Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? (10874 Views)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Do You Know Your HIV Status? / How Often Do You Take Your Hiv Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by DesChyko: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2014
awepluz:
..Do d drugs kill? ..

No. They do not kill because they don't kill anything in the body.
They only 'stop' a process which is the reproduction of the viruses. The drugs shouldn't be missed so that your viral load doesn't increase.
You know if the CD4 count goes under 200, that is critical.
Keep it up, Man, even those with less enlightenment are living normally.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2014
Please let me know this :

Do you need a HIV test before you can marry?

If so who is demanding this?
blesoh:
Am negative,was really scared during my wedding,we told d pst we re negative widout d test cos of fear.lol
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
I just read about HIV/AIDS being a hoax online now. I dunno what to believe, but it looks very believable and should really be addressed. If true, this world is really messed up.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
DesChyko:

No. They do not kill because they don't kill anything in the body.
They only 'stop' a process which is the reproduction of the viruses. The drugs shouldn't be missed so that your viral load doesn't increase.
You know if the CD4 count goes under 200, that is critical.
Keep it up, Man, even those with less enlightenment are living normally.

You're so sure. I learnt how this is the drug operates too, but what if it isn't. What if its just what they want people to believe. I don't know but "what if?"
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by blesoh(f): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
Please let me know this :

Do you need a HIV test before you can marry?

If so who is demanding this?
u need to know ur status even b4 marriage.
Ur second question,d church has a commitee of marriage they will ask or tk u to hospital to ascertain ur status even ur genotype nd blood group.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by nickz(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
awepluz:
reduce it to 3 pls. I envy u bt life goes on
3shocked:shocked i check twice within a space of 365 days.......july and january
only exception is when i get down with a chick without protection(which happens once in a DARK blue moon)grin

3months is too short
i recommend that to ashawos and runs girlssad
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Ekiseme(m): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
It's negative, i haven't gone to check though
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by DesChyko: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Bolushalom:

You're so sure. I learnt how this is the drug operates too, but what if it isn't. What if its just what they want people to believe. I don't know but "what if?"

Of course in everything, there always is the probability of failure; of things not going according to plan.

But the sample size of success determines the viability of these highly active antiretroviral therapies. So far, no one bests it in terms of economy and effectiveness.

I admire your dual analysis. You must be a scientist?
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by jamesbridget13(f): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
awepluz:
its good to have support, thanks. Bt its best to av few ppl knw, only ma doc nd pharm knws.
i understand cos humans can be naive, u shall live as long as God wants u to. hapi new month. n cheers to long life n prosperity

1 Like

Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by crackhouse(m): 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
saaedlee:

Tho I understand your meaning of waka about but you should know that MOT(Mode of Transmission) of the Virus PLENTY
it's either u aret a health worker or u are positive or u have a relative who is positive. It must be one.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thank you madam.

This means that virtually every young Nigerian would be take a HIV test at some point in their twenties so there is a ready supply of victims to be tagged HIV positive.

shocking!
blesoh:

u need to know ur status even b4 marriage.
Ur second question,d church has a committee of marriage they will ask or tk u to hospital to ascertain ur status even ur genotype nd blood group.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
DesChyko:

Of course in everything, there always is the probability of failure; of things not going according to plan.

But the sample size of success determines the viability of these highly active antiretroviral therapies. So far, no one bests it in terms of economy and effectiveness.

I admire your dual analysis. You must be a scientist?

:-) I'm not a scientist.

The success rate of these antiretroviral therapies is the only thing that makes me doubt the "hoax" theory right now. I need to read more about it.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Yello1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
awepluz:
I once said dis. How wrong I was.
eeeyahh! Hope u nw knw d right thing??
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
yBNL1:
Happy new month....I am HIV neutral angry
Hmmm. Say wat?
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
Negative all d way... Baba God thank u fr this new blessed Month. Ur d best!
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by saaedlee: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
crackhouse:
it's either u aret a health worker or u are positive or u have a relative who is positive. It must be one.
Noted
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by blesoh(f): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
Thank you madam.

This means that virtually every young Nigerian would be take a HIV test at some point in their twenties so there is a ready supply of victims to be tagged HIV positive.

shocking!
no one will tagg u such,its very important to know ur status,sm schools do test b4 giving admission,its gud to knw it early so u can tk d necessary precautions.by d way hv u ever tested?
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by drmadu(m): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
lalasticlala:
Today, across the globe, the World Health Organisation (WHO) encourages all to join in the fight against the spread of the dreaded Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). In doing this, it seeks to close the gap between people who have access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services and people who are being left behind.

