Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? (10869 Views)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Do You Know Your HIV Status? / How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by saaedlee: 1:43am On Dec 01, 2014
gbodimowo:
Who cares let me chop this pussy

I once read a joke by Kevin Hart; bout a guy who sucks his lady's **** den right after that wears a condom to have intercourse with her so as not to contract the virus!
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by BizBloke(m): 1:43am On Dec 01, 2014
Very necessary.

The psychological pain or trauma that comes with thinking you're/you're not isn't worth it in any way. It's best to get tested and know what's what and then, what next - either anti-retroviral drugs or prevention/safe sex/abstinence.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Purity1(f): 1:45am On Dec 01, 2014
Happy new month to all nairalanders, we've seen the end of november and got to say farewell to december too. I know say i no get Hiv
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by BlackSEER(m): 1:56am On Dec 01, 2014
there is nothing like aids here in Jupiter.Earth dwellers should take care of their disease
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by abbeyoye2001(m): 2:01am On Dec 01, 2014
Negative
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by saaedlee: 2:36am On Dec 01, 2014
BlackSEER:
there is nothing like aids here in Jupiter.Earth dwellers should take care of their disease
NOTED
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by rezzy: 2:36am On Dec 01, 2014
A week before my wedding, the make up artist that came to test the make up on my face cut herself with d blade and my eye brow. I was scared to death. Infact, i wasnt happy but i couldnt go for a test till after 3 months cos i just did one the previous month. So when i became pregnant, the hospital ran some test, which i never knew HIV was part of. When i went for the next ante-natal visit, the dr read out the result, when i had ur HIV status is (my limbs became weak) Negative (in my heart of heart) i said thank you Jesus.

That disease is so scary.
Know your HIV status today

3 Likes

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by msmon(m): 2:59am On Dec 01, 2014
@lalasticlala, what do u expect me to tell u. Will comment in d morning.

NIGERIAN ARMY VOWS:
We’ll Continue To Defend Nigeria’s Territory With Our Blood — Nigerian Army
www.nairaland.com/2023763/well-continue-defend-nigerias-territory
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Funjosh(m): 3:25am On Dec 01, 2014
Am even tired of checking mine self lipsrsealed
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by pyyxxaro: 3:28am On Dec 01, 2014
swegg:
Here in sambisa we don't know what aids is

Since you don't know what AIDS is , then am sure you av AID grin
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 01, 2014
Funjosh:
Am even tired of checking mine self lipsrsealed

hmmmm ,

I've never checked mine, prolly because I haven't found a need to , but I'll do that soonest.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Doczon: 4:11am On Dec 01, 2014
Negative forever

1 Like

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by nwaobitex: 5:12am On Dec 01, 2014
ok
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 01, 2014
Ask batch B corpers 2014 in UMUMYA's camp anambra state, 207 corps member were tested HIV positive, anambra state is not safe @ all, gayism, lesbianism and all manners of conventioner Prostitution is on the rise, not to talk of my state (BENUE) were more than 700000 ( NACA and FMH statistic 2013 ) People are infected with the scorge not to talk of lagos, the economic capital and the most populated cosmopolitan state in nigeria where more than one million persons have contracted the dreaded virus(lagos state ministry of health). If you ask me, state of emmergency should be decleared in our health sector and let this madness stop, any youth that thinks life should be lived on a fast lane..think again. Aids is real as some one rigthly said. As for me, am hiv negative, I did my test 25th nov. 2014!

1 Like

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 01, 2014
[size=18pt]HIV is a hoax.

The treatment is what is killing people.

Another deadly "deadly disease" the white man discovered in Africa for African

Another "deadly disease" the white man provided treatment for and making billions annually from. He is even selling us condoms so he gets paid everytime we have sex.

Condom use should also help control population of Africa.

Did you know the HIV test is just a test on antibodies in your blood and if you have 3 or more you are given a positive for HIV in Africa.
If your white you would need to have something like 30 antibodies before you could be declared HIV positive.

It is also the only test that you cannot be given a diagnosis unless they have interviewed you about your lifestyle (presumably so that those who selected to be positive would not question the validity of the test). They often disguise this interview as counselling to prepare you for the outcome.[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Funjosh(m): 5:59am On Dec 01, 2014
Hahahaha please do anyway. The last time I check was during my NYSC Camping in Benue last year.

Elantracey:

hmmmm ,

I've never checked mine, prolly because I haven't found a need to , but I'll do that soonest.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 01, 2014
[b]HIV /AIDS is the only illness where people who are diagnosed could be perfectly healthy and are put on medication which eventually knocks out their immune system and kills them. After years of torment and spending money that goes into the pocket of the white man.

After years of denying themselves chance to have a relationship and reproduce.

Another way they control Africa's population is that the HIV stigma prevents those Africans selected to be labelled HIV positive, from having children for fear of spreading the "HIV disease"

It is a disease where hospitals are given incentives to find HIV positive patients for treatment.

