Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. (151659 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy / HEARTBREAKING: Lion Eats A Man In Front Of His Family / Who Is The Most Powerful And Respectful Blackman In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by siegfried99(m): 3:23pm On May 04, 2015
Speechless!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by eph12(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2015
Sile12:
United State President George W Bush Address to the Nation, 8:30PM September, 11 2001.

Good evening. Today our fellow citizens, our way of
life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of
deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were
in airplanes or in their offices: secretaries, business
men and women, military and Federal workers, moms
and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives
were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.
The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires
burning, huge structures collapsing have filled us with
disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding
anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to
frighten our Nation into chaos and retreat, but they
have failed. Our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great
nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of
our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the
foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but
they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because we're the
brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the
world. And no one will keep that light from shining.
Today our Nation saw evil, the very worst of human
nature. And we responded with the best of America,
with the daring of our rescueworkers, with the caring
for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood
and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented
our Government's emergency response plans. Our
military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency
teams are working in New York City and Washington,
DC, to help with local rescue efforts.

Our first priority is to get help to those who have been
injured and to take every precaution to protect our
citizens at home and around the world from further
attacks.

The functions of our Government continue without
interruption. Federal agencies in Washington which
had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential
personnel tonight and will be open for business
tomorrow. Our financial institutions remain strong,
and the American economy will be open for business
as well.

The search is underway for those who are behind
these evil acts. I've directed the full resources of our
intelligence and law enforcement communities to find
those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will
make no distinction between the terrorists who
committed these acts and those who harbor them.
I appreciate so very much the Members of Congress
who have joined me in strongly condemning these
attacks. And on behalf of the American people, I thank
the many world leaders who have called to offer their
condolences and assistance.

America and our friends and allies join with all those
who want peace and security in the world, and we
stand together to win the war against terrorism.
Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve,
for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for
all whose sense of safety and security has been
threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a
power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages
in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with
me."

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of
life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America
has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this
time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go
forward to defend freedom and all that is good and
just in our world.

Thank you. Good night, and God bless America.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=58057
A similar statement as this from our very own president would have been nice

Can't stop the tears cry

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Handsomegod(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2015
Such pitiful,gory and heart wrenching pictoral spectacle! What was more pitiful was that all these tragedies were not only avoidable but basically man made driven by greed and satanic inclinations! Yet the good life is possible and attainable if we only walk the change we desire in our catchments.
And as expected,a misguided and half educated nim wit was already handy to display his repugnant ignorance and half-education on such a painful era of our nation's history vis the nigerian-biafra civil war. That such garbage was all he came up with after going through this soulful and soul searching graphical oddessy is a pity. To think that his pride was living in dreary,cold and dry london of all places! #shame#. May haven bless the dead!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by eph12(m): 6:48pm On May 04, 2015
bawberry:

He was born there why would u leave that out
Why was he born there? Why couldn't his parents just stay in their state?

You can't defend that guy. You just can't.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by lionphil(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2015
Wonderful thread, tears just dey come my eye but dem no gree drop. So touching!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 04, 2015
...So touching, so much pains, so much tears, broken hearts, shredded dreams, lost hope....
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Alexisu: 9:27pm On May 04, 2015
Can't even explain how I feel right now.
Touching pictures.

God help us.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 04, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Much love bro,never regret following you,Keep it coming bro,Hear from Amefrica?seems he's on low key this days

Hey bro! smiley
I'm just more of an observant nowadays. We're done with the session already tho, I have been on NL - just reading the topics on FP and replying mentions.

How's it going with you?

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 04, 2015
Amefrica:

Hey bro! smiley
I'm just more of an observant nowadays. We're done with the session already tho, I have been on NL - just reading the topics on FP and replying mentions.

How's it going with you?
Everything has been on low key either,been busy with a loads of assignments and alot of fieldworks and fieldtrips,All the best bro

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by bawberry(m): 11:47pm On May 04, 2015
eph12:

Why was he born there? Why couldn't his parents just stay in their state?

You can't defend that guy. You just can't.

I am not defending him, just saying the truth. if ur parents had given birth too u n sambisa would u have had a different reason.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by eph12(m): 5:42am On May 05, 2015
bawberry:

I am not defending him, just saying the truth. if ur parents had given birth too u n sambisa would u have had a different reason.
His parents couldn't stay in their state and he's insulting those that moved away from their states too or you didn't see that one.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 05, 2015
handsometokunbo:

I respect this thread with profound respect but I hate to see lies being rubbed on my face and shunned out to people as truth. I have chosen to counter this false story being shunned out with true version of the story.

Books have been written by foreign Journalists who witnessed Nigeria Civil War and I ll humbly ask you to pick these books to read instead of reading the ones written by the likes of Chinua Achebe and Other Igbo writters; all written out of emotion and tribal sentiment.

The man who facilitated the involvement of France and Portugal at the side of Biafra Nation against Nigeria state wrote a book in which Ojukwu was held responsible for 80% of those heart-trending pictures of Igbos.

Ojukwu, in his bid to garner world sympathy towards Biafra struggle decided to use the death of his people as a war propaganda of which the world powers were able to see through.

The obvious questions you and your likes chose to ignore are:

1). How come Ojukwu and his soldiers looked well fed at the time of these Kwashokor pictures being taken?

2). How come Igbo elites both political and military with their families were well fed in the midst of all this?

