Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,560 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today (21316 Views)

Unfair: See How Much I Was Charged Per Dollar (photos) / I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card / My ATM Card Was Stolen And Money Was Withdrawn Within Hours - Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by a2personal2013: 12:09am On Dec 05, 2014
I thought I was alone on this. Just made a $ 500 USD withdrawal from the ATM here using my Access Bank Visa card. I was surprised it was charged at 185 naira. I was almost calling the bank just before I saw this post. This is serious !

Somebody should correct me, I thought they said the dollar was changing at 168 Naira to a dollar ?
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by ajayiopy: 12:14am On Dec 05, 2014
Guys this is just the beginning, since we have made up to be consuming Items,we will see more of this in 2015 ,unless there is an increase in crude oil price and this could only happened when there is crisis in middle east.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by prof2005: 12:25am On Dec 05, 2014
In black market, usd is 192 now
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by flexxzzy(m): 12:32am On Dec 05, 2014
Awho:

please i've been trying to link my new master card to my paypal account buh they keep requesting for a four digit paypal code and i just dont know where i can find this code and paypal keeps making diductions from my account funny enough this money does not reflect in my paypal account. The've diducted about 8.5k from my account. Please where can i find this four digit code they claim i need to enter to complite my verification? Thanks

it's usually sent to you as text message... check your message from PayPal and you'll see a ××××CODE... that ×××× is d required 4 digit code
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by abbakacici: 1:05am On Dec 05, 2014
i wanted to change $1500 last week @ 185, (277,500) but my useless friend how work at bureau de change told that there are rumors that Ngozi/CBN are working on bring the price down, but i ask today the exchange rate was 192 (288,000)
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 05, 2014
slightlyMad:
I tried to make a $1000 payment today and i was charge 190,520 instead of the 180,000 i was charged last week

I am paying 190k for items i used to buy for 168,000
Can someone tell me what is going on with Nigeria?

And to think that it was once I dollar to 80K
Very sad

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 05, 2014
dollarisation of the economy is the reason we are feeling the drop of crude price.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by kobikwelu(m): 2:06am On Dec 05, 2014
blame oil and falling prices.....

OPEC better dam cut supply to increase prices and ease the demand on the Dollar in the Nigerian market to stem the forced devaluation of our currency
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by redcap: 2:38am On Dec 05, 2014
How much does PayPal charge for a minimum of 1000$ transaction.Someone that has this info should pls help out.thx
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by bigtt76(f): 3:02am On Dec 05, 2014
Typical Visa card way of doing tinz undecided.

mavinc4u:

I don't think Gtbank does that unless they started that recently. The bank card that performs that wonder is First bank visa prepaid naira card. They will deduct at the point of transaction and deduct another money the next day to balance up and would finally deduct another money when it hits their end.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 05, 2014
kobikwelu:
blame oil and falling prices.....

OPEC better dam cut supply to increase prices and ease the demand on the Dollar in the Nigerian market to stem the forced devaluation of our currency
Why should they cut itYou want them to cut it so american shale producers can increase production to fill any gap created by OPEC. That's why Saudi voted against cutting production.

This is just the beginning. By January, 2015, It would sky rocket again. There is presently an inflow of forex from Nigerians based abroad holidaying in Nigeria. By the time they all go back in January, it's gonna get worse.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by beengils: 3:07am On Dec 05, 2014
100Cents:

This is not a PDP issue.

What commodity is your country exporting aside Crude Oil ?

Balance of trade deficit..
...And which party in government are you expecting to do that?
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by onegig(m): 4:27am On Dec 05, 2014
Firefire:
embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry

PAINFUL but necessary undecided
You mind if pray difficulty should be a necessity in your life? Would you say amen?

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by deniyor: 4:30am On Dec 05, 2014
Damn....time to convert my naira to dollars
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by ritapearl(f): 4:42am On Dec 05, 2014
I was charged #188.9/$ by uba today. It's really amazing!
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 05, 2014
slightlyMad:
I tried to make a $1000 payment today and i was charge 190,520 instead of the 180,000 i was charged last week

I am paying 190k for items i used to buy for 168,000
Can someone tell me what is going on with Nigeria?

...there is a fire on the mountain.gej,iweala:they are killing us slowly...

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mployer(m): 5:33am On Dec 05, 2014
Promhize:

You don't need to go the bank, unless you don't receive sms or emails from your bank. The four digits code is located somewhere in those sms and emails. If you still did not get it then you could go to your bank.

