Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,412 members, 7,800,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ (984226 Views)

Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2009
LOL, i think most of us have a hard time cutting our hair.
I'm not sure either how the weaveon own will turn out. Maybe you should try it and give us feedback grin
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by spikedcylinder: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2009
Yay! She's my friend. . . grin

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2009
iice:

This was my style in secondary school, coz i had long hair till i decided to chop it off grin my mama vex die that day grin grin
Same thing here. I don't know wheremy aunt got the idea that all Americans wore short hair That's why I had to cut mines back then.  grin

Now, I'm really into short hair. I think it's very exotic. I'm thinking of cutting mines and highlighting the tips. But then, not all looks good with short hair grin

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
Loff curls die kiss

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2009
FL Gators:

Same thing here. I don't know wheremy aunt got the idea that all Americans wore short hair That's why I had to cut mines back then.  grin

Now, I'm really into short hair. I think it's very exotic. I'm thinking of cutting mines and highlighting the tips. But then, not all looks good with short hair grin

LOL, i just got tired combing my own and fixing it and it was dry season, so the heat was unbearable undecided  My best friend vex for me eh grin grin

I love those looks too, but depends, i'm not like so so into it.  Seen too many and my mother has hair not more than an 1nch.  Said she's too old for long hair lol.  .  .my sis carried short hair (1inch) for like 5yrs *shrugs*, i chop my hair every once in a while lol.

You are right, some people don't look good with short hair.  
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2009

iice:

LOL, i just got tired combing my own and fixing it and it was dry season, so the heat was unbearable undecided My best friend vex for me eh grin grin

I love those looks too, but depends, i'm not like so so into it. Seen too many and my mother has hair not more than an 1nch. Said she's too old for long hair lol. . .my sis carried short hair (1inch) for like 5yrs *shrugs*, i chop my hair every once in a while lol.

You are right, some people don't look good with short hair.

Seems like you gotta lot of short hair peeps in your family.
I no blame her na, I mean, some ppl are looking for long hair, you dey cut your own grin

Infact, I can't wait to get thi weave off so I can try short hair. Would it be advisable to let white hairtylists fix my hair, since some of the products they use differ for my hair texture? undecided
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
And how do you know the short hairstyle is actually going to stay controlled?

@post
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2009

Love this one, my sis had something like this too

FL Gators:

Seems like you gotta lot of short hair peeps in your family.
I no blame her na, I mean, some ppl are looking for long hair, you dey cut your own grin

Infact, I can't wait to get thi weave off so I can try short hair. Would it be advisable to let white hairtylists fix my hair, since some of the products they use differ for my hair texture? undecided
Has to be a white hairstylist that is familiar with our hair type. Otherwise, have to stick with our own undecided

What do you mean controlled? Like it would look like how the stylist styled it without actually going to the stylist?
lots of style in that sentence lol
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
iice:

Love this one, my sis had something like this too
Has to be a white hairstylist that is familiar with our hair type. Otherwise, have to stick with our own undecided

What do you mean controlled? Like it would look like how the stylist styled it without actually going to the stylist?
lots of style in that sentence lol

So you think I should go to a white hairstylist?
Because someone also mentioned to me that black hair products are bad, then another person told me not to trust my hair with white hairstylist cause they might damage it. And since you've got yours done b4, I thought I should ask you which one you trust tongue

By controlled, I meant, would it still look like I got my hair done within the next 2 days after? Cause you know how hair looks crazy in the morning overnight, like a tornado went through it grin

@post
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2009
Ohh I love this one:

The front has been pulled up and away from the forehead with the sides looking very nice as they have been brushed down around the ears.
This is a short hair cut that has been layered. The cut is very simple and easy to form using gel. It has been razor cut around the sides and in the back.
The hair colour is brown but has highlights of blonde at the ends to give this interesting look.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2009
FL Gators:

So you think I should go to a white hairstylist?
Because someone also mentioned to me that black hair products are bad, then another person told me not to trust my hair with white hairstylist cause they might damage it. And since you've got yours done b4, I thought I should ask you which one you trust tongue

By controlled, I meant, would it still look like I got my hair done within the next 2 days after? Cause you know how hair looks crazy in the morning overnight, like a tornado went through it grin

Lmao, Haha, that's why i said one who knows about our hair.  I went through stylists till i finally found one that worked for me.  Sometimes you have to through rubbish stylists to find one that knows what he/she is doing.
I don't know about the products since i don't use much of them.  .  .don't perm my hair so i don't know what is what.  The most i've used is pink oil and that was when i was a kid.  

