signal but physically turning right.

Don't worry my left foot doesn't rest on d brake pedal wen I am nt brakin. I am nt a learner u kw, I do drive with one leg in freeway but two legs works beta for me in congested city drivin where speed of reaction to emergency matters a lot.
Re: Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? by princealexndre(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2016
I drive automatic transmission cars with two legs... I don't see what is wrong when ur both legs are on the controls and ready for any emergency...it's quite interesting using both legs.. you also feel more confident,comfortable and faster.. N.b: "I can also use one leg, but I prefer using the two"

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Drive Automatic Transmissions With Both Legs? by princealexndre(m): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2016
chimah3:
Was having an argument with some friends and family and they all said I was wrong for driving Automatic transmissions with both legs. I actually feel more confident and comfortable on the road using both legs.

Infact to be honest I don't know how to use one foot.

Please guys let me hear your thoughts on this, reasons and all...thanks!

Sure many would learn from this too!
use what is comfortable for you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Candid Advice On Choice Btw Honda Accord Or Toyota Corolla / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... / How To Know Your Tyres Expiry Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.