Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,243 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 (653 Views)

West Ham Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 9th April 2016 / Arsenal Vs West Ham (0 - 2) On 9th August 2015 / Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by Omooba77: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Arsenal will meet Galatasray in the last game of Group D,it is just purely a novelty game. Arsenal won the reverse fixture 4-1.The game in Istabul comes up on Tuesday 9 Decmeber ;the game will be meaningful if Dortmund looses by as many as four goals and Arsenal beat Galatasray by six nil..

We'll try to stop our opponents, but we'll also try to play. We know our opponents are Arsenal, but we are Galatasaray and we'll fight regardless. It's a plus not having any pressure tomorrow. Our pressure comes from a desire to win. We created this pressure ourselves and it will be beneficial. I would like to thank our fans for their support. I hope this will be reflected positively in our football.

As we have done in previous games, we'll try to press Arsenal up front and not let them leave their half easily. Here our opponents' game plan will be decisive too. Football is not only about attacking – from time to time you may need to defend. Arsenal are a good team. If they react to our pressing we'll try to be strong in defence and hit them with counterattacks. We could win or lose. We set our targets and try to see the bigger picture.

Our formation and mentality will be similar to our previous games. The formation will be a variant of 4-2-3-1. [Aurélien] Chedjou has some problems and we'll try another player in this position [centre-back] in training.

Arsène Wenger, Arsenal manager
I have brought a squad mixed with regulars and six young players. Who knows what result we will get but we will not play under huge stress because we are already guaranteed to be in the knockout stage. The reason I have not brought Alexis Sánchez and Santi Cazorla is because I just wanted them to rest a bit because they have played a lot of matches up to now.

Arsène Wenger named his starting XI
The Turkish are proud people. Galatasaray are the biggest club in Turkey. I have been here before. They will show the quality they have – just like they did when they eliminated Juventus last season. Therefore I expect a tough contest. I really do expect Galatasaray to play well. Although they are last-placed in the group, we can never underestimate them. There is no rule saying you will win every game. We are professional and competitive people. Every game is different for us.

Jack Wilshere will not be with us for three months. My starting 11 against Galatasaray will be [Wojciech] Szczęsny, [Mathieu] Debuchy, [Per] Mertesacker, [Calum] Chambers, [Héctor] Bellerín, [Mathieu] Flamini, [Alex] Oxade-Chamberlain, [Aaron] Ramsey, [Joel] Campell, [Yaya] Sanogo and [Lukas] Podolski. Our six young players will be on the bench

Possible lineups
Galatasaray: Muslera; Tarık Çamdal, Semih Kaya, Hakan Balta, Alex Telles; Felipe Melo, Emre Çolak; Bruma, Burak, Sneijder; Umut Bulut.
• Out: Dzemaili (hamstring), Selçuk İnan (suspended)

Arsenal: Szczęsny; Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Bellerín; Flamini, Oxade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Campbell, Podolski; Sanogo.
• Out: Ospina (thigh), Özil (knee), Diaby (calf), Walcott (groin), Wilshere (ankle)
• Doubtful: Monreal (ankle), Arteta (calf), Rosický (thigh)
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by Omooba77: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2014
Just a classification game
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by Nelson2014(m): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
let's go gunners.i c arsenal winnin champions league
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by olajosy: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nelson2014:
let's go gunners.i c arsenal winnin champions league
Did I hear u say we're winning champions league? Lol! It may happen if baba ijebu buy quality aggresive players and not expired players...
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by chimerase2: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mtcheew
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by ichidodo: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Goooaaall!!!!... Ramsey carried the ball
in midfield before playing it into the path
of Podolski, and despite the tight angle
the German international, he hammered
the ball into the roof of the net. Shaakabula!!
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by ichidodo: 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
GOOOOAAAAAALL!!!!! A fine individual goal from
Ramsey, who just seemed to pass the ball
beyond Bolat into the bottom corner of
the net following some neat link-up play
between Oxlade-Chamberlain and
Podolski.This turning into a rout but we need four more goals to topple BVB from first position..
Re: UCL Group D Galatasray Vs Arsenal Tue 9th Dec ,20:45 by ichidodo: 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
GOOOOOAAALLL!!!! chai there is goduoo....these goals that Ramsey is sharing there is goduuooo!!.. We have just witnessed a strong
contender for goal of the season from
Ramsey, who blasted the ball into the top
corner on the volley from all of 25 yards
out. Shakabula!!

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Executives To Blame For The Cityzens Slump / Where Does Euro Triumph Place Ronaldo Among The All Time Greats / Live : Swansea Vs Liverpool 0 - 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.