Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today (21321 Views)

Unfair: See How Much I Was Charged Per Dollar (photos) / I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card / My ATM Card Was Stolen And Money Was Withdrawn Within Hours - Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by slightlyMad(f): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
I tried to make a $1000 payment today and i was charge 190,520 instead of the 180,000 i was charged last week

I am paying 190k for items i used to buy for 168,000
Can someone tell me what is going on with Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by iykepromotions: 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
you surely must have heard that as of yesterday A dollar is N184 but @ 190 is damn too high
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by manlawal(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
What bank are u using

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Tundenoni(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
hahahahahahaha!....

are we not finish?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by macklef(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hehehe, shit is real. I swear this nightmare is just nothing but a nightmare, it should end already.

And yet, our national finance kingpins installed to control the economy still gettung bonuses and allowances for being useless. Steupid country. The devaluation is too much.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Icecream4U(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
There was a country... Enough is enough! Let's all join forces together and vote out PDPigz. They have really distroyed this country for us. It is time for us to be reasonable. If we don't fight this fight by ourselves, nobody will fight it for us.
WE WANT CHANGE!!!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by arbitrage: 12:13am On Dec 03, 2014
slightlyMad:
I tried to make a $1000 payment today and i was charge 190,520 instead of the 180,000 i was charged last week

My card was charged N298.49 per pounds sterling yesterday (by both GTbank and Union) but today I was charged N302.X per pounds sterling by same Union card.

2 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by slightlyMad(f): 12:27am On Dec 03, 2014
I use GTBank,

the annoying part is GTBank uses the current rate at the time the merchant comes requesting from the money which could be 3 days
God knows, the rate could be 200 naira to a dollar by then, and i trust GTBank to come back for the difference.

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by freezyprinzy(m): 1:04am On Dec 03, 2014
hehe in d voice of madam due process *we ain't broke*..buh seriously tho d naira would kip falling especially next year during d election period coz d politicians gona kip pumping in d dollar

2 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 1:45am On Dec 03, 2014
always make use of www.xe.com before ordering, it helps. by the way is it not better to buy dollar than using a card that would charge you more ? mallam sells N183
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 1:48am On Dec 03, 2014
slightlyMad:
I use GTBank,

the annoying part is GTBank uses the current rate at the time the merchant comes requesting from the money which could be 3 days
God knows, the rate could be 200 naira to a dollar by then, and i trust GTBank to come back for the difference.

I don't think Gtbank does that unless they started that recently. The bank card that performs that wonder is First bank visa prepaid naira card. They will deduct at the point of transaction and deduct another money the next day to balance up and would finally deduct another money when it hits their end.

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by arbitrage: 2:00am On Dec 03, 2014
mavinc4u:
always make use of www.xe.com before ordering, it helps. by the way is it not better to buy dollar than using a card that would charge you more ? mallam sells N183

The rate offered by your bank is what prevails and would be applied to your card no matter what XE.com or Google gives though they are official. I think it's better as you said to do bdc/aboki if they offer better rate except that the cash you get from them cannot make payment for what you are ordering online.

6 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by goldtooth: 4:26am On Dec 03, 2014
arbitrage:

The rate offered by your bank is what prevails and would be applied to your card no matter what XE.com or Google gives though they are official. I think it's better as you said to do bdc/aboki if they offer better rate except that the cash you get from them cannot make payment for what you are ordering online.

Well if u have a dorm account and it has a dollar card, u can use the card to make payments when ordering online
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by hopeforcharles(m): 5:25am On Dec 03, 2014
shocked shocked [/i]Men this is serious oh, imagine been charged that high, come to think of it I thought this bank charge C.B.N dollar exchange rate? somebody please educated me about this because it is scary.
imagine I went to market to buy drugs and the guy start telling me dollar has risen and it has affected the prices of drugs lol I Immediately told him the drugs I am buying are made in Nigeria how come he was speechless, just pray they C.B.N do something about this issue[i]

3 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by martyns303(m): 7:12am On Dec 03, 2014
mavinc4u:

Have you got any idea how much is the pounds going for using black market (Mallam)?
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Lucasbalo(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2014
slightlyMad:

That's one of the undoing of a failed leadership. The external foreign reserves that backs up the Naira has been depleted and plus the price of oil has gone down to below$70 from over $100 due to massive oil flow into the market by Saudi Arabia, USA, Canada and Russia. The clueless leadership should have prepare for this but they are busy looting the country dry. Hopefully, things will get better .

7 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 10:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
arbitrage:

I mean xe will give you an edge what Nigeria banks would charge you. if the rate at xe is going up then bank rates would be high like additional $2-$5 to xe rate depending on the bank but if xe is low then same applies to bank rate

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
martyns303:

Have you got any idea how much is the pounds going for using black market (Mallam)?

no idea. I don't use pounds for business
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Awho(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2014
arbitrage:

My card was charged N298.49 per pounds sterling yesterday (by both GTbank and Union) but today I was charged N302.X per pounds sterling by same Union card.

please i've been trying to link my new master card to my paypal account buh they keep requesting for a four digit paypal code and i just dont know where i can find this code and paypal keeps making diductions from my account funny enough this money does not reflect in my paypal account. The've diducted about 8.5k from my account. Please where can i find this four digit code they claim i need to enter to complite my verification? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Pavore9: 8:59am On Dec 04, 2014
lf we individually have what we export, we won't really feel the pinch. My brother exports to East Africa & the foreign exchange he gets he uses to pay for the imports of his raw materials in China which he transfers via igbo boys runs @ N100/$100.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Queendo(f): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2014
As at wednesday I was charged 189 by GTB. And d official rate was 182 then. They are making money frm us indirectly.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
Awho:

please i've been trying to link my new master card to my paypal account buh they keep requesting for a four digit paypal code and i just dont know where i can find this code and paypal keeps making diductions from my account funny enough this money does not reflect in my paypal account. The've diducted about 8.5k from my account. Please where can i find this four digit code they claim i need to enter to complite my verification? Thanks

Check your online banking or call your bank for that

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by tranxo(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Awho:

Woww! 8,500? Are you sure all were from Paypal? I was only charged the equivalent of 1.94USD which was later refunded.

Check the alert on your phone. Within the narration, you will see PAYPAL with some numbers. That's the 4 digit number you are looking for.

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
tranxo:
Woww! 8,500? Are you sure all were from Paypal? I was only charged the equivalent of 1.94USD which was later refunded.
Check the alert on your phone. Within the narration, you will see PAYPAL with some numbers. That's the 4 digit number you are looking for.

yes, it is possible. he must have clicked the confirm button several times without typing the code and they kept deducting. he can get all the money back once he types in the last 4 digits code sent by paypal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
Pavore9:
lf we individually have what we export, we won't really feel the pinch. My brother exports to East Africa & the foreign exchange he gets he uses to pay for the imports of his raw materials in China which he transfers via igbo boys runs @ N100/$100.

which people perform runs of N100/$100. please enlighten me on this
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Awho(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
mavinc4u:

Check your online banking or call your bank for that

thanks mam
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Awho(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
tranxo:

thanks buddy

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by TDstarr: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
v
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Rexphobia(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Your Mastercard or visa card rate is always determined daily and it is often higher than the CBN rate.

My advise, get a dollar card or visa prepaid card and make ur transactions with this card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Firefire(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry

PAINFUL but necessary undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New MTN Internet Bundle Plans And Codes. / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? / Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.