Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,179 members, 7,780,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. (6944 Views)

APC Replaces Oshiomhole As Head Of Committee To Conduct Bayelsa Guber Primary / BREAKING: Ayogu Eze Wins Enugu PDP Guber Primary / ANAMBRA DECIDES 2013 Election:Drop Your Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
There will always be aggrieved candidates. Same will also play out in PDP. This time is even better na, in 2007 it was worse than this. The problem is that candidates build their aspiration around a party chieftain rather than the people, when the Chieftain disfavors them, they cry foul. Sadly, they have no brand or followership of their own. Agbaje got it right in 2007 though he came 3rd riding with a very unpopular and new DPA. His only miscalculation was going to PDP. Agbaje in DPA 2015 stand a BIG chance of sweeping the Lagos Guber. As for this primaries, Ambode will fly the ticket and win the contest, there is nothing those aggrieved aspirants can do about it
I hope it does not hurt the party this time.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by AlienSPY: 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
berem:
seriously?
I was discussing with hubby,friends and some relatives yesterday and all wants Rochas to re-contest for a second term. They were totally against his presidential bid.
I just hope what you posted is really a joke. Some say he's in the presidential race to bring comic relief to the primaries. angry

Buhari really paid you well. See how you describe your brother presidential aspirations as 'comic'
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by gabriel212: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Bros na wa you o, see as you hype GOS. Haba!!! The same GOS that was defeated by Afikuyomi for the AD Primaries in Lagos West Senatorial Seat in 2003 and was compensated with Reps ticket by AD?

The same GOS that lost to Fashola in 2007 AC Primaries and was compensated with Lagos West Senate ticket in 2007?

Or the same GOS that was given the ACN ticket in 2011 on a platter of Gold?

Bros, it is a fact that GOS has never won a primary election since 1999
the bros hyping of GOS baffled me. Infact if he fly the senate ticket again i wont vote him
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Which outlet reported it?
National mirror

I got the article here, national mirror link is not working on mobile.

www.naijalately.com/news/aspirants-reject-okorocha’s-directive-on-consensus-in-imo-apc
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
gabriel212:

the bros hyping of GOS baffled me. Infact if he fly the senate ticket again i wont vote him
Maybe na him person cheesy cheesy
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
AlienSPY:

Buhari really paid you well. See how you describe your brother presidential aspirations as 'comic'
After you guys killed his chances with your prettiness, you want to put the blame on berem.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

National mirror

I got the article here, national mirror link is not working on mobile.

www.naijalately.com/news/aspirants-reject-okorocha’s-directive-on-consensus-in-imo-apc
I have read it... As usual, "According to our source"
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
I have read it... As usual, "According to our source"
I thought as much.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by p3ndy79: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Bros na wa you o, see as you hype GOS. Haba!!! The same GOS that was defeated by Afikuyomi for the AD Primaries in Lagos West Senatorial Seat in 2003 and was compensated with Reps ticket by AD?

The same GOS that lost to Fashola in 2007 AC Primaries and was compensated with Lagos West Senate ticket in 2007?

Or the same GOS that was given the ACN ticket in 2011 on a platter of Gold?

Bros, it is a fact that GOS has never won a primary election since 1999

There was no primaries in the AC in 2007 all tinubu did was to foist Fashola on the state which turned out a good venture.

Positions in the AD from 1999 was shared and allocated up till 2003. Afikuyomi was part of NADECO so it is understood why he had to let go.

GOS is the grassroot, he can only lose out if tinubu and fashola join forces but if there is division in their camps as it is now, forget it GOS could just nick it.

There was never any real primaries like this in the AD AC ACN days of the party, he only allowed party supremacy to prevail. Tinubu had to step down for him in 2007 to pacify and reward him for his loyalty to the party.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Berem, i think this settles it.

IMO STATE
No one has obtained the governorship
nomination form. The implication is that
Rochas Okorocha, who is aspiring to be
president, will be able to eat his cake and
have it. Should he lose the APC
presidential primary on December 10, he
will return as the party's governorship
candidate for 2015.

www.thecable.ng/live-follow-apc-governorship-primaries
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
Accreditation of delegates yet to start! Its already past 2pm

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:

There was no primaries in the AC in 2007 all tinubu did was to foist Fashola on the state which turned out a good venture.

Positions in the AD from 1999 was shared and allocated up till 2003. Afikuyomi was part of NADECO so it is understood why he had to let go.

GOS is the grassroot, he can only lose out if tinubu and fashola join forces but if there is division in their camps as it is now, forget it GOS could just nick it.

There was never any real primaries like this in the AD AC ACN days of the party, he only allowed party supremacy to prevail. Tinubu had to step down for him in 2007 to pacify and reward him for his loyalty to the party.
Bros, Tinubu and Fash do not need to collabo to beat GOS na, Tinubu did a one-man show in 2007 and everybody was cut to size. With the way APC is structured in Lagos, GOS does not, cannot and can never upstage a Tinubu whether in the primaries or general election.

