Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Who Offended The gods of the land? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Offended The gods of the land? (10279 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Food For The Gods. / Secrets Of the gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Everyone is invited to this. Invite your friends, your enemies and your boss. It will be interesting so Watch out!!!
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
how many threads you get?
Hope you no they plan dump any story cause i will personally...

First to land.
When yu go start dey drop?
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
stuff46:
how many threads you get?
Hope you no they plan dump any story cause i will personally...

First to land.
When yu go start dey drop?
wen am through with the one in the sexuality section.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by SelinaBrown(f): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Bluestarry:
Okay...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
Bluestarry:
would i have to wait till then? Before i get this piece,hope that sexuality own is almost done?
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Aight, lemme sit on the first row.

1 Like

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Sheenor: 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
Awaiting thee.

1 Like

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by ritababe(f): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
***sits and cross my leg***
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
PROLOGUE
The day was almost coming to an end as the sun set slowly. The people of umofia, were just returning from their farmslands.
The main occupation of the villagers were ; farming, fishing, hunting and lumbering. The soil of umofia was rich in soil nutrient as it yielded good nutritious crops.

Umofia was situated in the heartland of ekpak, the hills of no return. Bounded to the left by a village named "ntia ikot" and to the right by a village named "ikom", which was only accessed by crossing the dreaded river that seperated the two villages.

The river was deadly as no one
ever crossed it and come back to tell the tale
Rumours has it that dead bodies used in sacrifice to the numerous gods of the land were dumped in the river. The river changes to red colour at night, much like that of blood. Rumours also had it that the red blood-like colour signifies the blood of those that had been sacrificed.

A shrine was situated not far from the river.
Umoafia had seven clans, which signifies the seven brothers that made up the village. The brothers were long gone, but they left behind their great great grand children.

Each clan was guided by a clan head , but all the clans were governed by a king, obong ekong 1 of umofia. He was a tyrant.
Each clan had their gods but all the clans were made to serve only one god. The god was believed to be the father of the seven brothers who founded the village.

The people of umofia called their great god isentim. The meaning best known to them. Some said it meant godswill, some said it meant peace. Peace? But this isentim of a god brought calamity to them. Someone offended the gods but all the people of umofia were to be punish. It was a mass killing done by the skull, the dreaded skull that hung on the door of the shrine. That was the protocol of the gods, each offence was punishable by death.

The punishment will be serve to the offender or to the villagers if the offender refuse to render him or herself to the gods. If he or she dosent, the punishment will be serve to the family or clan or the village as a whole.

The question that was on the villagers lip was "who offended the gods".
Sit back and relax, i promise not to disappoint. Errors and typos are bound to occur. I need your comment and criticism.
Invite all your friends and enemies.
NB: NO PART OF THIS PUBLICATION MAY BE REPRODUCED, STORED OR TRANSMITTED, IN ANY FORM OR BY MEANS, ELECTRONIC, MECHANICAL, PHOTOCOPYING ETC. WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNER.
For more information contact Mauricevictor48@gmail.com.
Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tag:festwiz, divepen, kingzpen,Seun
Lenmafon, kajemjay, hayoronke, temitopedaniel, amenbaby, dopevick,
Abbey2580, nisotzoe, haibeehae, wemmieslim,
Sheanoel, marioking, lordgalore, Ikeano92,
chuks000, monatim, Omololamide, olarafiat,
JigsawKillah, xtremelygifted, godsonchikelue,
Georgry, Kflorencek, Xtarxhyne, Onyi42, ayomi23,
Rounakid, Olusharp, Silkmoth33, harmlessphil,
mariamferanmi, ninja4life, Jennimma,
whisper2esi, unilever, Babe2sure,bookhy,
kingphilip, Chrisx1x, adeniyi00, Skyfornia,
Darus05, Flakkydagirl, Ggee, MuniratAbolanl,
Zeinymira, OVI75, Sirdy48, bayulll01, Anelk50,
missterious, Chibueze90, Diamondamsel,
MosesIgb,
Fantasywrita,
princesssusan
boladex1
Abuklaw
Omortolah
snowprince07
Kingso23
Bertadayz,Timothy3113,BestInDeeWorld,mattiechris,tunb
soulminister
ProfDee26, Hammenat24
Bloomingbud,seunviju,TiffanyJ,moseph,D9ty7
wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace
Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1
candy
LogoDWhiz
jaymomma
Odward.

uchebest2006
Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss,
jaki006, light57,jubileesmith,stuff56, onemansquad, ritababe, selinabrown, icebrylin, flambeez1, tecno4life, ogbarmey, adeh37, adewealth027, fatalveli, repogirl, tiffanyj, koolwilly, standd, davidflo, onihaxy, emzypaz, oma4u, stuff56, dastancypayneetc.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by kingphilip(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
followed
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Fembleez1(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
Though u didn't get my name but here I am embarassed

Flambleez1<Fembleez1 kiss
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Fatalveli(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2014
I was here
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2014
This Bluefish need slap I swear. angry
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
--CHAPTER 1--
Okon had just finished harvesting his yams. He ordered his servants to pack them home. It was evening already. He wondered why days now end fast.

