Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque (13523 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / Are The Kano Mosque Bombers Christians? / Pope Francis Condemns Priests Who Turn Churches Into Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by TheRealMrStan(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pope Francis has condemned the deadly attacks that occurred at the emir of Kano’s Central mosque in Kano, northern Nigeria, describing it as an “extremely serious sin against God”.

Pope Frances made the comments on Sunday, the final day of his trip to Turkey.

At least 150 people were killed and 135 wounded when two suicide bombers blew themselves up and gunmen opened fire during weekly prayers on Friday at the Grand Mosque in Kano.

In a meeting with Turkish political and religious officials, at the start of his second trip to the Middle East this year, the Pope further urged Muslim leaders to condemn the “barbaric violence” being committed in Islam’s name against religious minorities in Iraq and Syria.

Pope Francis visit is aimed at improving inter-faith ties.

God Of Life And Peace

He reaffirmed that military force was justified to halt the Islamic State group’s advance, and called for greater dialogue between Christians, Muslims and people of all faiths to end fundamentalism.

“As religious leaders, we are obliged to denounce all violations against human dignity and human rights,” Francis told Mehmet Gormez, Turkey’s top cleric and other religious officials gathered at the government-run Religious Affairs Directorate.

“As such, any violence which seeks religious justification warrants the strongest condemnation because the omnipotent is the God of life and peace.”

Francis condemned the “barbaric violence” by IS against Christians, Yazidis and other religious minorities and the destruction of their places of worship.

The Vatican has voiced particular concern about the expulsion of Christians from communities that have had a Christian presence for 2,000 years and has demanded that they be allowed to return home in safety once the conflict settles.

Francis’s three-day visit comes at a sensitive moment for Turkey, as it struggles to cope with 1.6 million refugees fleeing the IS advance in Syria and weighs how to respond to US calls to get more engaged with the international coalition fighting the extremists.

“Those who veer away from the message of Islam – which is a call for peace – and spread violence and savagery are in a state of rebellion against Allah no matter what they call themselves,” Mr Gormez told the Pope, stressing Turkey’s opposition to the fundamentalists.

The Pope’s comment is coming two days after the attack in Kano, which was also condemned by President Goodluck Jonathan.

President Jonathan has ordered full-scale investigation into the attack, emphasising his administration’s commitment to ending the incessant attacks which the Red Cross says had left displaced over 400,000 persons.

Although no group has claimed responsibility for the attack, the Boko Haram sect is the prime suspect, as the group had carried out similar attacks in the past.
[img]http://www.channelstv.com/2014/11/30/pope-francis-says-kano-mosque-attack-is-sin-against-god/[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by SuperModerator: 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pope, is it your concern

people can keep killing themselves in the name of religion but my concern na say make their blood no stain me

modified,

this my brain amazes me sha, look at the stupid comment it made me type shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by funkybully(f): 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pope please tell d neck cutting towel heads, if they will hear.

Bunch of savages

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by OCTAVO: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ok na.
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by EternalBeing: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Bombing pple is evil, not to mention unprovocated bombing; the crescedo of human inhumanity to humas.
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by tehmijhozz(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
hmm..
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by sexylogan(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice one Pope

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by danaiks(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
But this boko guys won't still stop angry
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by shadelek(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by born2boink(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Condemnation is not want we want, they have been condemning since 2002, we need solution, foreign soldiers with better bomb, no bomb wey our own soldiers go throw anymore, because this boko haram bomb na imported.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
I condemn it too

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by igoro10: 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
God will help us!
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by tdayof(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
If I type now they will say am booking space

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by mckoolcharming(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
May God help us!!!
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by AltarBoy1: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
If Muslims world wide decide to face these guys (BH/ISIS) like they do when pple blasphem against their prophet/quran, i guess, all these terrorist would have been an old story...

35 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by datguru: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
Permit me to say this man is gej like. Condemning since 1000 BC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by monemsis(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by lastmessenger: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmm. Everybody just de cry because say na Muslim. This country we too de partial. If na church you no go hear one thing.
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by pembisco(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
lets join hands and fight the common enemy called bokoharam please

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by holatin(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
ok.
ride on sir.
Religion fanatic are you now happy boko haram bombed a mosque ?
Boko haram are not Muslim.
I am a Muslim.
am not a Terrorist.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by gneisss: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
he dat kills with a bomb shall also die by the bomb..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice one from the Vatican

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by pembisco(m): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
danaiks:

is that the size of your brain?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by ImperfectMe(m): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
the irony of all these terrorism is instead of dividing the people across religious lines...it unites them into one strong volatile force
terrorism teaches men that the only race is the human race because it affects all and sundry

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by McLuhan(m): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
May God continue to bless the Holy Father and grant him the serenity of mind to tend the flock that God has entrusted to his care. In a world of bigotry where religious and political leaders gloat over the misfortunes that befall their opponents and people of other religious persuasions, it is refreshing to find a leader who is animated by our shared humanity. Although I am not a Catholic, I am am ardent admirer of Pope Francis and I hope other leaders will learn a lesson from his humility and his efforts at establishing and sustaining inter-faith dialogue. True religion does not consist in calling for the killing of "infidels", the chopping off of thieves' hands, and the public flogging or stoning of supposed sinners. True religion is love, mercy, forgiveness and mutual coexistence.

14 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
Pope, is it your concern
itz ur concern right?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by ammyluv2002(f): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
I love the Pope

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by Moiking(m): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
i rep Nairaland (Space Bookers Association of Nairaland)
cheesy
Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by ignis: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice one.... Pope condemning bomb blast on a mosque. These is what the leaders of other religions won't do. How many times have they condemned bomb blast on a church?

Am proud to be a Christian.

15 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by ITbomb(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
But the Sultan will never condemn any attack on Churches

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by Moiking(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
ignis:
bad
what's bad?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Condemns Bombing Of Kano Mosque by farano(f): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
SuperModerator:
Pope, is it your concern
smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

THREE THINGS GOD CAN NOT DO / Shakesphear's Name In The King James Bible Spelled Backwards / Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.