Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Stage Fright - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stage Fright (471 Views)

Stage Fright..your Personal Experience / Stage Fright: How To Overcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stage Fright by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 04, 2014
its twenty minutes to the starting time,i stood shaking and trying to remember what i had crammed into my head.i felt nervous and i fidgetted with the debate booklet,my heart doing a mad race.my palms were sweaty. I felt like dashing out of the hall but i thought twice about it , i trusted my classmates.if i ran out of the hall i would be called a coward till the end of my days there as a student. I glanced at my wristwatch and i nearly urinated on my body,i scampered out of the hall towards the ladies,i pulled open the door and nearly screamed as i saw kehind my co-debator throwing up in the tiolet.
I stared at my shaking hands and shooked my head,my heart thumping wildly.
I glanced at my wristwatch it was five minutes to go.
Kehinde stubbornly refused to leave with me,she claimed she was not feeling fine.
I felt annoyed,as i walked towards the podium.i was cheered by my classmates,i saw some asking if i was the only one representing my class.
As i sat down on the seat provided i fixed my gaze on my sandals,i remianed that way till i was called...
Trust me,i got up and shakingly took the microphone,what happened next i couldnt tell,words poured out from my lips,the fear deserted me at the last minute.
Have you ever felt that way before?

1 Like

Re: Stage Fright by Dahjhi: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2014
subscribing
Re: Stage Fright by Cholls(m): 6:56am On Dec 04, 2014
My sister yes though I started the first 2 minutes poorly but I picked up by listening to myself it really helped me gain more confidence.

(1) (Reply)

She Left U To Get Married In 2014: Let's Do This / Share The Experiences Of Your Noise Making Shoes / Niger, Benin, Mali, Cameroun More Prosperous Than Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.