Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? (9955 Views)

I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? / Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). / Effect of Eggs on Our Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ehimatie(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
Wao I wish I can share some part of the heat
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
Swimming pools needed
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Ezyp(m): 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Lagos
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by smudge2079(m): 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dis afternoon afta d little rain @Ikeja. D air was so hot, it was so difficult breathing. I tot i was suffocating
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by GoldCircle: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
With all the things happening these days, perhaps the devil may just be making plans to relocate to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
well. it is only when we feel the results of blissful ignorance that we start to ask questions.. unfortunately global warming is a self-fulfilling prophecy we have been polluting the earth for so long hoping God will clear shit for us. Nigeria has been flaring gas for over 40 Yeats non stop. take a look at the air at night and see what u breathe in everyday.

lekki dwellers do not realize that in about 30 years from now.. they will be under the sea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by slumbee(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
My goodness! The electricity situation is not helping matters. angry embarassed
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ItsAaliyah: 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
Of course it's the effect of Global Warming......the Western world have been preaching it for years.

Our ozone layer is thinning out. After this scorching heat, the rains will come and they'll be like mini-Katrinas embarassed
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by dmjinc(m): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
The weather is foggy here in France tongue
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by olympus121: 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
It's simply the effect of global warming. Man burns fuel which releases Carbondioxide, carbonmonoxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and they trapped in d atmosphere preventing the excessive heat from leaving the earth. The heat is what we feel and it most times melts the polar ice leading to flooding at costal areas. The trees are adapted to remove carbondioxide from the atmosphere which they use for photosynthesis and release oxygen at night to the earth. Man's rapid urbanization and cutting down of trees are to blame. So plant a tree today...there are no witches there; I'm sure that is why most of us cut them down. They do us a lot of good and I can't remember a disadvantage of trees around. From Okaku Ben

5 Likes

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
GoldCircle:
With all the things happening these days, perhaps the devil may just be making plans to relocate to Nigeria.

he has been living here since the British left

1 Like

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ababanwoke(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
As a geologist there are no such things as global warming,why would it not be hot since lagos is over-populated,poor building design and proximity to the ocean
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Ajibel(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
For the past few days, I try to sleep during the day by 12pm-3pm to avoid anyone asking me to go out. The heat is hell!!!
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by blakky97(m): 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
ATOB:
In Lagos, most especially recently, I personally have been experiencing some form of intense heat.
You open all the widows yet the heat will be unbearable.
I dont know if you have noticed this too in Lagos or any other neighbouring states.

The sun too has been so surge. I got a shades at Shoprite, very expensive with something they tagged all those scientific jargons that it will protect sun rays but na lie. The sun has been killing.

My pastor confirmed the heat in church this morning too and I am starting to wonder how people have been coping. What have been your tactics, improvisation and way around.

Not all of us have cars, can run gen all day or have ACs so please help the average Nigerian reading this.

Doctors and health advisors abeg o.
for real.
more on the island than mainland
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by 100Cents: 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
ATOB:
In Lagos, most especially recently, I personally have been experiencing some form of intense heat.
I dont know if you have noticed this too in Lagos or any other neighbouring states.

The sun too has been so surge. I got a shades at Shoprite, very expensive with something they tagged all those scientific jargons that it will protect sun rays but na lie. The sun has been killing.

My pastor confirmed the heat in church this morning too and I am starting to wonder how people have been coping. What have been your tactics, improvisation and way around.

Not all of us have cars, can run gen all day or have ACs so please help the average Nigerian reading this.

I have a small bath tub. I fill it with water and swim as I can..

I take my bath 3 times a day.

I sneak out of office at the hottest hours of the day 1pm-3pm to go and bath and sleep small..

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by 100Cents: 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
marieolae:
The effects of global warming.

I agree with you.

The world is cum.m.ing to an end..
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Drsheddy(m): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
Port Harcourt own na die

1 Like

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by idonbilivit(m): 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
What do you expect?From Lagos to Hell fire na 20 naira bus, and if you are lucky you can get a free lift. grin
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hmmm here I was tinkin I'm the only stranger in dis city coz everyone seems to be walkin abt in d aftanun n dnt seem to giv a Bleep abt d hot sun in abj!
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by nwaobitex: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2014
in kano we aint feeling no heat . we feeling dust
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2014
I think the temperature in Lagos is still when compared to the hell-fire in Ondo state. This state is really repping its name "sunshine state". I've gotten stress-pimples on my face now and my light-skinned co-worker is tanned now.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by spawnx: 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2014
It's quite funny how quick we are to forget that its the same year in, year out. I remember wen I was in skool; ogbomoso 2003, residents slept outside. It all only get humid early next year
so make a pool ur companion
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by EndtimeBlessing: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
I believe it is as a result of high temperature and population density and unplanned settlement.
As we speak now, in most parts of Russian and Canadian, they must be wishing their temperature can even increase to 0 degrees.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by martineverest(m): 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dis remind me of heat waves in benin city in january 2012........funny enoff,with dis burning sun,ppl still apply bleaching creams on deir body
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Hallmark08(m): 11:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
o boy you need to visit minna town u will know that the one u are calling heat in Lagos is just enjoyment for here. u better thank God you still in the south.

