Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon (17376 Views)

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab / Pls Suggest A Hair Darkning Cream For Me / I Just Had A Hair Cut ''moromoro'' , (my New Look With Pics) Horrible or Nice ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
I have been making my hair for years, here are some people I have met in the hair-dressing salon...you have probably met them too...hehe.

Nursing/Lactating Mother: This is the client who has recently had a baby, and decides to bring the little one along. Other clients may be seen playing with the baby while the mother washes her hair___ sometimes she comes with a help. Due to her condition, people may end up giving up their turn(s) for her to be attended to.

Bride to Be: This set are very insatiable....well, I don't blame them. everyone wanna look like a barbie that day (wedding day). They would keep showing the stylist pics of Kim-K and how they want their hair to be very similar to that. You may see her with her crew (Chief bridesmaid/bridesmaids)

Miss Natural: You will find her rocking her low-cut or dreadlocks. She would give you a full-on hair lesson on how she revived her receding hairline and how you can do that too. She is very confident of her natural hair.

The Handsome Dude That stops By: Some babez can intimidate someone sha. This guy might come around to give his girlfriend who is hungry __ meatpie/icecream or probably to pick her up, after she has made her hair.
Make no mistakes, he comes with a car and pays the bills (sometimes)...lol.

The Business Woman: Her aim in the salon is to familiarise and market her products__ usually ladies frequently used/purchased items e.g earrings/tops/weaves/powder etc.

Little Diva: She comes in with her "Caprisome"...she needs it to stay quiet. Accompanied by her mum/elder sister/house help...to make her back to school hair, preferably "shuku and base" .

The enthusiastic Graduate/Undergraduate: I wonder if they didn't believe they would go to school...lol.
They are always like "in my school, ehn"..."when I was in school ehn...". Their talk is school related,each trying to speak well/otherwise of her school.

The Assistant: She/He is in charge of washing/relaxing hair. Always friendlier than the other stylist...no-one really wants him/her to maker her hair. they don't trust her styling skills (I wonder how she go grow...).

The Pro-stylist: This stylist runs the shop, @ a point he/she might not make any random hair, but that of regular/VIP customers. She has done hair for Omotola and Genevieve...name them.

VIP customer: Once she parks her jeep, the stylist might even leave you to go get a bag, usually a middle-aged lady. She exudes this aura, tells them to put that movie she was watching the last time she came...lol

Impatient Customer: She is always in a hurry, making it look like every other customer there is jobless. She would wanna jump the queue, usually a regular customer, the stylist has a way of attending to her and another customer simultaneously.

Amanpour(s): She knows everything/everybody. She is a gossip, she would even ask questions aimed @knowing you better... I don't like this lady.

The Focused customer: This is me, I don't like to meddle in petty salon gossips.
She comes in to the salon, makes her hair and leaves...#noTime

Feel free to add yours.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by lalasticlala(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
what about the gossip?

3 Likes

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by kelechiMarie(f): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ha its been long since i visited a salon.
But that salon sef?My hairdresser's assistants gossip about all d customers and dem nor know work Mmmtcheew
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by valmunich(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
What should I comment

Lemme wait till there's one for a barbing saloon cool

1 Like

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Lero15(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
grin grin

Great post
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by chibwike(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Heencase
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by englishmart(m): 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
Oooooh gush!
Not again.
Crystal palace, una fada. Shey na una cut my #3.532m ko?
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie
Which category do u fall into?
I also noticed u blushed abt d Gurl who's got her man by her maybe to deliver appetizers and later pay bills..
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Lilimax(f): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
I'm fascinated with the little Diva description. " She comes in with her "Caprisome"...she needs it to stay quiet. Accompanied by her mum/elder sister/house help...to make her back to school hair, preferably "shuku and base" .

Lol @ shuku and base .

5 Likes

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by thatniqqress(f): 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
Is  reading

Hope the gossips are there sha?

The ones that will be looking without sense
Maybe cus your hair is long/short

1 Like

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
The one's that we come to the stylist to always brush her hair for her and the one's gossip about men and their boyfriend.

Wow front page.
I said it tosyne2much your charm dey work.

1 Like

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by holatin(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
The customer care type.
She go receive like 15 different call for one hour
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by monemsis(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by simplemach(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
I'll ask my babe if this is true then i will come back and comment
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by mencade6: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
seun and ishilove, make una take am easy. You guys are rushing us today oooo.

People are still at work and some will close late by 6pm, i need them to atleast see the spaces i have booked but how can they when you people are bombarding us with topics like this.

Abeg small small oooo

1 Like

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by jerflakes(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
O boy, the Nairaland is getting stronger by the second.

More mb to your phones.
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Nelsizzy(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
I dnt go to galz saloon....we shave wit razor.
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by gideonedwards(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
really??. so when I stop by to pay d bills am noticed. hmmmn
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by slightlyMad(f): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
thats me up there, amanpour. tongue
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by olayincar(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
grin grin
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Maczeelly(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
K
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Alenkakent(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nawao

What's this doing on fp... These kain moderators sef... Una well done sir o... I just dey hail una nio

Get ur affordable spy watch @ my signature

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Adesam09(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
ok
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by honeyad(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
mencade6:
seun and ishilove, make una take am easy. You guys are rushing us today oooo.

People are still at work and some will close late by 6pm, i need them to atleast see the spaces i have booked but how can they when you people are bombarding us with topics like this.

Abeg small small oooo

U wan give seun new work? undecided if he doesn't post topics to the front page who will ? undecided
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Pavore9: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
laughing..... cheesy
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by prinzadey(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
ok
Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by niggereyez(f): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
1) There is this category of girls you find on campus... especially at saloons wit male hairdressers. . ( some seriously macho handsome guyz)...

I call them 'attention seekers'...
so this type of girl walks into d saloon wearing a micro mini skirt... and guess what?...:she just wants to fix her BIG TOE... undecided lipsrsealed

2) The 'borrow borrow'... these kind of customers are very familiar wit d owner of d saloon. they tend to pop in at random to use the colour spray or apply hair oil.

3) The clueless JJC stylist... she fit mix ur relaxer wit conditioner (instead of activator) if u no put eye..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon by Anaskie(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
I don't even know what to type.

Lemme read the topic again.
Topic read.

I've never even been to a hair-dressing saloon before.

Sorry for taking up this last space on frontpage.
tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Starch Clothing / Stylish Etibo Men Traditional Wears For Elite Men / Izuchukwu Anoliefo Wins 3rd In Mr Universal Ambassador In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.