Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. (6987 Views)

APC Replaces Oshiomhole As Head Of Committee To Conduct Bayelsa Guber Primary / BREAKING: Ayogu Eze Wins Enugu PDP Guber Primary / ANAMBRA DECIDES 2013 Election:Drop Your Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Alphaoscar: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

But some day he is Tinubu's boy

Who is not Tinubus boy among them? 90% of them are product of Tinubu's political empire and they are just whinnying now because the calculations is not favouring them.

6 Likes

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
lolababe331e:

You forget Fashola was Tinubu's boy, same with Aregbesola, Ajumobi and others. Tinubu backs qualified candidates and in fairness to Ambode he worked and campaigned hard. He is the only one to have visited the 20 local governments while the rest were campaigning on newspaper pages.

Ambode started his career at the local government level and he truly understands the Lagos structure. He is grassroots to the core

Well said, may the best man win.

Cc: Alphaoscar
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Alphaoscar: 12:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
politifact:
you must be dreaming to say GOS controls alimosho,agege and ipaja,he is popular in mushin but not these areas

apart from Ambode and maybe Hamzat, I don't think any of the other aspirants can boast of GOS's structure. I am in Agege, and as at the time those delegates entered the BRT bus, majority of them are rooting for GOS but we all know that the game can change a second to their votes. The final decision will be make 5mins to the election proper and they will all follow the directives of their leaders at the final minute.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by major466(m): 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
Waiting for Hurricane APC storm.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by abbakacici: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Katsina state

there are 10 contestants namely Senator Habu Ibrahim, Senator Sadiq Yar’adua and Ambassador Garba Aminchi.

Others are Mannir Yakubu, Sada Ilu, Senator Kanti Bello, Samaila Isa Funtua, Alhaji Aminu Masari, Abdul’aziz Musa Yar’adua and Usman Bugaje

front runners are Alhaji Aminu Masari (former speaker) and Sadiq Yar’adua
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by medamillion(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Alphaoscar:

oninkan stadium.
Ok, thanks. **Me: Okadaman, i beg carry me go Onikan stadium. Okadaman: My oga, onikan stadium from ikeja here na 5k o. Me: don't worry, Tinubu go pay.#rideon#LongLiveAPC.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by abbakacici: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Bauchi

there are about 8 candidate but front runners are IBRAHIM YAKUBU LAME and Yusuf Tuggar
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
Reports say all aspirants have arrived the venue of the primaries, Ambode arriving last with huge cheers from the crowd.

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Alphaoscar: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
madam ishilove and other mods, I think this thread should be moved to the front page.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
Alphaoscar:
madam ishilove and other mods, I think this thread should be moved to the front page.

Please allow us enjoy this thread here! What's so special about front page sef?

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by abbakacici: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kaduna state front runner is Nasir el-Rufa’i

Benue are Rep, Emmanuel Jime and Senator Joseph Waku

Ebonyi State is Julius Ali Ucha

Plateau are Simon Lalong and Solomon Dalung

Kano is Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje however Brigadier General Lawal Jafaru Isa and Alhaji Abdulrahaman Kawu Sumaila, have outside chance

Gombe are Usman Nafada and Murtala Aliyu

Jigawa are Alhaji Abubakar Badaru though Ubale Hashim has slide chance of winning

Niger are Abubakar Sani Bello and Abu Lolo.

Cross River State. are Anthony Odey Ochicha from Bekwara LGA, Barrister Lazarus Undie, from Obudu LGA, Mike Ogar and Tony Ushie from Yala LGA. while Anthony Odey Ochicha have the better chance

Sokoto- Aminu Tambuwal however Senator Dahiru Tambuwal, former minister of culture and tourism and Alhaji Bello Jibril Gada, Professor Lawal Bashir and Alhaji Yushe’u Kebbe have an outside chance

Taraba are Senator Jummai Aisha Alhassan, Mr Ezekiel Irmiya Afukonyo, Dr Mohammed Julde Suleiman, Dr Jonah Wachap, Barrister Yusufu Akirikwen, Alhaji Idris Waziri Donga, Dr Zakari Aliyu and Alhaji Mohammed Tumba Ibrahim. while Dr Jonah Wachap have a better chance

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Kwara delegates welcoming Gov. Ahmed to the venue!

