Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! (23939 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / Let's Expose The Various Strategies Required To Make Money In Nigeria. / Lets Expose Scammers Here, Please Read Before You Transact: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by jamace(m): 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2009
PASTORJOSH, PASTORJ and MADAMJOY are disturbing this forum with their 419 offers. Moderator, please, is there no way their IP addresses could be blocked. By the way, the 3 crooks seem to be the same person using different ID. Moderato please protect us from these scammers.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by showkay(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2009
APART FROM MEETING THEIR BANKS, THE MODERATOR CAN ALSO HELP CALL SOME OF THEM OR VISIT SOME WHO ARE IN LAGOS, THE ACTIVITIES OF THESE SCAMMERS AFFECT THOSE OF US WHO WANT TO DO LEGITIMATE BUSINESS, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US NOT BASED IN LAGOS. ITS VERY BAD AND ANNOYING. sad
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by dustydee: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2009
the addresses they gave are fake.abuja address is the german embassy
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by onax: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2009
well that goes to show,  Deal with the person in person, not through phone or e-mail wink wink wink it teends to reduce the risks of being scammed
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by olalekan1(m): 11:08am On Feb 02, 2009
There should be a link up between this so call NL scammers with one Goldlinkups who sell e-gold and now dealing with liberty reserve. Anybody knows about this should pls tell the whole house. Goldlinkups are they scammers too. the guy is owing me more than 200$ up till now. Pls i need Goldlinkups full contact/office address.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by olalekan1(m): 11:08am On Feb 02, 2009
There should be a link up between this so call NL scammers with one Goldlinkups who sell e-gold and now dealing with liberty reserve. Anybody knows about this should pls tell the whole house. Goldlinkups are they scammers too. the guy is owing me more than 200$ up till now. Pls i need Goldlinkups full contact/office address.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by HAH: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
My fellow forumite i got this in my mail box :

Dear Friend,
My name is Senpreneur Olasunkanmi Saliu (a.k.a Ola Computer) your friend at nairaland.com with the username: infogiver.
I was one of the attendees of the all-expense-paid Scholarship in the “Basic Certificate Course in Entrepreneur” in August last year www.sen2020.com?olacomputer That is why I addressed myself as a Senpreneur.
During the programme, we were taught how to do business by the book and with the fear of God. That is to say, to be successful in any business, you need to have integrity, be honest and also have the fear of God in you.
Enough of all the stories. I have an information for you but I would like to know if you will be interested or not by answering the question. The question is this, “Would you like to know how to browse the internet (for) 24hrs with N500 only and make millions connecting other people”?
If you answer yes to the above question, then to download a free report on how it works and how you can make money with it, then click on the link below:

http://www.broadbandinternetbrowsing.com

OR

http://www.softpay.org/shop.htm and click the e-cover

I received a powerful testimony from someone that download the report, he said - Subject: You make me rich overnight.
He continued by saying - I made 90,000 naira the first day I connect my Internet browser. I collected 15,000 naira each from six people to connect them,
If you've not click on the clink above, click now to download your own copy of the free report and read the testimony yourself.
The link again is:

http://www.broadbandinternetbrowsing.com

OR

http://www.softpay.org/shop.htm and click the e-cover

To your online success.
Your friend,

Senpreneur Olasunkanmi SALIU

(a.k.a Ola Computer)

NB: Your New Year Gift is an e-book titled “How to Build Profitable Websites Fast! The Best Strategies for Making Money Online Quickly by Joel Comm currently selling @ $47
The e-book is attached to this mail. To download it, click on the file name “BuildAWebsiteFast.pdf”

AND ALSO THIS

Hello Dear,
How are you today i hope you are fine. my name is miss jennifer,
iam a yung lady i saw your profile today at(www.nairaland.com)
and i became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,
I hope you will be the true loving, honest, trutfull,
God faring,trustworld,sincere, and caring man,
that I have been looking for,
And I have something special to tell you about myself,
So please reply me now so that I will send you my picture and
tell you what i want to tell you about my self.
God bless you.
Yours sincerely jennifer.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by hamson4u: 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2009
PLEASE ALL BECAREFUL NOT TO BE SCAMMED BY ALL THESE UNSCRUPULOUS PEOPLE angry angry angry angry
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by deb(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2009
@ HAH

U sure say na woman send you that mail.
That Jennifer fit be James o. tongue

Be careful!
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by edeafia: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
I REGREAT TO SAY I'VE BEEN SCAMMED BY THIS SO CALLED HARRIS INVESTMENT. WHO SEND THEIR POST TO NAIRALAND. I USED TO THINK NAIRALANDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE AND READY TO HELP ONEANOTHER. BEWARE OF www.harrisinvestment..com. they scammed me to the tune of N10,000. I will do my best to tack them down
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Toks2008(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

I will go straight to the point concerning e-currency transactions.

