Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Nairaland Economics Academy - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Economics Academy (8438 Views)

Nigerian Defence Academy 68RC Is Finally Out / Nairaland Economics Erudites / Nigerian Defence Academy (nda) Form Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Gafano(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2016
efficiencie:

I just sent them to you sir...I hope you enjoy them!
u doing a great work sir...God bless
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by efficiencie(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2016
Has anyone noticed that since the rebasing of the real GDP and its components, the structure of the real GDP and its components changed drastically from an economy driven by oil to an economy driven by industry? Is this another foul play by the NBS or is it a hidden pattern revealed by the rebasing?

Research questions for economic thinkers!!!
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
efficiencie:

You can get data on market capitalization from the CBN excel database while all other variables are available at the world development indicators database also in excel format. I will send you the World Development Indicators database (2016) for Nigeria alone and this is due to the fact that the whole WDI database is over 70mb and that quite difficult to send with my slow connection but i trust you can make do with the Nigerian section of it which i have culled out for you. Nevertheless if you are interested in downloading the entire database then follow the link below:

http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/world-development-indicators

You will find the link to download the WDI database in excel on the right of the page as seen below:

I hope you find this useful even after your current research!
Thanks Boss really appreciate. More importantly would I get assess to data from 1970-2015 on the earlier variables I stated earlier. Your reply appreciated.
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by efficiencie(m): 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
Rays123:
Thanks Boss really appreciate. More importantly would I get assess to data from 1970-2015 on the earlier variables I stated earlier. Your reply appreciated.

The 2016 edition of the WDI contains data from 1960 to 2015, you can check it out yourself!
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by efficiencie(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Has anyone noticed that since the rebasing of the real GDP and its components, the structure of the real GDP and its components changed drastically from an economy driven by oil to an economy driven by industry? Is this another foul play by the NBS or is it a hidden pattern revealed by the rebasing?

Research questions for economic thinkers!!!

Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
efficiencie:

The 2016 edition of the WDI contains data from 1960 to 2015, you can check it out yourself!
Thanks Boss
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by dayvide: 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
efficiencie:
If you want to develop your Econometrics, first you need a good foundation and Damodar Gujarati 'Basic Econometrics' will give you that foundation but the problem with most people from my observation is that they are not patient to read that book thoroughly. Just give yourself 3 months and be dedicated to the plan, read two chapters in a week and do not just read get a PC with Eviews and practice...By so doing you gain mastery from repeated analysis!

Secondly, engage in a lot of research. Continuous research has the effect of keeping what you have learned fresh in your memory while you also expand your expertise and coverage of different branches of Economics...and if you have difficulties, you can make consultations and that is one of the reasons for this forum!

So if you are interested, i could send you Damodar Gujarati 'Basic Econometrics' (ebook) and I could also send you the data set in the book in a .txt file format to your email address. As for those that need eviews 7, i could send it to you via datafilehost. So if you are interested speak up!
Sir, please kindly help with the said ebooks and software...ezekielulebor@gmail.com...Thanks!
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Etimocracy(m): 7:02pm On May 31, 2017
please Sir, send the e books and software to etimocracy@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Etimocracy(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2017
thanks as you do this. i just wish i got to know about a thread such as this earlier on
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by fizzy4luv(m): 10:27pm On May 31, 2017
Also interested bro;
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by efficiencie(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2017
I will send them as requested...
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Etimocracy(m): 3:08am On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks Bro!
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by ChiomaMee: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2017
efficiencie:
I will send them as requested...

I'm here too donatusbusayo@gmail.com

Patiently waiting sir
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by efficiencie(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
@etimocracy, @chiomamee and @fizzy4luv I have sent some links to ebooks and the dataset in Damodar Gujarati. I hope you all find these resources useful. Many thanks.
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by fizzy4luv(m): 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Thanks. really appreciate.
efficiencie:
@etimocracy, @chiomamee and @fizzy4luv I have sent some links to ebooks and the dataset in Damodar Gujarati. I hope you all find these resources useful. Many thanks.
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by horlawharley(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=efficiencie post=48888163]

I just sent you Damodar Gujarati and Chris Brooks...You should find these books valuable for a start in econometrics...[/quote
please sir...send it to...olawaleolumide1998 @gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by darmilolah21: 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
i am also interested..email address is bktr24@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by Adam09: 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Great job guys, I am excited about this group. Keep it up guys.
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by efficiencie(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
darmilolah21:
i am also interested..email address is bktr24@gmail.com
thanks

My apologies I shared the links to those books here but my post was deleted. Nevertheless that can be remedied. Open the google search page in your browser and type in gujarati, basic econometrics, pdf and hit the search button. To get Chris Brooks type in chris brooks, financial econometrics, pdf and hit the search button. This should bring up the sources of these books as well as their links which will enable you download them for free!

I hope this helps.
Re: Nairaland Economics Academy by MoonWater: 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
DEGREE2466:

what is Pareto efficiency?
A Pareto improvement is a change to a different allocation that makes at least one individual or preference criterion better off without making any other individual or preference criterion worse off, given a certain initial allocation of goods among a set of individuals.

It could also be further explained as the minimal notion of efficiency that does not necessarily result in a socially desirable distribution of resources: it makes no statement about equality, or the overall well-being of a society.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa / Uniport 2016/2017 3rd Batch Admission 07069730081 / Buk 2017/2018 Pg Application Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.