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
Onikan gate closed. Voting begins

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
Is imo state APC conducting primaries today too?
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Anyone with news on akwa ibom primaries?
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
God bless you @abbakacici for supplying the in-swingers from the Northern part of Nigeria

Between i hope Yussuf Tuggar from Bauchi can clinch the Guber ticket
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
berem:
Is imo state APC conducting primaries today too?
I don't even know what is going on with Imo, looks like they are reserving the thing for Rochas, last i heard is the want to conduct mock primaries where everyone in the state will vote
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
soroptimist:
God bless you @abbakacici for supplying the in-swingers from the Northern part of Nigeria

Between i hope Yussuf Tuggar from Bauchi can clinch the Guber ticket
I can't wait for the Taraba lady to win too.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
What of Rivers state?
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by gabriel212: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:

The truth alphaoscar is that GOS is a much loved and cherished personality. He was and has been a grassroot politician to the core.

He has been chairman of one the most populated LG in Nigeria, he controls Alimosho, Mushin and Agege, oshodi, isolo, ipaja axis completely. He is from ikorodu and surely all of imota, igbogbo, ikorodu, ijede, ipokodo, ikorodu north and west, odogunyan etc are sure bankers even down to kosofe.

He was appeased and begged to step down for Tinubu in 1999 by the NADECO leaders so ignore GOS at your own peril.

He is a muslim and off course the most prominent real and true lagosians are mostly muslims, islam came to the south west mostly through lagos. So the religion factor favours him also even though religion rarely matter in the politics of lagos.

Others are new breed politicians, the fashola and tinubu boys, GOS has been relevant and known since the days of UPN and SDP.

There is a large clamour for power shift to Ikorodu division also, all other four divisions have produced civilian governors of lagos except old Ikorodu division.

I hope he wins anyway, but I'm cool with him, sashore, ambode weakened by the non true lagosian tag or Hamzat or Pitan.

Lagos is blessed with worthy successors.
FORGET that, GOS can never win the guber ticket that is a fact.
being a Senator that control the lagos west did not give him the guaranty of the delegate votes. imagine GOS being a former chairman of mushin b4 he rise to the senate he could not influence ANY i mean ANY major projects in mushin to me he wasted his money to purchase the guber ticket. if GOS give over me 100million I can never vote him.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Aspirants reject Okorocha’s directive on consensus in
Imo APC
…Gov’s wife favoured to pick party guber ticket As the
All Progressives Congress, APC, decides who
represents the party at the state Houses of Assembly
across the country, all attempts by the Imo State
Governor, Rochas Okorocha to talk members into
accepting consensus candidates in the state was
rejected by the aspirants. It was gathered that the
governor made last minutes attempt to convince the
aspirants for the primaries to step down for the
consensus candidates. According to a reliable source
close the party secretariat, “the governor assembled us
on...

I hope this is some kind of joke
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
The over 4000 APC delegates from the 23 LGAs of
Sokoto State are now fully seated at the Kangiwa
Memorial Stadium for the guber primaries.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Not too good news

Azubike Osumili @ azuosumili 1h
Appears as if the APC Governorship Prys in Lagos
has run into a hitch!11 of the 12 aspirants have
called a lunchtime press conference.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:
Imo APC
…Gov’s wife favoured to pick party guber ticket As the
All Progressives Congress, APC, decides who
represents the party at the state Houses of Assembly
across the country, all attempts by the Imo State
Governor, Rochas Okorocha to talk members into
accepting consensus candidates in the state was
rejected by the aspirants. It was gathered that the
governor made last minutes attempt to convince the
aspirants for the primaries to step down for the
consensus candidates. According to a reliable source
close the party secretariat, “the governor assembled us
on...

