Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

My Year 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Year 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (1671 Views)

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) / Nairaland Stories That Made My Year!(2013)! . . . . . / My Year Of Trouble And Sexcapades(myts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Year 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
Chapter 1: In The Very Beginning:

I got up early that Morning (at about 4:30am, I think) on March 24th to Begin my 100 Level Clearance. Then I went into the Bathroom to shower. "Who's in the Shower?", asked my Mom. I didn't answer because I always find it awkward to answer a question while taking a Shower or even talk, sing or make any sounds. Then She got up from the bed, left the Master's bedroom and headed straight to the Kitchen to have the meal prepared, for she knew already that it was me in that bathroom. Maybe it was because I told her the Sunday before, that I'd be leaving home early to do clearance, or maybe it was because She knew so well that I was the one taking a Shower without making a sound from the mouth. I just didn't care about how she knew. All I cared about was te fact that I am now going to be a registered Student of a Renouned University in Nigeria. I did my Shower, came out, had my clothes on, did all my stuff right. Off course I will do that, because I was fully aware that I was going to meet new people; Boys and Girls, expecially the Girls. And now it was about 6:00am or thereabout, and my mom said to me, "Go and have your meal". I wanted to refuse, the whole excitement had made me loose appetite, but, for a woman who got up at about 4:30am because of the showry sounds from the bathroom, to prepare breakfast, what more could I have done? So I pounced on the Rice and Stew. No sooner had I started eating that my elder Brother woke up too. He walked to the living room greeted our Mother and said to me "Na wa ooo. So na Clearance you wan go do na you dey disturb people sleep, shey? By the way, how them dey do the clearance when you dey go this early, abi who wan attend to you by 6 o'clock?". Now, my mom turned to me. And then I replied "the way e be ehm, as them tell me. The queue dey long wehl wehl, so if I want make them clear me quick, I'd better get there on time. So that I can be in front". No sooner had I finished talking when Ohis, who just got Medicine, called on the phone asking me when I'll arive the University for the Clearance. After dropping the call, I looked to my Brother who was now seated and said, "See? They're already calling". "hmmm", he replied. Although He was still have awake and half asleep. I checked my files to see if all the documents were complete. And then I set off for school to commence my clearance. It was now about 6:30am when I left the House. I arrived the University of Benin at about 7:30am, hoping to be among the first 100 persons on the queue. "Oh Shit!", I exclaimed in my head when I saw the thousands of persons standing in front of the auditorium awaiting the officials to begin clearance. I just began to shiver out of worry, until Ohis and Manfred (Manfred just gained admission to study BioChemistry), walking towards the maingate shopping complex to get some things. "Davido! Na now you dey come?" asked Manfred. "Yes oo", Said I. "Guy, quick quick go write your name. I just dey come and I be number 10, Manfred na Number 9.", Ohis said... "How una take do am?" I said to Ohis, who now told me it was Faculty by Faculty. And Manfred was Number 9 in Faculty of Life Sciences and He was number 10 in College of Medical Sciences. "Thank God!", I said out loud. "Abeg, Pharmacy people don many?" I continued. "I never really see any sha, but If you quick now, you fit be number 5 or so. Just go sha", said Manfred to Me. So I horried to the auditorium with some Swags put on to Impress the Ladies around. On getting to the Auditorium, I met the Queue of Pharmacy Students. "Yay!" I exclaimed. "I thought we were few na", I thought to myself as I walked towards the queue with my swag already dying down. Then I met Joshua, Frank, and the Others that I have been chatting with on Facebook. We stood on the queue till about 8:00am when the Cheif Clearance officer came to address us all. Here started our journey in UNIBEN, which was fondly called UNISTRESS by those I have asked about the school. And Now, the School is about to prove to me why it is called UNISTRESS. So we matched to Unity Bank on a Single File, like Ant Workers Match on a single file to their hill, to get a Record file. I struggled to get a place in the queue. I found one, through the back door. Did my Payments and headed now to the Bursery Department to register the Teller. Another queue, and now, the stress began. After standing on the queue at the Bursery department for another 2 hours, the SWAG I had earlier put on was now completely dead. So I registered my Payment Teller at the bursery department that now handed me a reciept and matched back to the Anditorium to begin clearance. As I matched back, I went into a shop to get a bottle of Lacasera. A friend had earlier predicted that I'll consume very much amount of Lacasera and I argued it. So I walked back to the Auditorium feeling refreshed only to begin another Horrible Clearance Moment...

To Be Continued...

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Where the leopard passes / A Must Read Story Of A Faithfull Dog / Paradigm Shift - A New Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.