As for controlled, usually without advice and directions from the stylist on what to do, it will look like disaster the next day lol.  .  .sucks huh? Sometimes i wish i could sleep without putting my head on the pillow grin So will still have to do primping and fixing to get it to look as if you just step off the stylist's chair tongue
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2009
Don't we all wish we could sleep without a pillow, esp those with tight braids angry grin
Ok, I guezz my hair would have to go through wind and fire to get to the best hairstylist.
Iice you don't use product, then what do you use? Honey and palm oil? shocked

Just wondering how my mom would react the next time she sees me with short hightlighted hair. Prolly "Are you doing drugs?" grin grin

@Post
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2009
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2009
@post

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2009
[img][/img]
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Sissy3(f): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2009
iice:

LOL, i think most of us have a hard time cutting our hair.
I'm not sure either how the weaveon own will turn out. Maybe you should try it and give us feedback grin

yea i will try it, just got to find the right stylist that can do w/out ma natural hair.

are you a naturale?
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 04, 2009
I love the Orange-Red highlights

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 04, 2009
Curls again kiss kiss

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 04, 2009
Short HairStyles

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2009
This is an eye catching asymmetric bob with angles and curves for definition. The bangs have been cut in at an angle to create the geometric shape of this style. The Back: has been graduated up to the crown to create body. The Sides: have been cut at different lengths, with the left sitting at ear level and the right just above chin level,

This is a classic bob which has been spiced up with different lengths throughout and features heavily cut bangs to compliment the look. The Back: has been tapered in at the neckline and graduated layers have been added which have been blended up to the crown to achieve height. The Sides: the left side has been cut to ear level while the right side has been angled down to jawline,

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by chiogo(f): 1:38am On Jul 04, 2009
I just wonder how girls with bangs wash their face. I mean the ones professionally done. undecided
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 04, 2009
This is a short razor cut that is not for the faint hearted. The Back: has been razored short and tapered into the head. The Sides: features layers that have been contoured around the shape of the ears and blended into the short layers through the top and crown area to create the height of this great style,

This is a short funky hairdo with different lengths to add contrast and shape to the style. This style features front layers which can be worn as long bangs swept to the side. The Back: has been cut short and close to the head for a flat finish. The Sides: the layers have been sliced to maintain a wispy look with the length cut down to angle towards the jaw line while still blending up to the shorter textured layers throug,

This is an eye-catching look with plenty of body and shape. The bangs work to create a light frame for the top of the face. The back is tapered down to the nape- this avoids leaving a weight line- and the sides have been left longer to give the appearance of an angled jaw line. ,

chiogo:

I just wonder how girls with bangs wash their face. I mean the ones professionally done. undecided
Lift and wash, I guess
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 04, 2009

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by chiogo(f): 2:23am On Jul 04, 2009
FL Gators:

Lift and wash, I guess
LOL, too much stress.

I love the green highlights. kiss
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 2:36am On Jul 04, 2009
FL Gators:

Don't we all wish we could sleep without a pillow, esp those with tight braids angry grin
Ok, I guezz my hair would have to go through wind and fire to get to the best hairstylist.
Iice you don't use product, then what do you use? Honey and palm oil? shocked

Just wondering how my mom would react the next time she sees me with short hightlighted hair. Prolly "Are you doing drugs?" grin grin

Hahaha, i no dey gree for tight braids ooo.
grin grin Palm oil ke. If i'm lazy now with all this caring for hair, imagine how i was when i was younger shocked I didn't put anything on the hair ooo lol. My mom was the one who like rubbing baby oil and all that. Now though, i just do the coconut oil or hot oil thing.

LMAO! highlighted is not so bad, if it's not a shocking color. My mom can't be shocked anymore grin All of us the kids have done real shocking colors and drastic hair styles. . .
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 2:38am On Jul 04, 2009
~Sissy~:

yea i will try it, just got to find the right stylist that can do w/out ma natural hair.

are you a naturale?

Cool, hope it turns out glam, so we can all go try it cheesy

Nope, i used to be. . .had my hair straightened out
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 04, 2009
chiogo:

LOL, too much stress.

I love the green highlights. kiss
Me too, lovely!!

iice:

Hahaha, i no dey gree for tight braids ooo.
grin grin Palm oil ke. If i'm lazy now with all this caring for hair, imagine how i was when i was younger shocked I didn't put anything on the hair ooo lol. My mom was the one who like rubbing baby oil and all that. Now though, i just do the coconut oil or hot oil thing.

LMAO! highlighted is not so bad, if it's not a shocking color. My mom can't be shocked anymore grin All of us the kids have done real shocking colors and drastic hair styles. . .

Iice, you're one weird chic shocked Hot oil shocked shocked

LOL. I don't think Dark red is a shocking color, but you know some Nigerians and thier dilema with color red: Evil undecided
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 2:56am On Jul 04, 2009
Not literal hot oil! tongue
You know like deep conditioning.
I now remember something else i used to put on my hair. . .whats that thing fulanis put? The cow milk thing. Smelled terrible but not so bad on the hair.

Ahhh, yeah the color red. Dark red is good, red is my favorite hair color.
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 04, 2009
Cow milk thing? Wouldnt that be Warra?

LOL, same here. I'm begining to dig red and black combination
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 3:14am On Jul 04, 2009
I don't know about if it's that.
Hauwa will know what i mean. . .coz i only know it by the hausa name. I just can't remember what it is.
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Sissy3(f): 3:22am On Jul 04, 2009
iice:

Cool, hope it turns out glam, so we can all go try it cheesy

Nope, i used to be. . .had my hair straightened out

will keep ya posted, when i try it out. keeping ma fingers n toes crossed hoping it turns good embarassed embarassed
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 06, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.