NEVER EVER PAY INTO ANYBODY'S BANK ACCOUNT. INSIST ON FACE TO FACE TRANSACTION. IF THEY INSIST THEN VISIT THEIR OFFICE FIRST TO BE SURE THEY EXIST. IF YOU CANT VISIT THEIR OFFICE DUE TO YOUR LOCATION, THEN FORGET THEM AND LOOK ELSEWHERE. DONT EVER SETTLE FOR LESS OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Toks
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by jamace(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

I will go straight to the point concerning e-currency transactions.

NEVER EVER PAY INTO ANYBODY'S BANK ACCOUNT. INSIST ON FACE TO FACE TRANSACTION. IF THEY INSIST THEN VISIT THEIR OFFICE FIRST TO BE SURE THEY EXIST. IF YOU CANT VISIT THEIR OFFICE DUE TO YOUR LOCATION, THEN FORGET THEM AND LOOK ELSEWHERE. DONT EVER SETTLE FOR LESS OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

END OF DISCUSSION.
Please give us details of any one that has scammed you.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Toks2008(m): 9:48pm On Feb 08, 2009
I wrote this on: October 25, 2008, 06:27 PM i had to extract this from my achive

Hi Nairalanders,

Please i am using this medium to warn every user of these online accounts to avoid patronising people who claim to operate e-currencies esxchange services online.

If you must fund your online account of any kind, please visit their office and let them fund your acount first before handing your money over to them.

NEVER PAY TO ANYBODY BANK ACCOUNT AND I REPEAT NEVER PAY TO ANY MERCHANTS ACCOUNT

I am talking about Nigerian exchangers who claim they will fund your e-currency accounts thereby stealing your money.

Many of them use GTB(Guarantee trust bank) just for you to pay the money and never have your account funded.

These GOD forsaken sons of the devil go as far as building websites for their criminal act. Can you beat that?

Any merchant who discourages you from coming to their office for instant funding should be avoided like plague.

A guy by name Chris okeke with Gtb account number 2032265591590 who claims to run an exchange firm by name webpayNigeria just scammed me.

As for visa/master cards

Please i will advise you to get these from our banks here in Nigeria and avoid these online card merchants. I got duped by Tru-cards.com to the tune of N40,000 to get a virtual visa card.

A word is enough for the wise.

I rest my case

Toks
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by all4u1: 6:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
Naija sha! May God help us oh!!!
You just need to know, that all these get-rich-quick of a thing, is nothing but get-poor-quick.
They are almost everywhere!
It's high time we become wise!!! cool
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by rhotimi: 9:37pm On Feb 09, 2009
Its rather unfutunate that some unscruplus people will take advantage of every single oppurtunity to perpetrate evil.B4 the internet came defrauding was an offline crime,now with the internet around this crime is now enjoying cyber priviledges in a totally balistic manner.

The only way out is BE WATCHFULL!,SHINE YOUR EYES LIKE THEY SAY.There is a limit to how scammers and their nefariouse activities can be controlled because you don't even know if the guy next to you can be trusted,but falling victim can be controlled if we are carefull enough.

ROTIMI ATOLAGBE
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by franel79(m): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2009
God Punish All Of Them ( Scammers). Naija Area-ans Bad Oh. To Avoid Being Scammed Simply Deal With Business Men With Registered Business Names. Always Confirm Their Biz Names Before Dealing With Them. By So Doing You Can Actually Trace Them Through Their Bank Accounts And Take Legal Actions Or Even Employ The Men In Black To Take Control. With Only N1,500 Police Man Go Turn Your Case Into Him Own. Shake Them.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Infoprof: 1:18am On Feb 14, 2009
I sympatize with you OPS E. I still wonder how you could part with 100k without dealing with a registered company. I dont think you lost on all counts;at least your experience is now motivating you to do greater good to a large number of people.Ride on bros.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by chiomy4u: 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2009
please naira landers please dont ever pay your money to any get rich quick or person u dont know, i lost my N400,000 to some dupe who claims to be forex traders who manage your funds for you. their web address is www.ffincome.com. PLEASE BE WARE
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by cvibe: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2009
chiomy how can you read the following on their website and still go ahead to deposit money.

