Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. (2333 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by LeOstrich: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
The entity you now refer to as country (commonly refereed to as Nigeria) was originally conceived and registered in London as a chartered company known as the Royal Niger Company.

The Royal Niger Company was a mercantile company chartered by the British government in the nineteenth century. It was formed in 1879 as the United African Company and renamed to National African Company in 1881 and to Royal Niger Company in 1886.

The company existed for a comparatively short time (1879–1900) but was instrumental in the formation of Colonial Nigeria, as it enabled the British Empire to establish control over the lower Niger against the German competition led by Bismarck during the 1890s. In 1900, the company-controlled territories became the Southern Nigeria Protectorate, which was in turn united with the Northern Nigeria Protectorate to form the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria in 1914 (which eventually gained independence within the same borders as the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1960). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Niger_Company

In the eyes of the British you were all stock, assets and liabilities in an everyday Colonial company.

The amalgamation was a business venture akin to a merger for the sake of saving overhead running costs and to maximize profits.

PATHETIC is the name for any body wishing for this charade to continue.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
nigeria is still a company to me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by iamtheprincipal: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hmm, Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by YungwizzzyPt7: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
customized13:
nigeria is still a company to me.

CEOed by GEJ and managed by the PDP family!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Mendo007(m): 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
In the eyes of the British you were all stock, assets and liabilities in an everyday Colonial company.[/quote]
& in the eyes of naija boy the British are all magas n mugus

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Onlinebizexpert(m): 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
We knew
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Ojiofor: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
A very big company
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
Whether company or charity, Nigeria is the best ever!
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Descartes: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
You mean that Nigeria is a Public Liability Company? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by LeOstrich: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
barcanista:
Whether company or charity, Nigeria is the best ever!

you are part of the assets meant for auction

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by BRAV0O(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
No wonder Gej and crew now turn it to private company grin which they renew every 4 years shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by zendy: 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
That's how some people will be jumping up and saying "I am a proud Nigerian" not realising that what they are proud of is just a mere "administrative" slave name given to them by the White man.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigeria is not an really "African" nation, it is an extension of the brutish British (slave masters) nation.
Yes, I call them slave masters because that s what there are!

Nothing is original here!
Our political system is not original. That it is working for the slave masters does not mean it will work for us.
If we want to build great African nations with Nigeria as an example, then we must sit down and negotiate. It was the slave masters that negotiated Nigeria. She was negotiated in London and not in African soil by Africans.
Our constitution is neither here nor there. We are just beating about the bush.

Until we negotiate Nigeria properly and have the peoples constitution, we are just wasting our time! Those who are scared of negotiating a split are just myopic.
This drag for supremacy will continue and the circle of blood will never end.

It has flown in the south East, it later went to the south South and now it is happening in the north.
Shall we wait more, perhaps when it reaches south west, then we can wake up?

Perhaps, you will say it will never happen in the south west?
Well, the Igbos never knew that suddenly, Nigerians would be against them. killing them at will.
The South South people never knew that suddenly, soldiers would invade their lands, wiping out communities?
Do you think the north prepared for what is happening today?

Is it not enough?

It is not only in Nigeria. All over Africa we have conflicts and armed struggles. People in the same so called Nations, killing one another for supremacies. My heart is bleeding for Africa! We sell our natural resources, used it to buy arms and then kill ourselves.

On this so many a kid and greedy "leaders" misunderstand us and call us names! Yet, our passion is so deep rooted in seeing darkness role away.

When will Africa get it right?

When shall we stop consumption and start production?
When shall we stop importing and start exporting?
When shall we stop buying arms from our "masters" and rather manufacture and sell arms to them to kill themselves too?
Don't misunderstand me, I am not wishing them evil!
I am rather angry at our stupidity as a people!

Where are the real patriots? Where are the real progressives? Where are the real Africans?
Our best brains are running away from our lands! Running to greener pastures. Yet, America was built by Americans. Britain was built by the British. Chinese are building China!

Am I blaming the slave masters?

No, I commend them for being smart and I rather blame Africans for being so silly.
Why must we import food, when we have good soils? were we not growing our food before now?

We got the brains, we got the resources but lack the will!
Rise up or Africans, rise up!
this is a clarion call.

https://www.nairaland.com/2023176/nigeria-not-really-african-nation

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by atlwireles: 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigeria is still a company.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Donmarrius: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
[In the eyes of the British you were all stock, assets and liabilities in an everyday Colonial company.

The amalgamation was a business venture akin to a merger for the sake of saving overhead running costs and to maximize profits.

PATHETIC is the name for any body wishing for this charade to continue.[/quote]Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagringringrin
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by jmoore(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
You are not the only country that was colonized. Keep looking for faults here and there.

One Nigeria!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
jmoore:
You are not the only country that was colonized. Keep looking for faults here and there.

One Nigeria!!!!!!!!!

Bros, conflicts full Africa!