The reception you will get from the CC for this type of request my not be pleasant.

You mean he should keep losing money because he doesn't want to get unpleasant reception for issue he is not clear about?

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mployer(m): 5:36am On Dec 05, 2014
zeezahbee:
sincerely i tire ooo, right now am scared to use my gtbank card. its a bad case and it keeps fluctuating. it went down yesterday and high today. it is well

Try access visa card.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by tayoast(m): 5:43am On Dec 05, 2014
redcap:
How much does PayPal charge for a minimum of 1000$ transaction.Someone that has this info should pls help out.thx

Transferred about $2000 to a friend in London yesterday. Paypal hit him with a £70 charge! Dude quickly refunded the money.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mployer(m): 5:43am On Dec 05, 2014
redcap:

4.4% handling charges plus your bank exchange charges.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2014
mployer:

4.4% handling charges plus your bank exchange charges.

4.4%? have they changed their policy and charges? what I know is

3.4% + $0.30 - domestic transfer

3.9% + $0.30 - international transfer
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Anyone can help? i am trying to pay for an online service and anytime i put finish the transaction, it will tell me that i dont have insufficient funds that the transaction not successful. I am using gtb plc naira mastercard for the first time. Please how does this work? am i missing something? or how will i convert the naira to dollar to effect the dollar transaction? Any help? Thanks
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 9:23am On Dec 05, 2014
4bobo:
Anyone can help? i am trying to pay for an online service and anytime i put finish the transaction, it will tell me that i dont have insufficient funds that the transaction not successful. I am using gtb plc naira mastercard for the first time. Please how does this work? am i missing something? or how will i convert the naira to dollar to effect the dollar transaction? Any help? Thanks

the error message explained it all for you; you have insufficient fund, remember the exchange rate is high and could be what is causing it because you miscalculated
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2014
mavinc4u:

the error message explained it all for you; you have insufficient fund, remember the exchange rate is high and could be what is causing it because you miscalculated

i have enough fund, thats my concern
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 9:39am On Dec 05, 2014
4bobo:

i have enough fund, thats my concern

which site are you trying to use it?
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mecus4love(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2014
@op. u are lucky yoir bank charged that. firstbank charged me #192 per dollar two days ago.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
mecus4love:
@op. u are lucky yoir bank charged that. firstbank charged me #192 per dollar two days ago.

Master card or visa card?
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by toluxa1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2014
tayoast:

Transferred about $2000 to a friend in London yesterday. Paypal hit him with a £70 charge! Dude quickly refunded the money.

Guy, how you doing? Longest time o.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by tayoast(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
toluxa1:

Guy, how you doing? Longest time o.

Tolu! I'm doing fine o! It's been like 5yrs now?
I'll add you up on bbm
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by toluxa1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
tayoast:

Tolu! I'm doing fine o! It's been like 5yrs now?
I'll add you up on bbm

Honestly ooo! You still dey this country? We last chatted on yahoo messenger I believe. Alright Bro. Expecting.. .
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by madamoringo(f): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hehehehe...here comes the manifestation of the fresh air! For years, many Nigerians like me have been hammering on the same issues but we were tagged as the "enemies" who did not want "fresh air". Funny, I don't even live in Nigeria and your economy which has been destroyed by Jonathan Wasteful president and Clueless Okonjo Thieving Iweala does not factor in my daily life! I will be laughing at you people as your naira exchanges for N 200+ to $ 1 and worse!

See where Naija is from the FAR BETTER days of Obasanjo!

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
madamoringo:
Hehehehe...here comes the manifestation of the fresh air! For years, many Nigerians like me have been hammering on the same issues but we were tagged as the "enemies" who did not want "fresh air". Funny, I don't even live in Nigeria and your economy which has been destroyed by Jonathan Wasteful president and Clueless Okonjo Thieving Iweala does not factor in my daily life! I will be laughing at you people as your naira exchanges for N 200+ to $ 1 and worse!

See where Naija is from the FAR BETTER days of Obasanjo!

The Naira was devalued the most during obasanjos regime, and if only he had started this process of diversifying our economy, we won't be going through this mess.

This isn't a political thread anyway, but get your facts right next time.

*I know you're a APC warlord from politics section*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? / The New MTN Internet Bundle Plans And Codes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.