Do you not know by now that anything online that is private, confidential, don't tell anybody stories are scams?

They do not have any physical contact address etc yet you go drop money.

Rules & Agreements.

Please read the following rules carefully before signing in.

You agree to be of legal age in your country to partake in this program, and in all the cases your minimal age must be 18 years.

VIP Forex Pro is not available to the general public and is opened only to the qualified members of VIP Forex Pro, the use of this site is restricted to our members and to individuals personally invited by them. Every deposit is considered to be a private transaction between the VIP Forex Pro and its Member.

As a private transaction, this program is exempt from the US Securities Act of 1933, the US Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the US Investment Company Act of 1940 and all other rules, regulations and amendments thereof. We are not FDIC insured. We are not a licensed bank or a security firm.

You agree that all information, communications, materials coming from VIP Forex Pro are unsolicited and must be kept private, confidential and protected from any disclosure. Moreover, the information, communications and materials contained herein are not to be regarded as an offer, nor a solicitation for investments in any jurisdiction which deems non-public offers or solicitations unlawful, nor to any person to whom it will be unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.

All the data giving by a member to VIP Forex Pro will be only privately used and not disclosed to any third parties. VIP Forex Pro is not responsible or liable for any loss of data.

You agree to hold all principals and members harmless of any liability. You are investing at your own risk and you agree that a past performance is not an explicit guarantee for the same future performance. You agree that all information, communications and materials you will find on this site are intended to be regarded as an informational and educational matter and not an investment advice.

We reserve the right to change the rules, commissions and rates of the program at any time and at our sole discretion without notice, especially in order to respect the integrity and security of the members' interests. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to review the current terms.

VIP Forex Pro is not responsible or liable for any damages, losses and costs resulting from any violation of the conditions and terms and/or use of our website by a member. You guarantee to VIP Forex Pro that you will not use this site in any illegal way and you agree to respect your local, national and international laws.

Don't post bad vote on Public Forums and at Gold Rating Site without contacting the administrator of our program FIRST. Maybe there was a technical problem with your transaction, so please always CLEAR the thing with the administrator.

We will not tolerate SPAM or any type of UCE in this program. SPAM violators will be immediately and permanently removed from the program.

VIP Forex Pro reserves the right to accept or decline any member for membership without explanation.

If you do not agree with the above disclaimer, please do not go any further.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by spoilt(f): 1:09am On Feb 18, 2009
I'm suprised that you guys are falling for these cheap scams. We are Nigerians and we know these scams are all over the place. Why do business with someone you dont know well and who has no known physical location? Im sorry for your losses. Just dont be so trusting next time.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by niyyie(m): 5:35am On Feb 18, 2009
Nairaland is only a reflection of the Nigerian reality. Scammers are abound: online and offline. So, beware.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by franclin88(m): 11:30pm On Feb 19, 2009
scamers are all over in Nigeria both online and off line, a guy i know very well scam me this January of 15500 and is on run since them till now, why cant we give ourself little respect and do positive thing for ourselves, it is shameful, every body want to be a millionaire over night, it doesn't work like that, if you are scammed get the bank information and fish the person out, but still know that there are real persons like me who are truthful and are ready to do business with you, not all are scammers but be wise like dove friends.

lets be matured, and grow, the sky is not our limit.

God bless you all
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by MrCrackles(m): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
Old people, small people, scammers just dey ride una anyhow

Mugus
! grin cheesy
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by chamotex(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
Shout out to all the Maga's in the building? grin grin grin grin

Y'all need to be careful. The truth is why do business with someone online. It's obvious that 80% of these people are scammers.

Nigerians sef like awoof grin
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by rasputinn(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2009
chamotex:

Y'all need to be careful. The truth is why do business with someone online. It's obvious that 80% of these people are scammers.