3). How come Biafra soldiers choose not to kill Nigerians in a war that lasted for 3 years with white South African pilots mercenaries bombarding Nigerians from the air?

4). How come Biafra were so keen in taking pictures(if not for propaganda) than fighting their enemies?

5). How come we never see the pictures of Nigerians who were mercilessly killed by Biafra soldiers? Nigeria Govt has no intention of using it as propaganda.

6). How come Biafra soldiers chose not to commit genocide against Nigerians in the midst of all the genocide against their people? I presumed cos they were too nice........

Finally, the world chose to ignore this genocide rhetoric coming from the Igbos cos they witnessed it all. Biafra committed as much crime as their Nigerian counterparts and that was/is why that has never been any criminal case against those who were involved in Nigeria Civil War.

Regardless of how much anyone tried to rewrite the true event of what happened, the truth ll always prevail.

Thank you.

those pictures where not taken by biafrans. they where taken by British and American writers and reporters one of such writers was Fredrick forsyth....in his books the making of an African legend, or the biafra story...
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Ossaifamous(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2015
a beautiful thread yet I see somebody trying to politicize it

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by modupe2: 8:51pm On May 06, 2015
That this thread is touching is an understatement...
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by staggerman(m): 10:52pm On May 06, 2015
oyin01:

Another stupid comment from an underachiever who.wants d lord to come now..... I wonder what you have achieved yet... Wake up n live on d bright side of life. FYI, Christ Will not come even in d next 25 years... Besides, how have you affected life with the Christ in You. Smh.

I'm sure I'll never be able to understand how people insult others via the Internet.
You have no idea who I am. You've probably never seen me before and may never see me. You know absolutely nothing about me. Nothing about my past, present and future. Nothing about my dreams, successes., achievements or plans.
But you sit down and type this comment about me.....

You could be wiser than this....

3 Likes

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by oyin01(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2015
staggerman:

I'm sure I'll never be able to understand how people insult others via the Internet.
You have no idea who I am. You've probably never seen me before and may never see me. You know absolutely nothing about me. Nothing about my past, present and future. Nothing about my dreams, successes., achievements or plans.
But you sit down and type this comment about me.....

You could be wiser than this....

Apologies If u feel insulted. I'm just of a different notion as against yours. I don't mean to insult you. Shalom.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by staggerman(m): 12:08pm On May 08, 2015
oyin01:

Apologies If u feel insulted. I'm just of a different notion as against yours. I don't mean to insult you. Shalom.

All is well... . Shalom
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 12, 2015
IsaacBuchi:
@OP, insightful and well thoughtful thread.

sometimes we just have to deeply reflect on live and its real meaning with such touching reminders.

Love Supersedes Life... Junior Portland
Touching topic. Made me reconnect with what life really meant to me.

1 Like

Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Ossaifamous(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2015
Wished the photos. Can jus keep rolling... nice thread
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 5:48am On May 13, 2015
Ossaifamous:
Wished the photos. Can jus keep rolling... nice thread

Thanks.
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by Nobody: 9:19am On May 13, 2015
handsometokunbo:

You are cursing your generation and future generation simply cos I countered the lies being branded by your kinsmen as truth.

However, I am financially blessed already and millions of your poverty stricken idiotts can't do anything about it.

I live in UK at moment; Born and raised to age 8 in US (Ask your Yoruba enemies d meaning of my name fool).

Sharap osiso......braggart....u live in UK...no b poverty pursue u go der....idiat....baskat. mtchew
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by ebukaOtika(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2015
himkers:
If you don't drop a tear, then you are stone hearted grin

Shey No be laugh you dey laugh ni ,,,,?
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by kingsarch2000: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dat shows u are not human.
YungwizzzyPt7:
I'm not touched...
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by AlphaCEO: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2021
Pg1:OP. Dec 4, 2014
21. The moment the second plane Crashed into the second tower of WTC, Newyork. 9/11.

On the morning of 11th September, 2001 affiliated hijackers flew two Boeing 767 Planes into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, Downtown, Manhattan, Newyork.
Beginning with the North Tower with antenna(110 floors) at 8:46 AM, then the the second plane hits the South Tower(100 floors) at 9:03 AM, in a coordinated act of terrorism. After burning for 56 minutes, the South Tower collapsed at 9:59 AM. 29 minutes later, the North Tower collapsed. The attacks on the World Trade Center killed 2,753 people(less than 2hrs).
Lets never forget, In memory of all Victms.

22-23. Some trapped people in the building had no choice but to jump over 90 floors to escape the intense heat and the thick suffocating smoke of the burning building.
Some jumped in ones, some jumped in groups, and some jumped holding each other's hand.

24. The towers collapsing to dust WTC, 9/11 Attack.
I'll never forget these events
that happened live on TV in
2001. Surreal!
Re: Some Powerful And Heartbreaking Photos From The World. by AlphaCEO: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2021
Pg1: OP. Dec 4, 2014
17. A man begging for his wife's forgiveness in the divorce courtroom, chicago. (1940).

18. People on the queue with hope of getting job, during depression, (1930).

19. A boy (alive) under rubble of a collapsed building during Haiti disaster.

20. Effect of war, undisclosed location in Africa.
Iconic 1930 and 1940 pictures.

The 1940 Chicago divorce courtroom images give me
goose bumps. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Comandclem Patentees Assembly / How To Check The Status Of Your National Identity Card (NIMC) Online / Today Free Select Sure Matches, Bet9ja Booking Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.