By the way, should Tinubu lose grip, what happened in Oyo state 2011 will happen in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
Clerverly:
Accreditation of delegates yet to start! Its already past 2pm
You expect primaries? My guy, we all know the outcome. Why I am not unhappy is that the pedigree of Ambode is awesome. The interesting primaries in Lagos has always been "PDP's" though they aren't match for APC... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

IMO STATE
candidate for 2015.

better!
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
APC primaries hold amid tight security

DECEMBER 4, 2014 BY ENIOLA AKINKUOTU
Leave a Comment
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has commenced its governorship primaries at the Onikan Stadium, Ikoyi.
Over 3,000 delegates from the 20 local government areas of the state have been accredited and ballot boxes placed at the centre of the field.

All 13 governorship aspirants are seated outside the main field. They are: A former Commissioner for Health, Dr. Leke Pitan; a former Account General of the state, Akinwunmi Ambode; the Current Commissioner for Works, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat; the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Adeyemi Ikuforiji and Senator Ganiyu Solomon.
Others are Mr. Wahab Tokunbo, a former aide to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Tayo Akinde; Mr. Olanrewaju Ope, a former Commissioner for Rural Affairs, Mr. Toyin Ayinde and a former Attorney General of the state, Mr. Olasupo Shasore.
Ambode, who is said to have the backing of Tinubu is the most likely candidate to win.
Our correspondent who spoke to a cross section of aspirants across all the local governments learnt that Ambode would emerge the winner.

Despite protests by all the aspirants (except Ambode) that the direct system of election should be used, the APC has gone ahead to employ the delegate system otherwise known as the indirect system of voting.
The Peoples Democratic Party has therefore told the APC aspirants that they are free to join the PDP if they perceive any hanky panky.
However, the state Chairman of Lagos APC, Chief Henry Ajomale, said, while addressing journalists at the venue, that there would be a level playing field.
Ajomale said the direct system of primaries would be too hectic and cumbersome. He, however, said aspirants would not defect to the PDP if things did not go their way.
He said, “We had about 20 aspirants in 2007 and many even left because they were not satisfied but we still won convincingly.
“Everybody cannot win but I am proud of the quality of the aspirants we have today.”
The chairman of the event, Mr. Peter Obada, who is also a former Deputy Governor of Edo State, said the votes would be counted at the venue.
More details later. . .

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-primaries-hold-amid-tight-security/
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
You expect primaries? My guy, we all know the outcome. Why I am not unhappy is that the pedigree of Ambode is awesome. The interesting primaries in Lagos has always been "PDP's" though they aren't match for APC... cheesy cheesy

Man wey sabi grin
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by toyecoach(m): 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
Alphaoscar:

Sorry, are you a product of Uniport? You sound like a certain former Perm sec in Bayelsa.

Dearis God Oh o
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Clerverly:

Man wey sabi grin
Man wey I call my master
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by AlienSPY: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Obiagelli:

IMO STATE
candidate for 2015.

Loophole for the PDP candidate should there be any tribunal
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Clerverly:
APC primaries hold amid tight security

DECEMBER 4, 2014 BY ENIOLA AKINKUOTU
Leave a Comment
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has commenced its governorship primaries at the Onikan Stadium, Ikoyi.
Over 3,000 delegates from the 20 local government areas of the state have been accredited and ballot boxes placed at the centre of the field.

All 13 governorship aspirants are seated outside the main field. They are: A former Commissioner for Health, Dr. Leke Pitan; a former Account General of the state, Akinwunmi Ambode; the Current Commissioner for Works, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat; the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Adeyemi Ikuforiji and Senator Ganiyu Solomon.
Others are Mr. Wahab Tokunbo, a former aide to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Tayo Akinde; Mr. Olanrewaju Ope, a former Commissioner for Rural Affairs, Mr. Toyin Ayinde and a former Attorney General of the state, Mr. Olasupo Shasore.
Ambode, who is said to have the backing of Tinubu is the most likely candidate to win.
Our correspondent who spoke to a cross section of aspirants across all the local governments learnt that Ambode would emerge the winner.
Despite protests by all the aspirants (except Ambode) that the direct system of election should be used, the APC has gone ahead to employ the delegate system otherwise known as the indirect system of voting.
The Peoples Democratic Party has therefore told the APC aspirants that they are free to join the PDP if they perceive any hanky panky.
However, the state Chairman of Lagos APC, Chief Henry Ajomale, said, while addressing journalists at the venue, that there would be a level playing field.
Ajomale said the direct system of primaries would be too hectic and cumbersome. He, however, said aspirants would not defect to the PDP if things did not go their way.
He said, “We had about 20 aspirants in 2007 and many even left because they were not satisfied but we still won convincingly.
“Everybody cannot win but I am proud of the quality of the aspirants we have today.”
The chairman of the event, Mr. Peter Obada, who is also a former Deputy Governor of Edo State, said the votes would be counted at the venue.
More details later. . .

