Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly (45596 Views)

Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police / Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / Minister Directs That No New Corps Member Should Be Posted To Borno And Yobe Sta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
A F e d e r a l High Court sitting in Abuja yes­terday gave legal backings moves by the Speaker of the House of Repre­sentatives, Aminu Tambuwal to send the Inspector Gen­eral of Police, Sulei­man Abba to prison for disobeying court order.

Justice Ahmed Mo­hammed specifically directed the Speaker to put the IGP on notice to come and show cause why he should not be committed to prison.

Meanwhile, the court has fixed December 1 to decide the fate of five persons seeking to join in the suit as co-defendants after which hearing in the main suit will commence on December 3.

In the substantive suit against the IG, Tambuwal through his counsel, Lateef gay­bemi SAN who led eight other SANS and 69 lawyers had brought a motion ex parte ask­ing the court directing the Inspector General of Police to appear in person to show why he should not be com­mitted to prison for disobeying the order of court which earlier directed that status quo be maintained.

source : http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=93177

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by amAZEing: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
gud

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
From IGP to Prisoner

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
at times one can move from grace to grass sad

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by thoexynne: 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
There, there shouldn't be any problem if this ABA respect the law as he so conviniently profess when he was harrasing elected officials.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Let's see how it goes!

I dare say who has the balls to commit a sitting IG to prison?

Who will effect his arrest?

Talk is cheap. There is a woman called Arunma Otteh, resolution upon resolution were passed on her but records still state that she is the DG SEC.

Modified for the sake of kids.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is a serious problem for IG ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Oklander: 7:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
This your 'source' nawa o…
Modify; Source changed.
Good news, put the bleeping ig on a hotter seat, let him learn some sense!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Let's see how it goes!

I dare say who has the balls to commit the IG to prison?

Talk is cheap.

Do you know the power of a High Court Judge ?

This guy is a learner o. If his explanation is not sound enough, he will be arrested right inside the court room straight onto a black maria.

Watch n learn

117 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by thoexynne: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
I say lock the fool up, I guess he's unaware of the part of the constitution which emphasizes status quo -----innocent until proven guilty even applies to shekau until proven guilty in court----- let alone of complicated section of the constitution with no precedence which is to be so until court ruling. But aba in his infinite daftness is so quick to act as if he is the law

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

Seun come and see how you have converted the name of the lawyer from F.a.GB.e.m.I to Gay.gbemi

So now..anywhere we see F.A.G it must mean GAY abi?

There is God o
there is truly God

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Truth24(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
grin

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

Do you know the power of a High Court Judge ?

This guy is a learner o. If his explanation is not sound enough, he will be arrested right inside the court room straight onto a black maria.

Watch n learn

Who executes the court's judgement? If the judiciary wants to give a shot at anarchy let them feel free.

A word of advice to the judge and you " there is a word called discretion"

17 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
thoexynne:
There, there shouldn't be any problem if this ABA respect the law as he so conviniently profess when he was harrasing elected officials.

yes respect is reciprocal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Who executes the court's judgement? If the judiciary wants to give a shot at anarchy let them feel free.

A word of advice to the judge and you " there is a word called discretion"
Discretion to allow a man who is meant to enforce the law to disobey the law? Funny you.

When a court gives an order of arrest, it doesn't follow any hierarchy of the police force...the court directs! And he will be arrested immediately by an order Mandamus's... Chai!!! The nearest DPO will be served and he ia duty bound to arrest the IGP..it is this DPO that will use discretion to either respectfully or disrespectfully arrest the guy..but either way, the guy will be put in a black maria.

Watch and learn.I hope you saw how Tafa Balogun was dragged on the floor.

Mandamus is a judicial remedy in the form of an order from a superior court, to any government subordinate court, corporation, or public authority—to do some specific act which that body is obliged under law to do—and which is in the nature of public duty, and in certain cases one of a statutory duty.
Mandamus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandamus

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:
Let's see how it goes!

I dare say who has the balls to commit the IG to prison?

Talk is cheap.
huh! nigeria can be corrupt but dey dont take law for granted

being IG does not stop him from eating beans wit his fellow nigerians he as sent there.

32 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
It's not Tambuwal's job to address the issue and jail the IG or even alert the court.

Our useless judiciary sha.. The judge issued the other so why is the judge not issuing bench warrant for contempt against the IG?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
aresa:
It's not Tambuwal's job to address the issue and jail the IG or even alert the court Our useless judiciary sha.. The judge issued the other so why is the judge not using the bench warrant for contempt against the IG?

are u asing me? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by aresa: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
We have a yeye and broken democracy with worthless 3 arms of government that doesn't respect each others powers and separation of powers as dictated by the constitution...

....while the dumb and clueless president sits and presides over the madness...smh..

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

Discretion to allow a man who is meant to enforce the law to disobey the law? Funny you.

When a court gives an order of arrest, it doesn't follow any hierarchy of the police force...the court directs! And he will be arrested immediately by an order Mandamus's... Chai!!! The nearest DPO will be served and he ia duty bound to arrest the IGP..it is this DPO that will use discretion to either respectfully or disrespectfully arrest the guy..but either way, the guy will be put in a black maria.

Mr know all, Tafa Balogun was embarrassed because OBJ the sitting President wanted it so. Tomorrow is not far.

14 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by dasrackhor(m): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
BiHung:

u nailed ΐτ̅ bro..Nice 1...

9 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by thoexynne: 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
aresa:
It's not Tambuwal's job to address the issue and jail the IG or even alert the court Our useless judiciary sha.. The judge issued the other so why is the judge not using the bench warrant for contempt against the IG?

We live in an insane society my brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
aresa:

May God bless you there. Senseless post.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Mr know all, Tafa Balogun was embarrassed because OBJ the sitting President wanted it so. Tomorrow is not far.

OBJ wanted it so but didn't have the power to do so.

Only the court can. So OBJ used the court to achieve that.

Now ... The only thing GEJ can do is to make sure the court doesn't give the order. Once the. Court does, there is nothing GEJ can do.

Any attempt by GEJ to harass the judiciary's power will be considered as anarchy..and it seems that's what you are envisaging.

My dear, Burkina Faso plus Libya plus Egypt would be like cartoon

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by donmalcolm21(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
This story is misleading.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
The action of the IG in interpreting the Constitution in itself should make any lawyer angry.
IG, na only waka come?

24 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by thoexynne: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
The action of the IG in interpreting the Constitution in itself should make any lawyer angry.
IG, na only waka come?

It should make us all angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
agarawu23:
huh! nigeria can be corrupt but dey dont take law for granted

being IG does not stop him from eating beans wit his fellow nigerians he as sent there.

Your post is seriously lacking in substance. How come you are the only one reporting this shit of a story?

Who paid you to spread this falsehood? Make sure you collect your balance from alhaji Tambuwal this night.

I rest my case, those who have eyes should read.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Good move

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
donmalcolm21:
This story is misleading.

I tire o

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Suit: Court Directs That The IG Of Police Be Put On Notice Properly by agarawu23(m): 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Your post is seriously lacking in substance. How come you are the only one reporting this shit of a story?

Who paid you to spread this falsehood? Make sure you collect your balance from alhaji Tambuwal this night.

I rest my case, those who have eyes should read.
do i look like some kind of hungry dudes? undecided i came across it and decided to share.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier Onubah Years After Killing His Brother In Borno(photos / NOSDRA: Why Dead Fishes Were Found On Niger Delta Coastline / We Will Teach Those Underrating Rivers State A Lesson With Our Votes - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.