Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? (29156 Views)

Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / Pls Which Bank Pays Highest / Which Oil Company In Nigeria Pays Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2006
@ crito please calm down and use good syntax to tell what and what u don't know.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by jill(f): 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2006
Starry, i have just been invited for pre- employment medical by GTB and i have to say that your promising to let nairalanders know about recruitment at gtb is kinda giving a wrong impression.

Gtb is currently recruiting staff. They always have about two groups of trainees in their training school. Do drop your cv at their head office, Oyin Jolayemi, VI, and if you meet the requirements, you'll be invited for a test which will be administered by kimberly ryan. Mind, the entire process, from application to training school may take over 3 months.

Elampiro, i really appreciate your post. Please let us know whatever else you have to share on the banking industry.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by crito(m): 1:53am On Aug 30, 2006
no long-thing? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by crito(m): 2:00am On Aug 30, 2006
@ferdimako, na you sabi, mr lecturer? use good syntax too aight!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by ten(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2006
this 2 mill, 1.8 mill, 1.6 mill., you guys wouldnt know till your in it , i work in one of the claimed highest bank, but i tell you all that glitters are definately not gold.the stress level, i can tell you that one, [b][/b]ITS KILLING
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by dakmanzero(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2006
Tell them o.

People. At the end the difference is minimal. Will u work ata place that kills u just for an extra .1 million as opposed to a condusive working environment? choose based on the job itself not the package.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by jill(f): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2006
crito:

no long-thing? shocked shocked shocked

@ crito,

definitely no long thing.
got my iv for training school today grin cheesy cool
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by newjobs: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2006
u guys talk so much as per how much banks pay.what about unemployed graduates don't u know they will be tempted to go into dubious means to get so much money .As 4 me i don;t mind going into G work.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Goshen360(m): 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2006
hey guys,

I dey enjoy this jist abi na topic una call am but wheather one bank pay more or another one pay less, JUST MAKE PEPE REST FOR NAIJA GUYS, cool cool cool
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by dearie(m): 5:09am On Sep 02, 2006
Guys,

I need you guys to understand something, the offer letters from these banks read as much as 1.8M 0r even 2M, but the question is 'what is the take home salary monthly'?

was disappointed when I got an offer from a bank with very eye-catching bulk remuneration, but after the break-down, i was surprised at what was to be my take home.

Combined with, is the stress of meeting some set targets.

However, I love the bank, I dont know about others, but we are like a family and one has to be grateful to God 'cos there are a lot of unemployed graduate out there that wouldn't mind half-the-pay for the same job.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by LanreDaMan(m): 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2006
dont know for others but

for eco Bank they pay 1.135milln naira P.a

But ETB pass 2.0 m

Confirmed
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by beamz(m): 4:34pm On Sep 14, 2006
I love Nairaland spirit. ETB pays highest presently
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by sagacious(f): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2006
What of SKYLEO Bank? how much do they pay per annum? any idea please?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by haryor: 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2006
UBA has the lowest renumeration n the greatest stress level for now.their employees resign every second of the day.
no wonder they write tests every saturday
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by alinco2(f): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2006
jill as the initiator of this topic,
u can as well write the MDs of these
bank and get accurate figures from them.
for dat we have accurate fact grin grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by duttybarb(f): 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2006
money shld nt b our motivation. how bout ur careers? stress? satisfaction? all dese salaries drop afta tax so pls wake up frm ur slumber
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by abayomy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2006
smileyzenith!
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Edken: 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2006
hi all
diamond bank is the best place to work.i will substantiate later. please bear with me.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Ayemakata(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2006
u guys are clamouring over the best paying banks in nigeria,what about the least paying banks?i feel most of the old generation banks i.e union bank,first bank.afribank e.t.c pay far less compared to the so called new generation banks, or what do you think?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by ishmael(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2006
afribank should be d least paying bank.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by forgiven(m): 4:52am On Oct 06, 2006
Is it supposed to be a question of how much you have stated in your letter of employment or how much your take home is at the end of the month/year? I know guys who got letters of employment that reads mil per annum but take home has been 50K for the past five months that they join. Maybe they will get it after they complete their probation though, we don't knw. But a friend in another bank that completed his probation few months back did not make up to 60 percent of what he had in his letter. His second year is coming to a end in less than three month, he has not made 70 percent of what his letter stated so what are we talking? Think the take home pay should be considered and not the "paper pay",
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by jill(f): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2006
alinco2:

jill as the initiator of this topic,
u can as well write the MDs of these
bank and get accurate figures from them.
for that we have accurate fact grin grin grin

Alinco2, will do as soon as u get me their e mail adds.
duttybarb:

money shld nt b our motivation. how bout your careers? stress? satisfaction? all dese salaries drop after tax so please wake up frm your slumber

Yea yea duttybarb
we know salaries drop after tax, thats why we want to know which nigerian bank pays best. Get?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by UgoChick: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2006
I know 4 a fact zenith pays 1.6 'on paper' but in reality they pay much much less but wit PLENTY of wrk. D highest is Etb 2.2
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by oreofe(f): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2006
it is very easy for u to call million like melon.

when u get into banking industry u will realise that the money u hear from outside.

is not monthly but a combination of upfront,monthly salary,productivity and the rest.

the monthly salary is not 200,000 as u said oh.

abt who pays the highest it was etb followed closely by oceanic.

bt now oceanic earns the same if not higher cos the salary has just been increased this month
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Seun(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2006
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Chibabe1(f): 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2006
All these wan wey una dey talk sef.

What about FCMB? Does any body know about that bank?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by molasco(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2006
ETB is the highest paid. u wan apply? hope say u get 2.1 from university, Polytechnic grad dont bother.

As per FCMB, someone told me they pay more than their profit. I dont know how he got the info i beg.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by cushman(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2006
Why aint you guys mentioning first bank? It's also one of the best paying banks grin
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by nkenk(f): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2006
hello people !Nobody is saying anything about first city monoument bank.whats their pay like? and the stress level.heard its a good bank anyways
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Eeyore(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2006
For a fresh graduate, FCMB pays 1.9m. But the catch is this- part of the pay is guaranteed, while part is based on your productivity.

I should know 'cos I work there. As for the stress level, it is nothing more than what is obtainable in other banks.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by kentoma: 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2006
starry pls as soon as u hear any info as regards recruitment for your bank pls holla @ me on this add. kentoma2005@yahoo.com.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? by Mystique(f): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2006
Yeah, ETB is the highest (for now)

But its followed closely by Oceanic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria? / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.