Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! (18987 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Outcome Of LASG Civil Svc Comm Screening Exercise / Outcome Of Dangote Drivers Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by kowema(f): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
This one is not I heard it, I know a friend who works for two different banks as a DSA( Direct Selling Agent), the glorified name for marketer. One of the job is paying 35k and the other 40k.

I asked her a simple question whether the job doesn't clash especially where she has to deal with same set of customers?, and she said it does clash because she went back to her old customers to open accounts with this new and different bank and she said most of them chased her away Lol. For the job of 40k, she said her target is 3,000,000 in a month and 27,000,000 in six months and I screamed!

Lol, I don't blame her though, imagine a graduate being paid this kind of peanuts and yet that's all the entitlement, transport, feeding, up keep all in 40k, in this crazy city of Lagos were transport alone can send one packing to the village. Outsourcing has spoilt plenty things.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by zubby29(m): 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
outsourcing is not good at all,u wont understand untill wen u are in

6 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by kowema(f): 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
zubby29:
outsourcing is not good at all,u wont understand untill wen u are in
Trust me, I av an idea...Painful how them Indians n Chinese come here and offer cheap labour but not with their people but us

3 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by zubby29(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
its equal to slavery,d tin is dat if u are not mentally strong u can break down doin outsourcing job i will equal it to racism
kowema:

Trust me, I av an idea...Painful how them Indians n Chinese come here and offer cheap labour but not with their people but us

2 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
I rejeced several offers for field marketer and jump into field research and to tell you, its not funny when it is not direct government or NGO job.
But if you are into marketing, the experience can help you some day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by raayah(f): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
kowema:
This one is not I heard it, I know a friend who works for two different banks as a DSA( Direct Selling Agent), the glorified name for marketer....one of the job is paying 35k and the other 40k.....I asked her a simple question whether the job doesn't clash especially where she has to deal with same set of customers?, and she said it does Clash Cus she went back to her old customers to open accounts with this new and different bank and she said most of them chased her away Lol...For the job of 40k, she said her target is 3,000,000 in a month n 27,000,000 in six months and I screamed.......Lol..I don't blame her dou, Imagine a graduate being paid
This kind of peanuts and yet that's all the entitlement, Transport, feeding , up keep all in 40k, in this crazy city of Lagos were transport alone can send one packing to the village.......[b]Out sourcing [/b]has spoilt plenty things

Outsourcing to who??
Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by raayah(f): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
kowema:
This one is not I heard it, I know a friend who works for two different banks as a DSA( Direct Selling Agent), the glorified name for marketer....one of the job is paying 35k and the other 40k.....I asked her a simple question whether the job doesn't clash especially where she has to deal with same set of customers?, and she said it does Clash Cus she went back to her old customers to open accounts with this new and different bank and she said most of them chased her away Lol...For the job of 40k, she said her target is 3,000,000 in a month n 27,000,000 in six months and I screamed.......Lol..I don't blame her dou, Imagine a graduate being paid
This kind of peanuts and yet that's all the entitlement, Transport, feeding , up keep all in 40k, in this crazy city of Lagos were transport alone can send one packing to the village.......[b]Out sourcing[/b]has spoilt plenty things

Outsourcing to who??
Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by 100Cents: 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sharp girl.

Man must wack...

3 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
Na wa ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by ojun50(m): 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sometime i ask my self wht i my doing in lagos, if i look@ hw much i spend on transport, feeding nd all that plus babe too.
Man most wack my broda

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
marketing..that is something i will never do

6 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2014
Marketing job in a bank without Ak47,or strong Juju to convince customer,or intimidate them to save in my bank is a no-no for me.

5 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 04, 2014
I take Out Sourcing Jobs to be a 'Monkey dey work Barboon dey chop' thing. I so hate it ehen! Yuck*

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by abdulwastecx(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2014
kowema:

Because we allow them to take up opportunities tgat we can easily do ourselves.

Nigerians and people in her government have these mentality called " slave mentality" brown skin people are assumed to be more intelligent, hence we technically end up been third class citizens in our country
Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by AngelicaDivine(f): 10:12am On Dec 04, 2014
This is modern day slavery
Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Spicylate(f): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2014
And thats why anything Marketing or any baptized name for marketing, i never ever apply.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by onatisi(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2014
Spicylate:
And thats why anything Marketing or any baptized name for marketing, i never ever apply.
there is nothing wrong in marketing jobs, what is wrong is the attitude of nigerian employers and employee to it. How can you pay someone 35k and give the person a target of 3million monthly! That is pure sheer wickedness. My company in nigeria employs 3 marketers and those marketers don't even report to office . The company gives them a target of 750k monthly but a salary of 70k ,this excludes bonuses on more sales. They are very happy with it and many of them are already planning on starting their own business.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Spicylate(f): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2014
onatisi:
there is nothing wrong in marketing jobs, what is wrong is the attitude of nigerian employers and employee to it. How can you pay someone 35k and give the person a target of 3million monthly! That is pure sheer wickedness. My company in nigeria employs 3 marketers and those marketers don't even report to office . The company gives them a target of 750k monthly but a salary of 70k ,this excludes bonuses on more sales. They are very happy with it and many of them are already planning on starting their own business.
still dont like it.

6 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by ednut1(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
I remember after service I sent my cv to an investment bank. Dey invited me for interview 'account executive'. Nt knowing it was marketing o. Tot it was accounting work. They told me 30m treasury bills nd bonds target montly hahaha. Commission basis. I just Waka comot

2 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by kowema(f): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
ednut1:
I remember after service I sent my cv to an investment bank. Dey invited me for interview 'account executive'. Nt knowing it was marketing o. Tot it was accounting work. They told me 30m treasury bills nd bonds target montly hahaha. Commission basis. I just Waka comot
Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by blemon44(m): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
kk
Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Sharon6(f): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Monkey dey work baboons dey chop. Nigerian universities keep churning out graduates in thousands into the Labor market every year.. Yet there are no jobs in sight, being self employed sef requires a lot of patience and perseverance as so many factors will frustrate you out of business in no time if you're not careful. I weep for my dear country Nigeria, imagine a graduate having to work two jobs to make 75k monthly. Minus transportation, feeding and accommodation in a city like Lagos what will be left at the end of the month is a meagre amount

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS!!! CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

3 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by KidProgrammer(m): 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hmm.just wondering how this person go dey cope sef

1 Like

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by ibrutex(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
Its simple just get a bounce check written 3million naira with 29th day of the month , collect salary waka shap shap

2 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Iykebestbt(m): 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
I've always said that Bank Job is like a pit. People inside wants to jump out while those outside wants to jump inside

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by dridowu: 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
All is well
Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by rozayx5(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
a degree is just a paper. how you utilise it determines your future

paying a fresh graduate anything less than 80k is slavery

most undergrads think life is rosy. they dont develop themselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by Iykebestbt(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
Slavery indeed

2 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by musicwriter(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
I think Nigerian companies are generally greedy. The Federal government and the CBN should look into this and stop this bank policies that overly put pressure on staffs, even forcing them into immoral acts.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Marketers Now Accept Double Job Offers: Outcome Of Slave Salary! by msmon(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hmm! And that's why I hate banking job (regardless of capacity) passionately. Modern day slavery.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Domestic Helper Who Cleans & Runs Errands. Sango Ota. 50k/month / Federal Character Commision Recruiting Graduates / N-power Jobs: FG Has Appointed Focal Persons For 36 States Including Lagos – Pre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.