Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Guidelines To Gaining Easy Admission Into The University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guidelines To Gaining Easy Admission Into The University In Nigeria (2490 Views)

The University Of Liverpool Comes To You! Move Ahead Without Moving Away / How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guidelines To Gaining Easy Admission Into The University In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 01, 2014
A school of thought believes ‘it doesn’t matter what you study, just get a good grade and jobs will find you out’. The other believes the only courses worth studying are ‘professional courses’. Now, if you have to know my own view on this, I will gladly go for the first school of thought. To back my reason for choosing the first school of thought, let me ask a question: how many professionals from these professional courses are graduated every year from all the tertiary institutions in Nigerian and still looking for employment? The answer to this question will be so discouraging for those who still believe that the only courses worth studying are ‘professional courses’. We still have graduates from these professional courses being the ones most unemployed due to the competitions they face both inside and outside school (labor market).

Note: This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go for the professional courses, even I; I’m studying a professional course. But all I am trying to say is that, if gaining admission by all means without getting involved in examination malpractice is what you seek, then you should forget about the professional courses due to their high competitiveness. Alternatively, another way to get admitted to a professional course is to apply to a less competitive school that offers that professional course you chose.

Below is a list that shows the top ten (10) most competitive first choice universities in Nigeria:
University - Number of Applicants (Competition)

1. UNILAG - 84,326
2. NAU - 82,384
3. UNIBEN - 80,216
4. UNN - 79,842
5. UNILORIN - 78,265
6. OAU - 65,653
7. ABU - 60,691
8. UNIPORT - 48,850
9. UNIUYO - 45,851
10. EVANS - 43,503
Below Are Top Ten (10) Most Competitive First Choice Polytechnics with Highest Patronage

NEKEDE, YABA, AUCHI, OKO, KADUNA, RIVERS, IBADAN, NASARAWA, AKWAIBOM, KWARA
Below Are Top Ten (10) Most Competitive First Choice Colleges of Education with Highest Patronage

ALVAN-IKOKU, ADEYEMI, ADENIRAN, AKOKA, PH, ZARIA, AKWA-IBOM, ZUBA, EKIADOLO, NSUGBE
2012 Application by Course: Top 14 Courses with Highest Patronage

1. Med. & Surgery - 116,037
2. Accounting - 101,877
3. Economics - 98,967
4. Law - 87,385
5. Business Admin - 82,551
6. Mass Comm. - 69,836
7. Political Sci. - 69,047
8. Computer Sci. - 67,996
9. Microbiology - 47,097
10. Biochemistry - 37,318
11. Nursing - N/A
12. Pharmacy - N/A
13. Mechanical - 32,493
14. Civil Engineering - 32,223
Now, you have seen the various most competitive courses and tertiary institutions in Nigeria, so, let us now see the guidelines to follow in other to get easy admission in Nigeria.

See more on Guidelines to Gaining Easy Admission into the University in Nigeria at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/12/how-to-gain-easy-admission-into-university-in-nigeria.html

You may also find this article helpful - The Easiest Way to Gain Admission into Tertiary Institutions (Universities) in Nigeria (http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/12/how-to-gain-admission-into-universities-tertiary-in-nigeria.html)

Re: Guidelines To Gaining Easy Admission Into The University In Nigeria by Creativity14(m): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2014

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan:msc. Professional Masters Degree In FORENSIC SCIENCE / Is MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Gradually Becoming Obsolete?? / 15 Fun And Clever Riddles For Kids (with Answers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.