"papa which route should we take home?" ekpa, okon's third son asked.
"young man take any route you like, but dont let me reach the house before you" he said.

Ekpa knowing his father very well apoligised and went his way. Ekpa wanted to walk the long route, the one that passed through emem's house. The servant had already gone. They took the road through the village square.

Emem was ekpa girl friend. He just wanted to say "hi" to her, he hadnt seen her for days.He knew his father like taking the shortcut route home. The route was very near to the evil forest. He only wanted to be sure so as to know if he was free to take the route he liked.

The reply he got from his father gave him hopes of seeing emem again. He hated the shortcut route. It was always lonely and scary to walk through.
People said that the route was used by ghost to walk home after their days activity. Umofia believed that the spirit of those that died still perform the wordly activities, like going to market and the years festival.

He wondered why his father like the route. He ran up to catch up with etim, his childhood friend, he was returning from the farm too. They were agemates. They were 16years old.
Mr okon whistled as he walked along the path that leads to the route he enjoys taking most. He had a happy day as the sizes of the yams he harvested were sure to win the largest yam of the year.

He enjoy taking the short route that leads to his clan because the road is always quiet and people feard taking the routes with reasons based on silly superstitious beliefs.

He wasnt a believer of that. How can a sane human belief that ghost go to market? They really need deliverance from their almighty god.He gave a long hiss and quicken his pace. As he branched to take the short cut route, he felt a force that held him back. Something whispered to him not to take the track. He felt fear in his spirit.

He stopped in his tracks as he hears the whisper sound again. This time the words werent clear so he couldnt pick the words. He looked back but saw nothing. He hisssed again. Was his mind playing prank on him?

With courage, he took the narrow path.
" Only coward men that listen to their fears". He said as he walked through the path.

Soon he forgot about the weird sound and resumed his whistle, he calculated how many barns he was going to build for his yams.

Something caught his attention as he brushed past the grasses. It was a drop of blood on the yellow earthen soil, it looked fresh.

He walked past it. After he took few more steps, he saw another, it was fresher than the former. He looked around the path. Had a hunter walked this path? He walked and saw yet another one. Curiosity took over him, he lowered his head and began trailing the blood.

He kept walking, following the dotted blood.
He had this feeling that some one or something was watching him from the back. He looked back but didnt see anything.

He walked on. A laughter echoed from his back. It was loud and croaky. Fear overwhelmed him, his hands clasped upon his matchet by his side, he swiftly turned. He saw nothing.
The laughter echoed again, this time louder than before.

He paused on his tracks. His mind wandered away to his dream ,The one he had last night. In his dream, he dreamt as he was being pursued by a blood dripping creature.

The laughter came again. It sounded more closer snapping him out of his reverie. It rang without stopping. He heared foot steps from his back and shuddered in fear. He felt goose pimples all over him as the foot steps came closer. Darkness was cripping in. His heart pounded in fear. He wondered what was laughing. Was a villager playing pranks on him? He regreted ever taking that path, if only he had listened to the whispered sound.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
He was rooted to the spot, he tried moving his legs, it felt heavy. He tried turning his neck but it proved stiff he couldnt move any part of his body, even his breath had slowed. The steps was more closer, it was at his back, the laughter still roaring.

The footsteps apeared to stop at his back and the laughter ceased immediately as it had started. Okon was tensed up with fear and regret as he stood, his legs shaking.

He felt great heat from his back, together with the heat came a mighty offensive odour. The heat was too much as it almost burnt his bare back.

The creature at his back stretched forth his hands and rested it hands on okon shoulders which melted as it came contact with the tree root like hand.

Okon yelled in pains, simultaenously, the creature resumed it laughter. The laughter was deafening to the ears. Okon almost went deaf. He found out that he had stopped breathing.

The creature groaned, dragging his grip from okon's shoulder down to his wrist. Melting all okon's flesh in the process.

It groaned again followed by a mighty thunder. Okon wasnt his self as he as sweating, he could hear his heart beat pounding in midst of all the sounds around him. He know he will die, he could smell death inches away from him. All he could wish for as at that time was to see the face of the creatures that terrorised him.

He mustered all the strength and courage reserved in his body to turn his stiff neck around. His eyes fell on the creature and he immedietely wished he didnt turned his head. But it was too late as the sight he saw made him ran mad.

He saw a large sack-like head. It had no eyes, only holes were bored into it. It had No nose, the mouth was located at his chin. Like the ones you see in pigs.It didnt have any neck as the head was placed on top of the body. It body was made of a tree trunk, and it hands was tree root. He wasnt opportuned to view more than that as he ran into the woods, screaming incoherent words.

He was sure he had seen such creature before. Yes, he had seen it in the shrine of "imopek" the head god of his clan. Why was the gods after him? The gods will answer that.

He kept screaming as he ran into the evil forest.

He saw the drops of blood again, it led him deep into the forest. He paused on his tracks as he came to a dead end. He came face to face with the dreaded river, there was no where he was going to enter that river.

He turned back and met yet another creature, it was the skull that hung on the door of the shrine of isemtin.

