Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? (36822 Views)

Photo Of The Craziest Rag Day Student... / Photo: 'rag Day' As Celebrated In FUT Minna / Niger Delta University Students On Rag Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by PrinceIkye: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
Rag day is a day in some tertiary institutions that students dress like mad people and beg[hostle] for money.

The question is how did this start in Nigeria and what are its advantages?

pix source: http://omoyeni-disu..in/2011/04/that-is-all.html

http://www.otowngist.com/index.php/others/campus-gists/alvan/417-alvan-marks-rag-day-ahead-of-matriculation-day.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by KenJak(m): 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
its advantage is to boost the purse of the students.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by motherlode: 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
And the origin is ...... undecided .......

Maybe they like\love mad people cheesy i don't know ooo grin

11 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Buchukwu: 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
I hate that, people use it to brag.
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 05, 2014
Frontpage material as I've always wondered the same.
My sisters attended a secondary school associated with a tertiary institution and I remember them discussing the issue as it was (at then) promoted for humanitarian causes; although its original purpose, it has spiralled down nowadays to how much students can rack up to fill their purses.

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by guruvick(m): 4:34am On Dec 05, 2014
Its just for fun
Forget the money

8 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by jejemanito: 6:58am On Dec 05, 2014
charix:
Frontpage material as I've always wondered the same.
My sisters attended a secondary school associated with a tertiary institution and I remember them discussing the issue as it was (at then) promoted for humanitarian causes; although its original purpose, it has spiralled down nowadays to how much students can rack up to fill their purses.
FP with that type of english the OP typed in?
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by accurate0805: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2014
kiss
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Maczeelly(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2014
Q
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by EbuGeneral(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2014
OK
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by holyboss: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
@Op here is the orijin tongue

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Jostico: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
ibiba
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by thiefnubu(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
undecided

Silly Stuff like these are best left abandoned in the garbage heap of history.

That is why I always rep OAU... their students can never be seen doing stuff like this...

8 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by accurate0805: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
Rag day = mad day
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by MizMyColi(f): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by hebex12(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
f
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by intergral(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2014
Let's be honest with ourselves, have you guys ever seen anybody with 4.50 - 3.00 CGPA under the faculty of...
1. LAW
2. SCIENCE
3. ENGINEERING
4. MEDICAL SCIENCES
Going out for RAG-DAY ? Please Hit the like button if wantin I yan make sense!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by i2muchh: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
i dont know o,al i know is 2 months ago, i got 3200 from plapoly macosa rag day.it ws fun sha

3 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by devigblegble: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
These shit is just too gay mtcheeew , rag day my foot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Jostico: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
it all started,when i was in egypt after wicked pharaoh refuse to let my nigga the isrealites go.so many of us started behaving like the insane peeps just to be freed.so we, us,started begging from street to juncton before entering area...small small hin come come 9ja dem come renovate the name to rag mind you for egypt its being called gra...

Well i'm presently in aso rock presenting this same issue to jona how to eradicate it.my people abeg how una see am?

14 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by rhotimee(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by bigfatbooty: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
honestly what is the orientation behind dis rag things self

linda ikeji boyfriend finally exposed cheesy
http:///NZx7i

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by celeron40(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
GEJ is worlking gringrin
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by naijaboiy: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
What's the main aim of this Rag day stuff sef? grin

Well I think it has dwindled cos I hardly see students these days doing this stuff.
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by celeron40(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2014
GEJ is working gringrin
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Francon(f): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
I was once a ragger.....tho I did it just to take pictures.... I have a friend that met her husband on her rag day. Some people even abused the rag day. I know of a friend dat ragged till her final year... owu na correct bastard. Thought this rag day exercise is meant for freshers!

1 Like

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
whatever
its just fun
[size=19]www.naijaxplorer.com[/size]
Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by NgreportsBlog(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
Its all fun, Most tym students don't just do Rag day for the Money, but for the fun! You get to feel the student life, and pass through the university and not let the university pass through you.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by mencade4: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
stop all this copy copy.....instead do masquerade day to honour our fore fathers.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Origin Of Rag Day In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions? by valdetino(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2014
(Check my head and walk away)..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Useless, cringe-worthy Degrees? / Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names / Samuel Oye Bamidele: Students Expose Their Breasts To Tempt Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.