Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Leaving The Price Tag On? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Leaving The Price Tag On? (1105 Views)

4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her / Nairaland Romance Section Slum Book 2015. [fill And Tag] / 8 Things Ladies Do That Make Guys Tag Them Hungry Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving The Price Tag On? by kendraloops(f): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
I got a gift from a colleague and right there on the packet, was the price tag. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen. Is it that the givers always forget to remove the tags, they dont send or they just simply can't be bothered?

I've heard guys bragging about it i.e. so the recepient would know they ain't cheap guys or something along that line sha. I just wonder if its appropriate or not!!
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by tobiboss(m): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
It's either they forgot or they're just showing off
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by akinsadeez(m): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hmmmmm. interesting. I think it is a sign of inferiority complex. If you are rich and you know you are rich you wouldn't need to leave the price tag on a gift just to show the recipient how expensive it is and then feel good about yourself. Do you think Dangote needs to leave the price tag on a gift just to let someone know it is expensive?
Besides, for me it is not really how expensive a gift is that matters but the thought behind the giving of the gift.
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tryna leh u knw wah he sacrificed jex tew make yhu api

#itz nuh appropriate tho
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
tobiboss:
It's either they forgot or they're just showing off

on point , charlie...
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by kendraloops(f): 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
lol @ last poster, i don't think it matters. It can actuallu do the opposite.

A guy goy this expensive handbag for my friend whom he was scoping but he left the tag on. As my friend got the bag and saw the tag, she just let out a loud hiss and was like "what's this guy feeling like?" She prolly reacted that way cos the guy na naturally proud guy.

i witnessed this one back in School. A girl was walking around campus with the price tag of her bag in full glare!. It was somewhat strange, people were just staring and laughing (trust students na). What's the reasoning behind this?
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
It's pride, simple and short. Probally letting you know he's got enough to throw around. And its childish - uche umuazi na-enye ya nsogbu.
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 02, 2014
Itz inappropriate...
the motive is to show off if done intentionally
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by dechandel(f): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2014

Who leaves a price tag on a gift Chai.. Naija guys cheesy. Very amazing set of creatures grin
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Personally, I feel it's tacky
It's like an unspoken way of saying "hey, see how expensive what I got you is"

Has anyone noticed some people leave the price tag only when the gifts are expensive?
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by kendraloops(f): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2014
zeemoor, you're very correct! I've observed that too, price tag stays so far the gift is expensive. is it to show off or what?

I would like guys to contribute too, lemme know why they do it.
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by bennysucre(f): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
lol. i remember doing this back in the days when men were boys.i would leave d price tag n feel fly like I've done something cool.

op, u just brought memories back mehn!!
Re: Leaving The Price Tag On? by kendraloops(f): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2014
nice contribution bro. op i brought back good memories though.

(1) (Reply)

Am Not Ready For Marriage Now (advice Needed)most Read / She Said Is Interested Wit Me / 9 Important Things In A Relationship That Every Woman Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.