Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? (1417 Views)

Say NO To Suicide Bombing And Terrorism: A Message To Boko-haram (pic) / See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) / Charles Novia, Foluke Daramola In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2006
, or do you think that Israel has no choice but to send a message? What do you think?

I grow more and mre concerned as I view the news about innocent children being killed by aerial bombings.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by TayoD(m): 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2006
Why the spotlight on Isreal?  Why not include Hezbollah and al-Qaida?  I think your topic already shows a bias and that is very disgusting.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2006
No I am for Israel! I just wanted to know how people felt about the bombings as it affects civilians, and especially children.

I realize that Israel is in a sticky situation, but do you want to tell me that nations like the US and others who have a stake in the Middle East can't help both countries to reach a settlement as yet?
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2006
Terrorist organisations are an exception since Hizbollah and Hamas have no scruples about strapping a bomb to 16 year old boys and girls to blow up themselves and other Israelis then you must get rid of them anyhow Hizbollah is to blame if they want to fight Israel they should come out into the battle field and fight like men not hide under the skirts of women and children launch rockets and go to hide under their wifes bed so inevitably Israel kill civilians. Negotiate with terrorists that is commited solely to the total anhiliation of Israel as their charters state so Israel should destroy all Hizbollah and their supporters
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2006
Terrorist organisations are an exception since Hizbollah and Hamas have no scruples about strapping a bomb to 16 year old boys and girls to blow up themselves and other Israelis then you must get rid of them anyhow Hizbollah is to blame if they want to fight Israel they should come out into the battle field and fight like men not hide under the skirts of women and children launch rockets and go to hide under their wifes bed so inevitably Israel kill civilians. Negotiate with terrorists that is commited solely to the total anhiliation of Israel as their charters state so Israel should destroy all Hizbollah and their supporters

One thing is certain is that the Hizbollahs are defeating their own cause. They should have known that Israel would out arm them, yet they initiated a provacation.

Can you imagine that these people are cousins? They are both descendants of Abraham. You see what happens when people act outside of God's will and plan. If Abraham hadn't gone and lay with Hagar probably all this would n't be happening now.

Imagine how God must feel when he looks down and see what His creation has become. Sad isn't it?
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2006
@ bobbyaf, i'm sure God does not feel anything. Best He's probably shedding tears for His sinful creation!

From the birth of Isaac and Ishmeal, God had separated them from day 1 so there's no cousin affiliation here!

Bobbyaf:

One thing is certain is that the Hizbollahs are defeating their own cause. They should have known that Israel would out arm them, yet they initiated a

This was a strategic error by hizballah, i dont think they ever dreamt that Isreal would send such a massive response, they probably thot it was going to be one of those long drawn out "negotiations" for their terrorists in Isreali jails. Unfortunately for them, Isreal has refused to be cowed by the play acting Lebanese who purposely put themselves in the way of bombs to sweing public oppinion in hizballah's favor.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Eurphoria(f): 3:15am On Aug 11, 2006
i am getting sick of all this , are ppl suffering from amnesia or what? Israel this Israel that, what have they done? How long will they allow themselve be target training for every terrorist network? Please, in my opinion Israel is not doing enuff, They should do us all a fav and wipe them off the face of the earth. No fuking apologies to anybody for this comment at all. angry

Innocent lives as you call it, yes, is that not what they swines said when they were slaying Aid workers in Iraq? they said'' they are just casualties of war'' ok Lebanon can go bury thier casualities. had enuff of all this political correctness, let play happy people, hippie loving, aww poor lebanon, awww poor iran, iraq, afghans, etc please Israel is not sending foot soldiers on their buses , trains, aeroplanes in the name of war. They are responding rightly.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 11, 2006
thank you Eurphoria.
one person who is standing up for the truth, i am also tired of this decietful politial correctness. Call a spade a spade, these "innocent" lebanese civilians are the fodder feeding the hizbollah and suicide bomber ranks!
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by diddy4(m): 4:02am On Aug 11, 2006
all these hypocrites calling isreal shud better go get a life. what did they do huh? so they shud just stand their and fold hands and watch those asswipes bomb them huh? how long will they be patient? who told you those lives they are slaying are innocent? who even told you they are civilians? who told u it aint the hezzy armies dressed as civilians huh? this is ridiculous.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:52am On Aug 11, 2006
@ diddy4

i am getting sick of all this , are people suffering from amnesia or what? Israel this Israel that, what have they done? How long will they allow themselve be target training for every terrorist network? Please, in my opinion Israel is not doing enough, They should do us all a fav and wipe them off the face of the earth. No fuking apologies to anybody for this comment at all.

Innocent lives as you call it, yes, is that not what they swines said when they were slaying Aid workers in Iraq? they said'' they are just casualties of war'' ok Lebanon can go bury their casualities. had enough of all this political correctness, let play happy people, hippie loving, aww poor lebanon, awww poor iran, iraq, afghans, etc please Israel is not sending foot soldiers on their buses , trains, aeroplanes in the name of war. They are responding rightly

No one is arguing against your point mi amigo! But I am throwing out the qustion about concern for innocent deaths anyway. In summary it seems you are not the least concerned.

Thanks for your commentery.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by diddy4(m): 4:53am On Aug 11, 2006
concerned? concerned? they can burn in hell for all i care. why the hell should they wann@ wipe out isreal? oya now, let us see who will wipe who out.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:57am On Aug 11, 2006
@ diddy4
all these hypocrites calling isreal should better go get a life. what did they do huh? so they should just stand their and fold hands and watch those asswipes bomb them huh? how long will they be patient? who told you those lives they are slaying are innocent? who even told you they are civilians? who told u it aint the hezzy armies dressed as civilians huh? this is ridiculous.

Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 11, 2006
Bobbyaf:

@ diddy4

No one is arguing against your point mi amigo! But I am throwing out the qustion about concern for innocent deaths anyway. In summary it seems you are not the least concerned.

Thanks for your commentery.

Concerned about which "innocent" deaths?
- Why did the Isreali govt place its citizens in bunkers and the Lebanese did not nor did they try to evacuate their citizens despite the numerous warnings by the IDF, a luxury Isreali "innocent" citizens do not enjoy at the hands of hizballah?
- "Innocent" citizens who would not hesitate to hide hizballah fighters, burn american and jewish flags and chant "Death to america"?
- "Innocent" citizens who will not hesitate to fill the ranks of hizballah and suicide bombers?

- Why is everyone specifically concerned ONLY about "innocent citizens" when the aggressors happen to be American or Isreali? Is the world blind to the fact that islamic millitias are killing more than 100 people a day in Iraq? What of afghanistan, sudan, somalia, chad? Are those not "innocent citizens" too? The same people yelling "concern for innocent citizens" were busy jubilating after sept 11?

http://davidylan..com/2006/08/hypocrisy-as-new-face-of-islamofacism.html#comments

Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:48am On Aug 11, 2006
Concerned about which "innocent" deaths?

If you don't know what do you expect me to say?

Why did the Isreali govt place its citizens in bunkers and the Lebanese did not nor did they try to evacuate their citizens despite the numerous warnings by the IDF, a luxury Isreali "innocent" citizens do not enjoy at the hands of hizballah?

I see what you're saying, so let us include those innocent deaths that occur in Israel too. Let me ask you are you concerned for those innocent deaths in Israel?

"Innocent" citizens who would not hesitate to hide hizballah fighters, burn american and jewish flags and chant "Death to america"?
- "Innocent" citizens who will not hesitate to fill the ranks of hizballah and suicide bombers?

Surely you don't believe that everybody in the fighting regions of Hezbollah are hiding and giving support to the terroists are you? If you've been watching the news you'd have witnessed innocent families suffering who had nothing to do with supporting any war. Just like the citizens of Israel they went about their normal business. Bombs came their way.

Why is everyone specifically concerned ONLY about "innocent citizens" when the aggressors happen to be American or Isreali?

Well, i agree with you. The problem in this case is on both sides. I am concerned too about innocent victims in Israel, lest you think I am not. grin

Is the world blind to the fact that islamic millitias are killing more than 100 people a day in Iraq? What of afghanistan, sudan, somalia, chad? Are those not "innocent citizens" too? The same people yelling "concern for innocent citizens" were busy jubilating after sept 11?

Thats kind of similar to the point I made about the world powers not showing enough concern in an area where they have vested interest. Why are they putting off the inevitable?
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by barikade: 6:33am On Aug 11, 2006
Tell you what - I hardly know what to say in a situation where innocent civillians are caught in crossfires. There are a few things that come to mind in discussing issues like this:

1. No innocent civillian deserves the pain and death of any war - whether they be Israelis, Lebanese, Pakistani, American. . . or even Nigerian. In practice, the rules of engagement in any conflict do not respect civillian areas or demilitarized zones, especially where the perceived target(s) have infiltrated civillian areas.

2. It does not appear that Israel went out with an agenda to slay innocent lives as part of her stragedy; so perhaps the topic of this thread needs a little recast. Unfortunately, in warfare innocent people that have nothing to do with the politics of war most often happen to be caught in the thick of any garboil.

3. On either side, what has been the underlying agenda? Israel would like to see an end of Hezbollah/Hizbullah and her activities; while Hizbullah has been calling for the annihilation of Israel and her existence. In my constrained understanding, in the latter case a minority group is calling for the extinction of a nation - which does not make sense.

4. That some of the "innocent civillians" in Lebanese quarters are purported to have been encouraging Hizbullah's activities (by hiding them and joining their ranks) makes it all the more difficult for Israel to sieve through the target areas.

In all, on either side of the conflict, my heart goes out to civillians suffering from the crossfires - both Israelis, Labanese and multi-nationalities in the region who actually may have nothing to do with Hizbullah's ideology.
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2006
Very well said bari_kade.

Coming to think of it the topic should have been worded differently. But you have summed up everything perfectly.

Gracias mi amigo!
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2006
methinks the death toll is insignificant, compared to the Kaduna riots, well over 1000 in one week, and that is without rockets and automatic weapons,

I cannot believe Kofi Annan will sping into action so actively, and be seated like roast pork when the govt of Khartoum and their bleeding supporter of APC killed millions of non-muslim (non-arab) sudanese.

I think isreal is in her right though she's marshalling too much in committing to driving deeper into lebanon, the damage is deep to satisfy surrounding arab nations not allied to iran and hezbollah and Al-queda, any deeper, Isreal risks raising emotional alliances from less xtreme islamic states
Re: Is Israel's Bombing And Slaying Of Innocent Lives Justifiable In War? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2006
I long for the day when all wars shall cease! That day is just around the corner, where men's injustice will be no more.

Bless

(1) (Reply)

Bad roads in Nigeria, Does OBJ want to demobilise Nigerians? / Nigeria Should Allow Religious Parties To Participate In Elections / My Thought On Ibb, Atiku And Buhari Bid And Next Generation Of Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.