Your doctors are probably as much in the dark as the rest of the population, they mainly follow guidelines handed to them by govt who follow guidelines given to them by the World Health Organisation, whose founder is also the founder of the Rockefeller Foundation (A Think Tank that advocates depopulation of Africa)

follow me please.
[/b]
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]HIV is a hoax.

Another "deadly disease" the white man provided treatment for and making billions annually from. He is even selling us condoms so he gets paid everytime we have sex.

Did you know the HIV test is just a test on antibodies in your blood and if you have 3 or more you are given a positive for HIV in Africa.
If your white you would need to have something like 30 antibodies before you could be declared HIV positive.

It is also the only test that you cannot be given a diagnosis unless they have interviewed you about your lifestyle (presumably so that those who selected to be positive would not question the validity of the test). They often disguise this interview as counselling to prepare you for the outcome.[/size]
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Amadaz(m): 6:03am On Dec 01, 2014
I aint posiTive about this Aids of a thing, so as a matter of fact I'm negative.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by DesChyko: 6:04am On Dec 01, 2014
danaiks:
HIV negative!!
No nairalander shall be HIV positive in Jesus name!!

On the other hand.....happy new month everybody!!

@bolded.. Oga, be realistic. Some have it and some will still contract it. We just hope the percentage drops.
I & my partner did ours months ago. And I'm too proud and conscious of my status to mess it up.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Amadaz(m): 6:04am On Dec 01, 2014
blemon44:
Happy Aids Day my dear nairalanders
Lol... Wish u same
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by nickz(m): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2014
i check every six months....checking it sends your heart to your mouth every damm time?
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by DesChyko: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
[b]HIV is a hoax.
Until you awaken from this fantasy, you are living a hoax. Right now, two of my neighbours, a couple, are down with this illness. They didn't know it till
1. Their newborn son died.
2. They began to look sickly. After being diagnosed, they began treatment.
It's been three years now.

Have you any idea how a virus stays alive? Do you know a virus cannot be treated with antibiotics because it isn't exactly carrying out life processes? The only way to control it is by stopping its replication, which is why HAARTs are used!

Of course, they are more technologically advanced, so what they actually did was to identify and name it, same way they uncovered malaria, typhoid, smallpox, Ebola, and the rest.

So, in other words, you'ld rather not have a cure or an alternative for steering clear off HIV? I'm quite confused over your stance. Imagine what Malaria would have been here in Nigeria where mosquitoes bite us at random. Thanks to insecticides and anti-malarial drugs, it is now a minor issue. And you're against their advancement?

Isn't that a blessing? With the depeting resources all around us, we shouldn't maintain the 30-children benchmark of our ancestors. It's not like we're still farming with our bare hands.

This isn't entirely correct. Every infection has its own response in the body. In HIV, there is a particular protein, p24 which is carried by the virus. This results in production of a particular antibody which is being tested for. For different antigens, there are different antibodies produced.

They are being tested for the particular antibody that the body produces to fight that antigen.

It is also the only test that you cannot be given a diagnosis unless they have interviewed you about your lifestyle..[/b]
I don't know where and how you do your tests, but I was counselled after I got my result.
You're just too convinced there is foul play somewhere. I hope you're protecting yourself all the same?
Ebola and HIV are both viruses. The only issue is Ebola isn't mutating easily (only 7 strains discovered since 1976), but HIV becomes drug resistant approximately every three months, that's why the drugs used for it are changed every at intervals.
Be careful!

1 Like

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by DONOCHAS(m): 6:16am On Dec 01, 2014
Happy aids day, happy new month, thank God i made it dis far. OP i'm negative.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by omusiliyu(m): 6:19am On Dec 01, 2014
HAPPY WORLD AIDS DAY....... The global theme for World AIDS Day from 2011-2015, as selected by the World AIDS Campaign, is “Getting to Zero.” Backed by the United Nations, the “Getting to Zero” campaign focuses on the goals of zero new infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS related deaths... Let join hands to achieve the task...
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by jamesbridget13(f): 6:21am On Dec 01, 2014
to God be d glory; i am negative. to all positive persons out there, its not d end of d road. u can also live a fulfilled life with hiv. so come out of dat shelve , do what every other person does. make a difference! dont forget to visit any health center for regular check up #weloveu
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 01, 2014
Similar hoax as AIDS hoax!

Both discovered 1976 by white man in Africa both incurable both will depopulate Africa whilst earning the white man billions from the meds and vaccines they sell to Africa.

Africa need to wake up!
Youngbullet09:
I kno my Ebola status.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by holatin(m): 6:27am On Dec 01, 2014
yes, POSINEGATIVE
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by adonbilivit: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2014
scared to get tested...did the test a year back but i am scared to do it now.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by TI1919(m): 6:38am On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Youngbullet09 post=28487522]I kno my Ebola statu.
you are funny
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by ireneony(f): 6:39am On Dec 01, 2014
adebrave1:
I will do it during my wedding preparation. Nigga still rocking town. grin grin grin

In other News, H.N.M. Christmas countdown begin
I pity u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Deeper Voice / COVID-19 Update For August 4 2021 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For February 2 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.