It was dripping blood, it eyes big and round, it teeth much like that of a vampire.
The skull was grinning at okon.
The last thing okon saw was the skull on his chest as he fell down on the earthen soil. In a split of minutes every thing went silence, he felt peace, the peace he hasnt felt before. No sound, no noise, no fear. He wasnt breathing. Just peace. Being okay that his environment was peaceful again, he tried standing up but couldnt.

He became alarmed. He tried lifting his legs but it felt heavy like a log of wood. In a frenzy, he forcefully push his self up.

Much to his surprise, he was floating on top of a body, a body he found out was his own.
In a frantic move, he fought to penetrate back into his body but couldnt. It refused him entrance. Okon realised that he had been forcefully detached from his former self. He was now a spirit.

He cried, he wailed. He sobbed. But the sounds of his cries he didnt hear.

He stood up and took a last glance at his former self. His face was twisted like a woman in labour, his mouth open, he died when he was screaming.

Okon, the clan head of iboku was dead. It was obvious the gods was starting from the clan head, the offender was among them.
END OF CHAPTER ONE

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Beckytee(f): 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hmmm! Nice one, weldon
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
Beckytee:
Hmmm! Nice one, weldon
thank ma.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Dopeyomi(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Following
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dopeyomi:
Following
thanks for following.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by onosj(f): 1:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Following
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Niftyrules(m): 5:05am On Dec 19, 2014
you're such a good writer Bluestarry, but I want you to examine the following in your writing, it is just my personal opinion of your works anyway. No strings attached.
*determine the age range of your readership
*use the right diction
*please kindly avoid repetition
*be analytic enough when explaining your fact

Overall, you're such an interesting writer for me, and the following are the trait I love in your writing;
*quite love the way you drive your point home to your readers
*i can see you're trailing in the path of the great author Chinua Achebe
*your piece can easily be understood without much stress

You're such a fantastic writer bro, but never rest on your oars.
Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2014
Niftyrules:
you're such a good writer Bluestarry, but I want you to examine the following in your writing, it is just my personal opinion of your works anyway. No strings attached.
*determine the age range of your readership
*use the right diction
*please kindly avoid repetition
*be analytic enough when explaining your fact

Overall, you're such an interesting writer for me, and the following are the trait I love in your writing;
*quite love the way you drive your point home to your readers
*i can see you're trailing in the path of the great author Chinua Achebe
*your piece can easily be understood without much stress

You're such a fantastic writer bro, but never rest on your oars.
Goodluck.
thanks sir. Ill take note of them.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2014
onosj:
Following
thanks ma.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by tecno4life(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2014
Bluestarry:
Tag:festwiz, divepen, kingzpen,Seun
Lenmafon, kajemjay, hayoronke, temitopedaniel, amenbaby, dopevick,
Abbey2580, nisotzoe, haibeehae, wemmieslim,
Sheanoel, marioking, lordgalore, Ikeano92,
chuks000, monatim, Omololamide, olarafiat,
JigsawKillah, xtremelygifted, godsonchikelue,
Georgry, Kflorencek, Xtarxhyne, Onyi42, ayomi23,
Rounakid, Olusharp, Silkmoth33, harmlessphil,
mariamferanmi, ninja4life, Jennimma,
whisper2esi, unilever, Babe2sure,bookhy,
kingphilip, Chrisx1x, adeniyi00, Skyfornia,
Darus05, Flakkydagirl, Ggee, MuniratAbolanl,
Zeinymira, OVI75, Sirdy48, bayulll01, Anelk50,
missterious, Chibueze90, Diamondamsel,
MosesIgb,
Fantasywrita,
princesssusan
boladex1
Abuklaw
Omortolah
snowprince07
Kingso23
Bertadayz,Timothy3113,BestInDeeWorld,mattiechris,tunb
soulminister
ProfDee26, Hammenat24
Bloomingbud,seunviju,TiffanyJ,moseph,D9ty7
wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace
Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1
candy
LogoDWhiz
jaymomma
Odward.

uchebest2006
Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss,
jaki006, light57,jubileesmith,stuff56, onemansquad, ritababe, selinabrown, icebrylin, flambeez1, techno4life, ogbarmey, adeh37, adewealth207, fatalveli, repogirl, tiffanyj, koolwilly, standd, davidflo, onihaxy, etc.

Blue na so?

As ur punishment for not mentioning me I will never comment on this thread angry
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2014
tecno4life:

Blue na so?

As ur punishment for not mentioning me I will never comment on this thread angry
ahhhhhhh broz no vex na. I don put am
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by TiffanyJ(f): 9:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Thanks for the mention. Hope I'm not late?
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Thanks for the mention. Hope I'm not late?
no ma, welcome
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by ritababe(f): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2014
yurme, bunsky
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by yurme(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2014
ritababe:
yurme, bunsky
tnkz wiffy
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 19, 2014
Sorry for late arrival...But I'm happy Iv not missed a lot
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Trypa(f): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2014
Bluestarry:
ahhhhhhh broz no vex na. I don put am

U, u don't ask of pple dat comment on ur threead wen u don't c them ryt well mi won't say tongue embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patch Of Black / Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story / One Man Mopol By Awe Samuel Olutayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.