Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:48 AM

New Job Scam Tactics In Warri - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Job Scam Tactics In Warri (21646 Views)

8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam / List Of JOB SCAM TEXT And Phone Numbers Of Job Scamers / Job Scam:the Vio-dvla Medical Test Payment Is A Hoax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by okirewaju(f): 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
You dont say! shocked

Thanks OP for the heads up

Imagine losing that amount of money this December.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by thonyokun(m): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
You for allow them scam you first before making noise. Dem no know say you broke pass them
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by ROCKJ1(m): 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Imagine how many people that would have fallen for that?
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Wisegeek01(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Op

dem wan use Jedi Mind trick 4 u,
but God pass dem grin
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Xslaze3xd(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
make Una Shine Una Eye Ooooo.... Na December Be Dis..... Oboy tankz for the info... I stay in warri too.

1 Like

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by beinstein(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
hehehe apparently the xmas hustle is in full swing.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by pawesome(m): 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
Dis scamming tin is becoming a crious case...imagine d case wia u mistakenly will take d real job as a scam too...cz dis days,one cnt diffrntiate between dt wich is real n dt f a scam...

BTW,hw bout if it ws a real job,wt wuld u hv done?
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
[size=20pt]OP IS A LEARNER LOL[/size]
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
pawesome:
Dis scamming tin is becoming a crious case...imagine d case wia u mistakenly will take d real job as a scam too...cz dis days,one cnt diffrntiate between dt wich is real n dt f a scam...

What gave them away was the personal account number. Chevron as a corporate organisation, ensures that any payment made is in the company's name. I have done Shell swimming Passport. The account I paid into was Shell account.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by lonelydora: 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
Once any so-called company demand money from job seekers in whatever form, then it's a scam. A credible company is supposed to train and spend money on you and nor the other way round

4 Likes

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by demsid(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
pawesome:

U

u can apply na shebi he Don drop their company safety department account no. Waa kogbon

4 Likes

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Welrez(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Brb
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by eleko1: 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
sad sadKudos for being smarter than dos slowpoke.I bet,one/two of ur pals is behind this/to scam U.Be dat as it may,who told U dos 2 bitches are married?Even if they are,their husband are in the picture of the whole thing.Do U knw how to chant incantation(not real ooo)?Call dos irresponsible mofo back and speak in an unknown tongue,and end it with THuNder oooooooo.
tosag:
Scammers have gone a step higher. To be honest, I almost fell for their tricks.

This morning I received a call from an unknown lady. From her voice, she must be in her late fourties. She called my name and asked if I was at home and I answered in the affirmative. She said she is Mrs Fregene and works in Chevron yard, Escravos and that one of my friends gave her my CV. She then asked if I have Chevron swimming passport, seaman's passport and safety mandatory certificate. I replied no.

She said she was asking because she had successfully convinced one of the manager to include my name for a job that would last 4 years (4 yrs contract). She went further to say that if I dont have them, she can link me up with the safety manager in Chevron yard warri- a lady called Mrs Vera Ofili to assist me in getting those documents and that the company charges N55000 for the three documents. She then texted the lady's number to me and asked me to call her. She urged me to be fast because we would be leaving for work this coming saturday and that I would miss the chance if I dont have those documents.

I called the lady (Mrs vera Ofili) who confirmed that one of their staff at Escravos had told her about me. She said she would make sure I get the documents and that I should pay N55000 into the company's safety account and come to her office at chevron yard warri with the bank teller.

Now, what got me suspicious was the fact that if any of my friends gave out my CV and something is in the pipeline, they would be aware and thus alert me. So I called the first lady and asked her which of my friends gave her my CV. She then feigned annoyance and threatened to stop helping me and I apologised.

What really convinced me that they are scammers was when the so-called Mrs. Ofili sent me the safety account number. It was a personal account number bearing the name, Mr Salisu Johnson, Fidelity Bank account number 6235451016.

I then pretended that I have paid and they called me to confirm. I just okayed the call and put it near my home theatre speaker. That was how they got the message that I knew their plan.

I will put their numbers here so that people can learn from my experience. Mrs Ofili 08024244399 and Mrs Fregene 07084951220:
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by csbrown(m): 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
angry
Ladies are not smiling
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by speckless: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
The number 07084951220 Belongs to Obaseki Akpoutu, and 0802...... belongs to Esther. Nairalanders should take it up from there.

3 Likes

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by cococandy(f): 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
Can't these folks be traced with those account numbers they drop? This is getting too much and almost the same pattern. It seems like nobody is checking them out

1 Like

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Sunnybabe(m): 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
hummmm. scamming everywhere now. GOD make una come save us oooo
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by vivalavida(m): 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
Scammers everywhere. This is december.
I also got an unusual call today in the office. The dude sounded matured and called with a hidden number. He started by asking me how nigeria was. I said fine. He then told me that he was calling from london and dont i recognise him. I told him nooo. He said ahn ahn,am ur in-law in london. I told him,bro i aint got no in-law in london. He scurried away.