Nigerians sef like awoof grin

You couldn't be more accurate man,
Come to think of it,man is instinctively a selfish animal,the Nigerian man even the more,so why would you believe someone that comes here spewing bollocks,promising heaven and earth returns on phoney online biz,to the ones that have fallen for the cheap scam,I got word for you;SERVES Y'ALL RIGHT,I only hope y'all have learnt from your burnt fingers.If their proposals were half as true as they make believe,I assure you they'd guard it so jealously to ensure no other person discovers and reaps from such online transactions.
In any case,despite all the revelations above,I know that even right now as we speak,some dumb ass Nlander somewhere is falling for the not-too-smart pranks of the scammers,let them go ahead,but let no schmuck run here shedding bucket loads of tears after being defrauded cez na big SERVES YOU RIGHT ME I GO TELL THE PESSIN
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On Feb 27, 2009
How can you give 500,000 to someone you haven't seen.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Layyi(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2009
Hi guys,

Nairaland should set up a post Where scammers names should be summited/listed for other to beware of them.
And Business Nairanlander should checklist before doing business.

I think this will help somehow smiley
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by hectorswag(m): 7:26am On Mar 20, 2009
after two extensive weeks of getting together and fun chatting, see what my so called online chick sent to me:

hello Dearest Sweetheart,
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail today . How was your day?.
Mine a little bit hot over here in Dakar senegal In this camp we are only
allowed to go out only on mondays and fridays of the weeks. Its just
like one staying in the prison and i hope by God's grace i will come out
here soon. I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to, all my
relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is
Rev Ben Dominic who is the pastor of the (Christ The king Churches)
here in the camp he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am
not living with him rather i am leaving in the women's hostel because
the camp have two hostels one for men the other for women. The Pastors
Tel number is (+221-761229657)if you call tell him that you want
to speak with miss lilian ukwa he will send for me in the hostel.

As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilledge to any thing be
it money or whatever because it is against the laws of this country.I
want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year as
a law student before the traggic incident that lead to my being in this
situation now took place.
Please listen to this, i have my late father's Fund deposit certificate
and death certificate here with me which i will send to you latter,
because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading
bank in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount in
question is $4.7M (four Million seven Hundred Thousand Dollars). So, i
will like you to help me transfer this money to your account ) and from
it you can send some money for me to get my travelling documents and
air ticket to come over to meet with you. I kept this secret to people
in the camp here the only person that knows about it now is you because
i trust you that you will be of assistance to me.

So, in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and
don't relate it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the
money if people gets to know about it. Remember i am giving you all this
information due to the trust i deposed on you.I like honest and
understanding people, truthful and men of vision, truth and hardworking men.The
money in question was made by my late father through his cocoa and
political career and that is why i don't want anyone here to know about it
until i travel out from here.
My favourite language is english but i speaks french and english very
fluently.
Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said i have alot to tell
you.
Have a nice day and think about me.
Awaiting to hear from you soonest
Yours in love,
lilian .

its got to be a naija guy, but pls all nairalanders beware of lilianukwa,
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by jamace(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2009
Ha ha ha. This Lilian Ukwa is everywhere o. She He sent an e-mail to me too o.

I can bet my ass that this Lilian Ukwa is a member of NL. He she is a scammer.

Don't mind him. H e will not get any mugu.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by jay8ers: 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2009
OK beware of this guys

http://www.egold-nigeria.com/
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by freestyle8: 12:42am On Aug 04, 2009
Guys ,please beware of this guy called Adeoye Ayoola Mayowa O ,owner of NXchanger.com account number :4814521031590 guaranty trust bank ,telephone # :08062169849 .I deposited N250,000k into his bank account since 11th of may 2009 till date the scammer has not funded my LR account , Before i made the payment i called the guy and asked him if he has LR (liberty reserve) and he told me he has LR that i should send the money ,after i made the payment i called him again that i have sent the money which he confirmed and he told me that my LR will be funded same day unfortunately the account was not funded that day ,i called Mr Adeoye mayowa the next day that why didn't he fund my LR account and he told me he had problem with his internet connection that my LR account will be funded when his connection is okay. I gave him some weeks to resolve his problem, after some weeks i called him again he said he will send my money back because he couldn't get the LR for me ,since then i haven't received any money or LR .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

CBN Did Not Devalue The Naira! / Nigeria’s Richest Pastor Oyedepo Puts Private Jets Up For Sale / Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.