Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Gtbank's Indemnity Agreement For Transfers To Other Banks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gtbank's Indemnity Agreement For Transfers To Other Banks (1538 Views)

Gt Bank Indemnity Clause / Banks To Charge #65 On D Use Of ATM Card Of Other Banks. / Arsene Wenger`s 13 Years In Transfers: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank's Indemnity Agreement For Transfers To Other Banks by ireke(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2014
I tried to initiate some transfers to other banks on GTB's online platform and saw that there is a new Indemnity agreement that I need to accept before I can proceed. The opening of the agreement is posted below:
"IN CONSIDERATION of GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC (hereinafter called “the Bank”) agreeing to process transactions initiated by me via the Bank’s Internet Banking Platform above the Central Bank of Nigeria’s approved limit of N1,000,000.00 (one million Naira only) (hereinafter called “Transactions”), I, hereby fully indemnify the Bank, its Directors, agents, privies, assigns, successors, employees, or any other person whomsoever acting under the Bank’s authority or control against any costs, losses, damages, litigation, action, proceeding, expenses (including Attorney’s fees), judicial awards of any kind, or any payments of whatsoever nature made or any cost however incurred, whether directly or indirectly, remotely or otherwise, resulting from the Bank processing such Transactions."
end of quote..

My concern is that I do not intend to transfer more than my usual 5K, 20K, etc, so why should I agree to this indemnity? I have called their customer service and they said the notice actually applies to all customers/transactions. So why don't they simply reword the verbiage to indicate that the indemnity applies to all transactions no matter the amount.

Have you accepted the indemnity and did you read before you accept?
Re: Gtbank's Indemnity Agreement For Transfers To Other Banks by Blayze007(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2014
I dont bank with GTB but i think that you are bound by that which has been accepted as the indemnity agreement in black & white prints...not by the verbal explanation. So if the indemnity states anything above N1million, then it basically does not concern any amount less than 1million.

Go ahead with ur transaction.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnewi1stson Is Back / Johnakwehblog: Mtn 6GB Imei Tweaking Valid For This Year! / Can You Say Amen To This Valentine Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.