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-primaries-hold-amid-tight-security/
Ajomale should not have said this. This is 2015 and not 2007. Many things has changed, party rank and file are not too comfortable with leaders dictating, PDP looks more united than they were in 2007... APC must find a way to appease other aspirants
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by p3ndy79: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
Bros, Tinubu and Fash do not need to collabo to beat GOS na, Tinubu did a one-man show in 2007 and everybody was cut to size. With the way APC is structured in Lagos, GOS does not, cannot and can never upstage a Tinubu whether in the primaries or general election.

By the way, should Tinubu lose grip, what happened in Oyo state 2011 will happen in Lagos.

I'm not rooting for GOS nor am I saying he is gonna win. In lagos, those who know him knows his worth, he control the politics of Lagos East and his past as Chairman of Mushin, influence in Alimosho, agege, oshodi and the fact he grew up in shomolu and is a son of ikorodu makes him a force to be reckoned with.

If there is crisis within the camp of tinubu and fashola, GOS will nick it. Ambode's candidacy has been watered down with the allegation he is not a lagosian, Shasore's emergence came in late so GOS had all things going right for him.
If tinubu and fashola don't collabo GOS will win.

Amzat will dominate Ikeja and put strength from Oshodi based on the father's pedigree in the axis.

Tinubu and Fashola will fish in same water, Ikuforiji will win epe, ibeju lekki being from the axis, leke pitan is from Agbowa axis and can divide the delegate from epe and ketu area with the speaker.

GOS has a solid ground and he is not challenged in his strong base. Abike Dabiri is not contesting so he is on solid footing. There will be surprises today.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:

I'm not rooting for GOS nor am I saying he is gonna win. In lagos, those who know him knows his worth, he control the politics of Lagos East and his past as Chairman of Mushin, influence in Alimosho, agege, oshodi and the fact he grew up in shomolu and is a son of ikorodu makes him a force to be reckoned with.

If there is crisis within the camp of tinubu and fashola, GOS will nick it. Ambode's candidacy has been watered down with the allegation he is not a lagosian, Shasore's emergence came in late so GOS had all things going right for him.

Amzat will dominate Ikeja and put strength from Oshodi based on the father's pedigree in the axis.

Tinubu and Fashola will fish in same water, Ikuforiji will win epe, ibeju lekki being from the axis, leke pitan is from Agbowa axis and can divide the delegate from epe and ketu area with the speaker.

GOS has a solid ground and he is not challenged in his strong base. Abike Dabiri is not contesting so he is on solid footing. There will be surprises today.
My brother, GOS is just too hyped. He can't win the primaries even if there is a split. The best he will do is to mobilise his mushin thugs to cause trouble again, like he did in 2003. btw, did you say I laugh when you assume that politicians are in firm control of their constituencies. GOS is overrated, he will be floored. Ambode, there is pictorial evidence that he is from Ondo State, but I can't say further than I like his pedigree-I fear PDP will use that against him during the campaigns.

There is hope for Ambode, Sasore, Hamzat and Pitan. The rest are time wasters
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:

There won't be! In few hours time, Ambode should be announced the winner!
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Clerverly: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Voting has commenced! Epe now voting!

Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by p3ndy79: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2014
barcanista:
My brother, GOS is just too hyped. He can't win the primaries even if there is a split. The best he will do is to mobilise his mushin thugs to cause trouble again, like he did in 2003. btw, did you say I laugh when you assume that politicians are in firm control of their constituencies. GOS is overrated, he will be floored. Ambode, there is pictorial evidence that he is from Ondo State, but I can't say further than I like his pedigree-I fear PDP will use that against him during the campaigns.

There is hope for Ambode, Sasore, Hamzat and Pitan. The rest are time wasters

When you raise sasore, hamzat and leke pitan above GOS, I just decide to let go, for it shows you follow the media more the reality on the ground. All the best to the contestants.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
p3ndy79:

When you raise sasore, hamzat and leke pitan above GOS, I just decide to let go, for it shows you follow the media more the reality on the ground. All the best to the contestants.
Individually, GOS is stronger that Ambode, Hamzat and Sasore, but considering their political backers and those loyal to their backers, GOS stand below them all
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Clerverly:

There won't be! In few hours time, Ambode should be announced the winner!
And that is the truth
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by nigerianvenom(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
AlienSPY:

Loophole for the PDP candidate should there be any tribunal
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Rilikoko(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
You all should follow @DOlusegun on twitter.he is giving blow by blow of events at d stadium...i think he is a delegate,maybe
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
Rilikoko:
You all should follow @DOlusegun on twitter.he is giving blow by blow of events at d stadium...i think he is a delegate,maybe
following him already. I think Ambode is taking the lead. Ojo delegates voting now.
Re: Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. by UnknownT: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
berem:
following him already. I think Ambode is taking the lead. Ojo delegates voting now.
Are they counting the votes as they vote? This one Ambode is taking a lead while Ojo delegates are voting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Send Draft Bill On Minimum Wage To NASS, NLC Warns FG / Kebbi: Supreme Court Affirms Aliero, Abdullahi As PDP Senatorial Candidates / Awka: Struggling To Assume Status Of Capital City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.