Besides, it is not just the colonisation, the amalgamation was deadly.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Donmarrius: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
jmoore:

One Nigeria!!!!!!!!!
Is it by force?.last i checked,same Britain that owns this company called Nigeria,allowed part of her(Scotland),to vote to 'stay' or secede.why must you people always behave like stone age beings?.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by malawian2: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
LeOstrich:
The entity you now refer to as country (commonly refereed to as Nigeria) was originally conceived and registered in London as a chartered company known as the Royal Niger Company.

In the eyes of the British you were all stock, assets and liabilities in an everyday Colonial company.

PATHETIC is the name for any body wishing for this charade to continue.
wrong. royal niger company is the british company that was in charge of nigeria. royal niger company was also in charge of india.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by jmoore(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Donmarrius:
Is it by force?.last i checked,same Britain that owns this company called Nigeria,allowed part of her(Scotland),to vote to 'stay' or secede.why must you people always behave like stone age beings?.

Ever heard of Oct 1 1960? Go and read history abeg.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by LeOstrich: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
malawian2:

wrong. royal niger company is the british company that was in charge of nigeria. royal niger company was also in charge of india.

Did you even read what I wrote?
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Donmarrius: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
jmoore:

Ever heard of Oct 1 1960? Go and read history abeg.
You mean the British company has been franchised to operate?.What a quasi independent!.

Everything that proves that Britain owns this 'company',is still conspicious,though via a third party"(Go figure it out)
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by jmoore(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Donmarrius:
You the British company has gotten franchise to operate?.What a quasi independent!.

Everything that proves that Britain owns this 'company',is still conspicious,though via a third party"(Go figure it out)

Continue your advocacy. Maybe in the next 10,000 years you will get your own country.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by dridowu: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
I think i need musiwa on this thread to dissect this thread with his almight satellite
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by kadas01(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Donmarrius: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
jmoore:

Continue your advocacy. Maybe in the next 10,000 years you will get your own country.
10,000years?Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagrin

Lets see what happens next year!.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by gratieao: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
noblezone:
Nigeria is not an really "African" nation, it is an extension of the brutish British (slave masters) nation.
Yes, I call them slave masters because that s what there are!

Nothing is original here!
Our political system is not original. That it is working for the slave masters does not mean it will work for us.
If we want to build great African nations with Nigeria as an example, then we must sit down and negotiate. It was the slave masters that negotiated Nigeria. She was negotiated in London and not in African soil by Africans.
Our constitution is neither here nor there. We are just beating about the bush.

Until we negotiate Nigeria properly and have the peoples constitution, we are just wasting our time! Those who are scared of negotiating a split are just myopic.
This drag for supremacy will continue and the circle of blood will never end.

It has flown in the south East, it later went to the south South and now it is happening in the north.
Shall we wait more, perhaps when it reaches south west, then we can wake up?

Perhaps, you will say it will never happen in the south west?
Well, the Igbos never knew that suddenly, Nigerians would be against them. killing them at will.
The South South people never knew that suddenly, soldiers would invade their lands, wiping out communities?
Do you think the north prepared for what is happening today?

Is it not enough?

It is not only in Nigeria. All over Africa we have conflicts and armed struggles. People in the same so called Nations, killing one another for supremacies. My heart is bleeding for Africa! We sell our natural resources, used it to buy arms and then kill ourselves.

On this so many a kid and greedy "leaders" misunderstand us and call us names! Yet, our passion is so deep rooted in seeing darkness role away.

When will Africa get it right?

When shall we stop consumption and start production?
When shall we stop importing and start exporting?
When shall we stop buying arms from our "masters" and rather manufacture and sell arms to them to kill themselves too?
Don't misunderstand me, I am not wishing them evil!
I am rather angry at our stupidity as a people!

Where are the real patriots? Where are the real progressives? Where are the real Africans?
Our best brains are running away from our lands! Running to greener pastures. Yet, America was built by Americans. Britain was built by the British. Chinese are building China!

Am I blaming the slave masters?

No, I commend them for being smart and I rather blame Africans for being so silly.
Why must we import food, when we have good soils? were we not growing our food before now?

We got the brains, we got the resources but lack the will!
Rise up or Africans, rise up!
this is a clarion call.

https://www.nairaland.com/2023176/nigeria-not-really-african-nation
We sell our natural resources, used it to buy arms and then kill ourselves.
This is heartwarming!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
When will the stock be out for sale,would love to be shareholder.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Dem no teach us dat1 for skwl oo
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by juman(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
That one nigeria should be divided, it doesn't make sense, bad leaders.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by sirugos(m): 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
@op. You mean dangote will soon be a country?
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by malawian2: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
LeOstrich:

Did you even read what I wrote?

yes. did you read what you wrote?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Touching Pictures Of Children Been Killed By Terrorists. / Angry Jonathan Blasts Minister Of Petroleum, Sent Her Out Of Aso Rock / Prophet Who Predicted President Jonathan’s Defeat Says Buhari Will Die In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.