Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

New Job Scam Tactics In Warri - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Job Scam Tactics In Warri (21690 Views)

8 Warning Signs Of A Job Scam / List Of JOB SCAM TEXT And Phone Numbers Of Job Scamers / Job Scam:the Vio-dvla Medical Test Payment Is A Hoax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by ebonylady4real(f): 10:16am On Dec 02, 2014
Not only in Warri. It happens here in Lagos too. received a call from one Engineer Mike from Chevron-07039393582. beware
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 02, 2014
ebonylady4real:
Not only in Warri. It happens here in Lagos too. received a call from one Engineer Mike from Chevron-07039393582. beware
I wonder why the DSS and police are not tracking these guys and putting them out of business. It's really disgusting.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 02, 2014
akinsadeez:

I might agree with the word 'desperate' but I don't agree with. Most job seekers are very desperate but many aren't greedy. Many just want to work somewhere as a start at least. Some people have been duped with offer of jobs which arent really high paying jobs.

You didnt understand my post well...most job seekers are desperate and its understandable cos no one wants to sit idle at home doing nothing...hence even a low paying job can hoodwink someone...some are also greedy too sha.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by athorello(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2014
I have been scamed by a family friend before. Though I never believed him, my dad urged me on that I should give it a try. We were living in the same neighbourhood then. While he was away, he kept assuring me of the so called shell job. At a point he stopped picking my calls until his line finally went off. In the end we discovered the guy succeeded in playing everybody, including his landlady and disappeared with his wife and kids.
My dad has been played himself by 419s (some local guys) when I was much younger. We all blamed him for that though he was able to recover part of the money.
So, around the middle of this year, I received a call from a bastard who call himself Evangelist. He called me by name, told me where I served in rivers state and said I asked him to inform me whenever there is a vacancy in his company. Whaddaa f***!!! Never heard of or seen the bastard and I asked him, how's that? I just maintain my cool, then he said he worked at nlng in bonny that he'll send me the HR number so that I can speak with him and do whatever he ask me to do. When I got home I told my guy that I've been called by a scammer but I'll just wait to confirm. I told him I'll never call them, but they'll call me till they get tired. So, the fucvktaard called again and sent the HR number via sms. After few more calls and sms to confirm if I'm following up failed, he just gave up. And I was like "I told you". Fellas, this was about 6 months ago and I did bother to keep the numbers and sms.
I have heard many personal stories in line with this in Nigeria's oil and gas zones. Please beware! And always have a probing mind!
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by goldfish27(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2014
Dis guys no know say we self na old bird...na so 1 call me and weytin surprise me b say him call my name say a frd giv am my number make him help me get custom..when I ask am d name of the frd him try form bad network and ask mak I call him back..after 10mins or so him call back dey ask me y I never call him..I told him say me no get money for fone....na so him vex say mak I go put card call him...na so I just dey laf ooooooo......All men need to sharp up....no b say person dey look 4 means say him go give away d one wey him dey manage foolishly....
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by eddyline(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
tosag:
I almost fell o! As am typing now I have no job. I believe somebody close to me must have given them my number cos they called my name.
my guess is you just finished service not too long ago. What these scam artist do is to get people's numbers from the various state youth corps magazines.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by sammydapo: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
THUNDER FIRE THEIR MAMA YANSH, AMADIOHA SELF GO FOLLOW STRIKE EM, I CALLED D NUMBER OUT OF CURIOSITY AND DEMMA FORM HELLO, DIS IS CHEVRON BLA BLA BLA...
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
starlingbawa:

How do you mean?

The OP just doled out 'VERY USEFUL' information about conmen and fraudsters and you think he's a learner of what exactly?

Na wa ooo!

anyone that believes his or her can can just magically show up on an employment s/he probably didn't apply for must be hyper super dumb!
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by eledacedar(f): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
tosag:
I almost fell o! As am typing now I have no job. I believe somebody close to me must have given them my number cos they called my name.

Are you on jobber man? They got loads of these scammers there.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Wendy80(f): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
Searching those phone numbers on true caller app, 2 funny names appear, Esther marriage and obaseki Akpoutu. Baffles me when women are involved. 2moro they will say one Aunty in d village is bewitching them not knowing it's d prayer of innocent pple they scammed
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by KissQ(f): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Are you kidding me? Mehn dese scammers are heartless ooo!!!!! God pls protect us from dem............................what even surprises me is how they get our numbers self.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
eledacedar:

Are you on jobber man? They got loads of these scammers there.
Yea!
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by ecstasycity(f): 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
just got a call from this number as well 07084951220. said he's from delta state civil commission, that i should pay 12,000 for clearance and all. i just come dey laff....he cum confuse.
Re: New Job Scam Tactics In Warri by Michaelpraise: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2023
09169583117 and 09038750543. These are scammers numbers claiming to be staff of Arik Air.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Npower Site Reopening- All Previous Applications Remain Intact / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2024 (NNBTS BATCH 36) / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.