seriously?
I was discussing with hubby,friends and some relatives yesterday and all wants Rochas to re-contest for a second term. They were totally against his presidential bid.
I just hope what you posted is really a joke. Some say he's in the presidential race to bring comic relief to the primaries. angry
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:
Not too good news
Azubike Osumili @ azuosumili 1h
Appears as if the APC Governorship Prys in Lagos
has run into a hitch!11 of the 12 aspirants have
called a lunchtime press conference.
It has always been the norm. Same event happened in 2007. Na gra gra
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
berem:
seriously?
I was discussing with hubby,friends and some relatives yesterday and all wants Rochas to re-contest for a second term. They were totally against his presidential bid.
I just hope what you posted is really a joke. Some say he's in the presidential race to bring comic relief to the primaries. angry
Same thing i have been hearing, my mind tells me he would go for a second term.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
It has always been the norm. Same event happened in 2007. Na gra gra
Not good for party image and spirit.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:

The truth alphaoscar is that GOS is a much loved and cherished personality. He was and has been a grassroot politician to the core.

He has been chairman of one the most populated LG in Nigeria, he controls Alimosho, Mushin and Agege, oshodi, isolo, ipaja axis completely. He is from ikorodu and surely all of imota, igbogbo, ikorodu, ijede, ipokodo, ikorodu north and west, odogunyan etc are sure bankers even down to kosofe.

He was appeased and begged to step down for Tinubu in 1999 by the NADECO leaders so ignore GOS at your own peril.

He is a muslim and off course the most prominent real and true lagosians are mostly muslims, islam came to the south west mostly through lagos. So the religion factor favours him also even though religion rarely matter in the politics of lagos.

Others are new breed politicians, the fashola and tinubu boys, GOS has been relevant and known since the days of UPN and SDP.

There is a large clamour for power shift to Ikorodu division also, all other four divisions have produced civilian governors of lagos except old Ikorodu division.

I hope he wins anyway, but I'm cool with him, sashore, ambode weakened by the non true lagosian tag or Hamzat or Pitan.

Lagos is blessed with worthy successors.
Bros na wa you o, see as you hype GOS. Haba!!! The same GOS that was defeated by Afikuyomi for the AD Primaries in Lagos West Senatorial Seat in 2003 and was compensated with Reps ticket by AD?

The same GOS that lost to Fashola in 2007 AC Primaries and was compensated with Lagos West Senate ticket in 2007?

Or the same GOS that was given the ACN ticket in 2011 on a platter of Gold?

Bros, it is a fact that GOS has never won a primary election since 1999

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Alphaoscar: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:
Imo APC
…Gov’s wife favoured to pick party guber ticket

The practice where all these party leaders are forcing all the cockroaches, dog and monkeys in their families on the party need to stop. the problem is not just about Okorocha but Tinubus, Ajomales, Muhammeds and others should be satisfied with their current position and standing in the party.

Enough is enough!!!
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

Not good for party image and spirit.
There will always be aggrieved candidates. Same will also play out in PDP. This time is even better na, in 2007 it was worse than this. The problem is that candidates build their aspiration around a party chieftain rather than the people, when the Chieftain disfavors them, they cry foul. Sadly, they have no brand or followership of their own. Agbaje got it right in 2007 though he came 3rd riding with a very unpopular and new DPA. His only miscalculation was going to PDP. Agbaje in DPA 2015 stand a BIG chance of sweeping the Lagos Guber. As for this primaries, Ambode will fly the ticket and win the contest, there is nothing those aggrieved aspirants can do about it
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Alphaoscar:

The practice where all these party leaders are forcing all the cockroaches, dog and monkeys in their families on the party need to stop. the problem is not just about Okorocha but Tinubus, Ajomales, Muhammeds and others should be satisfied with their current position and standing in the party.

Enough is enough!!!
I don't really have a problem with family members on party ticket, so long has they go through primaries.
Okorocha’s wife thing must be a joke. I have learnt not to believe anything i read in the media about Okorocha and Buhari.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

I don't really have a problem with family members on party ticket, so long has they go through primaries.
Okorocha’s wife thing must be a joke. I have learnt not to believe anything i read in the media about Okorocha and Buhari.
Which outlet reported it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Return Of "Glover Hausas" In The Nigerian Army / Atiku Lists His Achievements As Vice President / The Suez Canal Shows That 4 Out Of 5 South East States Has Access To The Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.