Many are afraid of going for HIV taste, while those that have the virus are afraid of stigmatisation.

It's advised that one should go for HIV test as earlier detection helps to manage the virus.

Help stop the stigmatisation of People Living With HIV-AIDS.

Help in the fight against the spread of HIV-AIDS.

Go and get tested today if you don't know your status.
Today i delievered a lecture on the theme '' getting to zero; zero new HIV infections '' it is most unfortunate that in this era of advancement in science and HIV studies , children would still be born with HIV ; this is largely due to ignorance on the necessity to comply with the HHART when prescribed to the HIV positive mother .. on the other hand , it can be due to poor accessibility to these HHART
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Egbunaogo: 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
It is important to raise awareness during world AIDS day because there are still an alarming number of patients with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria. In fact the numbers about the number of new and existing cases of patients with HIV in Nigeria are alarming and among the highest in the world.

A lot of this is related to sexual behaviours and unprotected sex. However an under appreciated cause of transmission of HIV and other dangerous infections is tainted blood transfusions infected not only with HIV but with other viruses and bacteria such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and syphillis. We need to be more conscious about blood donor testing. Increasing standards for blood banks and hospitals screening of blood donations and reducing the financial motivation for donation is an important step to reducing transmission of HIV and related infections by blood donation.

To help understand the magnitude of the problem with infected but asymptomatic blood donors, I refer readers to this post - [url]http://kidneysolutions./2014/03/28/viral-infections-in-kidney-disease-and-dialysis-patients-in-nigeria-truths-myths-and-what-to-do/. [/url]

The post talks about the relevance and danger to patients with kidney disease but it is also relevant to many other groups of people and patients.

Enjoy the read. Stay healthy and get tested.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
The HIV test is is designed to falsely make make more Africans than Europeans HIV positive is what tags people.

HIV does not exist, so why do you need to know your HIV status? is that not a pointless exercise?

You see only in Africa that schools test students prior to admission and churches test members prior to marriage. Do yiu know that this does not happen in the white man's land?

I live Europe and I have never tested, although I considered being tested about 20years ago long before I realised the whole thing was a hoax designed to destroy Africa and Africans.

Do you know that most pregnant women would all fail the HIV test if they relied on the blood test alone to make their diagnosis?

Have heard of any pregnant woman who has been tested for HIV and told she is positive? If so what happened in her case?
blesoh:

no one will tagg u such,its very important to know ur status,sm schools do test b4 giving admission,its gud to knw it early so u can tk d necessary precautions.by d way hv u ever tested?
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by blesoh(f): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
GenBuhari:
The HIV test is is designed to falsely make make more Africans than Europeans HIV positive is what tags people.

HIV does not exist, so why do you need to know your HIV status? is that not a pointless exercise?

You see only in Africa that schools test students prior to admission and churches test members prior to marriage. Do yiu know that this does not happen in the white man's land?

I live Europe and I have never tested, although I considered being tested about 20years ago long before I realised the whole thing was a hoax designed to destroy Africa and Africans.

Do you know that most pregnant women would all fail the HIV test if they relied on the blood test alone to make their diagnosis?

Have heard of any pregnant woman who has been tested for HIV and told she is positive? If so what happened in her case?
HIV,is real.wen i was pregnant i saw so many ladies who were carriers nd re tking their drugs.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
How did you get to know of their HIV status?

Did they learn find out their "HIV status" as a result of a test during their pregnancy?

How the do you know the drugs they were taking was HIV drugs?

If it was, did they give birth successfully and are they still healthy today?

What is the thing that convinces you that HIV could not be a hoax?
blesoh:

HIV,is real.wen i was pregnant i saw so many ladies who were carriers nd re tking their drugs.
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Odunharry(m): 9:57am On Dec 03, 2014
Thank God nairaland is back... The site was offline 4m 9:45am to 9:52am this mornin
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Gramondhigh(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
danaiks:
HIV negative!!
No nairalander shall be HIV positive in Jesus name!!

On the other hand.....happy new month everybody!!
I am a nairalander and am HIV positive so it has already happened, lived with it for 10 yrs. It's nt a death sentence ok?
Re: Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Thats not what I asked you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUMl3u_25yU&spfreload=10
awepluz:
but ppl not taking it re dying? If nt fr low CD4 I won't touch d meds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For August 4 2021 In Nigeria / The Amazing Ability To Restore Virginity / COVID-19 Update For February 2 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.