1 Like

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by madjune(m): 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=marieolae post=28482607] Honestly, its getting to me.

To the extent that I find it difficult to leave my house within the hours of 12-3pm

I try to avoid walking directly under the sun,, if I must walk on the road it should be during the evening.

There's nothing that we can actually do about it,, managing is our only option. [/quo

Like seriously, I'm saddened when I see replies like this-"There's nothing we can do, we should manage..."
This is why the white man is different from us.
They dare and they try to solve.
We mustnt cope or adapt to the excruciating heat.
Our landdscapes can be made cooler through human actions. Simple.
When Fashola started planting trees on some major ways, lagosians began to yab him (he's distracting us with trees)

TREE PLANTING iS THE WAY- check very well, the residential and living areas of Lagos lack tree covers. You can only see trees in the remotes of Mowe or Ajah or Epe.
The heart of Lagos is bare. This exposes us to the direct rays of the sun whose impact on the earth is higher (due to much depleted ozone moecules, which otherwise would have absorbed the hot CO2 molecules which cause the heat)
With the tree covers, the leaves absorb the CO2, thereby reducing the heat and giving shade and, releasing the cooling oxygen to cool our environs.
Who has been to JOS here? You will get a picture.
I really wonder what the Lagos ministry of environment is doing besides overseeing LAWMA and refuse collection.
They ought to have embarked on tree planting years ago.

The sun is killing.

Excuse me, let me put on my 1952 classic cameron gold designed polaroid sunglasses because...its getting hot out here.

I'm out.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by madjune(m): 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
marieolae:
Honestly, its getting to me.

To the extent that I find it difficult to leave my house within the hours of 12-3pm

I try to avoid walking directly under the sun,, if I must walk on the road it should be during the evening.

There's nothing that we can actually do about it,, managing is our only option.

Like seriously, I'm saddened when I see replies like this-"There's nothing we can do, we should manage..."
This is why the white man is different from us.
They dare and they try to solve.
We mustnt cope or adapt to the excruciating heat.
Our landdscapes can be made cooler through human actions. Simple.
When Fashola started planting trees on some major ways, lagosians began to yab him (he's distracting us with trees)

TREE PLANTING iS THE WAY- check very well, the residential and living areas of Lagos lack tree covers. You can only see trees in the remotes of Mowe or Ajah or Epe.
The heart of Lagos is bare. This exposes us to the direct rays of the sun whose impact on the earth is higher (due to much depleted ozone moecules, which otherwise would have absorbed the hot CO2 molecules which cause the heat)
With the tree covers, the leaves absorb the CO2, thereby reducing the heat and giving shade and, releasing the cooling oxygen to cool our environs.
Who has been to JOS here? You will get a picture.
I really wonder what the Lagos ministry of environment is doing besides overseeing LAWMA and refuse collection.
They ought to have embarked on tree planting years ago.

The sun is killing.

Excuse me, let me put on my 1952 classic cameron gold designed polaroid sunglasses because...its getting hot out here.

I'm out.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by okotv(m): 12:00am On Dec 12, 2014
funny enough...our youth forum in church for last month centered on climate change and here is the effect....

I leave schools everyday by three and the distance to the bus stop lasts about 45 mins...I just endure everyday
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by 3kay945(m): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2014
chinziaski:
I think the temperature in Lagos is still when compared to the hell-fire in Ondo state. This state is really repping its name "sunshine state". I've gotten stress-pimples on my face now and my light-skinned co-worker is tanned now.

You're right, I was there last week. I nearly turn black before I run back to Lagos. Lagos is a learner beside Ondo sun.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Oblion(m): 12:36am On Dec 12, 2014
And some one is feeling cold here... #Morning,noon and night
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Ayatullah(m): 12:40am On Dec 12, 2014
ATOB:

HIBERNATE!
All you need do is look for a giant earthen pot that can contain you, fill it with water and place it at the corner of your room, then when that unbearable heat sets in, just migrate inside the pot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Consuming Non Iodine Salt, NAFDAC Urges Nigerians / Please Help Safe My Sister / Presidency Orders Recalls Of 10 Suspended Staff Of Psychiatric Hospital In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.