Be smart people
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
speckless:
The number 07084951220 Belongs to Obaseki Akpoutu, and 0802...... belongs to Esther. Nairalanders should take it up from there.
Those may likely be fake names. No scammer would leave any trace of his/her real identity in the public.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Thank God u didn't fall mugu o. Buh lemme make this straight, first of all I don't think it's Warri, una don too give warri bad name. Secondly Lagos city a.k.a Gotham city where you find women taking husband to court that he doesn't perform well n want divorce, where you hear all sort of unthinkable stories, that's the place such 419 resides. No offense lagosians, buh it's the truth tongue
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by symbianDON(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
this format has been on for a while now. They usually claim to work in multi-national oil companies. You will shocked they don't even know you!! These days these fellows get victims info from motor park manifests, hotel receipts etc. Just about any document that will bear your name, number, address, next of kin etc. I recall a colleague of mine receiving a call sometime ago and the caller feigned he was calling from the UK (the caller ID was actually +44 but of course that is quite easy to do from nigeria). My colleague picked and asked who was calling. Next thing was the caller getting angry that .....bro so you dont recognise my voice anymore. Lolz.. My colleague was like.....oh!! Sorry so and so is that you? (that was where he fell for the trick) and the guy answered yes it's me....after supposed pleasantries, the guy was informed him that he had sent some items to him through a friend who had just arrived nigeria...that the guy was going to call him soon to find out how he could locate him. Now this was on a saturday. Fews minutes later my colleague received a call from the supposed friend who asked where he was and he said he was in abuja....the friend said he was in port harcourt and he was going to board the next flight to abuja. Not long Afterwards he called again to say he was finding it difficult to change the pounds on him to naira and so couldnt purchase a ticket. H went ahead to ask my colleague to send him mtn recharge cards worth 40k that someone at the airport was ready to buy them.....he promised to refund him the equivalent in pounds on getting to abuja.......come and see as my colleague and wife siddon de do card scratching assignment. Wife de scratch husband de send!!!!! After sending na.....till today number de enter voicemail. grin

6 Likes

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by pawesome(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
tosag:
What gave them away was the personal account number. Chevron as a corporate organisation, ensures that any payment made is in the company's name. I have done Shell swimming Passport. The account I paid into was Shell account.
sowi to ask o..buh i hv no idea wt dis swimming passport is at all...cn u help?
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by pawesome(m): 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
demsid:
u can apply na shebi he Don drop their company safety department account no. Waa kogbon
my brother,na so u hate me reach?
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by yokky007(m): 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
I also hooked up with a claimed white woman on facebook who wanted to be my friend and started wooing me.
So we exchanged email address and started mailing one another.
She told me she works for an international agency "Global Resettlement Agency" in America.
The agency was claimed to be recruiting immigrants from Africa with a visa of 5 years, a suitable work with an enticing fee.
I was asked if I have a UN travel certificate and international passport.
Then I was told to pay a processing fee of 50000 naira to someone's fidelity bank account here in Nigeria.
I almost fell but on searching for the agency on google, I started seeing it blacklisted as a fraud.
My fellow country people, please, watch out!, unemployment is making the youths of this country to turn to SCAMMERS.
BEWARE!!!

3 Likes

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Isiterere(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
one of the disadvantage of NYSC year book and a well detail social media profile.

ALL IZZ WELL

4 Likes

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by eaccyboy(m): 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
U shld kw nw..well u said u almost fell..I need scamer to scam me
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by IamDanto7(m): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
I had similar experience last week when one Mr. Mike Osaro (fake names) called me supposedly from Agip Kwale,, telling me about a job with Agip as a store keeper. He said I should call one Mr. Solomon Obaseke (fake names). few minutes later I got the number of the later and was asked to pay 25k for community empowerment scheme. immediately I knew it was a scam and I asked for the bank details so I can make payment.... they failed though, but I composed a 3 page text and told them what they won't forget. The funny part is that I actually knew who made that call to me but kept it on a down low. Lazy men everywhere #smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
pawesome:

sowi to ask o..buh i hv no idea wt dis swimming passport is at all...cn u help?
It's an ID card which permits u to work in an offshore oil platform. If its shell-owned, you need shell swimming pass. If its a chevron platform, u need dat of chevron.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by millionboi(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
thonyokun:
You for allow them scam you first before making noise. Dem no know say you broke pass them
hahahahaha
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Tobetoe(m): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hmmmm,
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by millionboi(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
vivalavida:
Scammers everywhere. This is december.
I also got an unusual call today in the office. The dude sounded matured and called with a hidden number. He started by asking me how nigeria was. I said fine. He then told me that he was calling from london and dont i recognise him. I told him nooo. He said ahn ahn,am ur in-law in london. I told him,bro i aint got no in-law in london. He scurried away.

Be smart people
lol....in my own case,i told him dat i got so many of dem dia,then i ask him wich 1 r u?d ediot cut d call(i 4waste he credit die)
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Drdonzeez(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mine was a few days after my post utme exam. on one Saturday morning,I got a call from one fraudster claiming he works in the Admission office.he told me to send my datas which I did impromptu...he later said I would make a payment of 60K before he can help out. I asked where the admission was so that we could met ,,he couldn't give me a reasonable reply.that gave me the impression that he's a fraudster....may God deliver us from these jobless souls roaming our streets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee / Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.