Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) (2067 Views)

Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? / On Ebay: How to Prevent a Scammer From Bidding On My Auction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by chiboy11(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2014
Am not new to ebay but actualy dis wud b d 1st time I wil b shoping on ebay my self with my Nigeria paypal card.
Nov2 I placed an order for a Wheymilk on ebay which cost me 46$ for everting plus cost of shiping to @ r231 USA addrress @Maryland excluding the cost which r231 wil use in shiping it down to lagos 4me.

I was giving a tracking number by the seller 9405511899561219324932 to track on USPS,behold can u belive this tracking number is still reading package still on its way on USPS till 2day, this is an item thaat is surpose to ve goten to me 2weks afta purchased.

I decided to mail contact USPS for them to clarify me on my item aand behold I waz told this tracking number does not exist,so how come can som1 actualy track this item on their website I ask the lady that replied me and she told me it mite be a bug that they are soory and would work on it.

To cut this story shot I am just seing americans as a more criminal than us,their sense na common 45$ dey steal kiaaa, the guy must be hungry to ve scam me forthat smal money and to my annoyance I ve reported this to ebay but they ve faild to do anyting.

I just decide to share this with any ebay.com shopers incase u come accros dis tracking number on USPS just cancel your transaction dat moment and ask for a refund.

If u know any way som1 like me won't fall for scam on ebay again kindly share abeg,cuse I kno so many of u here buy on dat site. Tnks

Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by chuckvinz(m): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
chaiii nawa oooo , thanks for the info, i wanted to purcharse an iphone 5c @$244.50 used one, with my american account ooo, here on maryland too, but something tell me not too... chaii maybe i for fall mugu tooo ooo..

1 Like

Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by kennyman20(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2014
chiboy11:
Am not new to ebay but actualy dis wud b d 1st time I wil b shoping on ebay my self with my Nigeria paypal card.
Nov2 I placed an order for a Wheymilk on ebay which cost me 46$ for everting plus cost of shiping to @ r231 USA addrress @Maryland excluding the cost which r231 wil use in shiping it down to lagos 4me.

I was giving a tracking number by the seller 9405511899561219324932 to track on USPS,behold can u belive this tracking number is still reading package still on its way on USPS till 2day, this is an item thaat is surpose to ve goten to me 2weks afta purchased.

I decided to mail contact USPS for them to clarify me on my item aand behold I waz told this tracking number does not exist,so how come can som1 actualy track this item on their website I ask the lady that replied me and she told me it mite be a bug that they are soory and would work on it.

To cut this story shot I am just seing americans as a more criminal than us,their sense na common 45$ dey steal kiaaa, the guy must be hungry to ve scam me forthat smal money and to my annoyance I ve reported this to ebay but they ve faild to do anyting.

I just decide to share this with any ebay.com shopers incase u come accros dis tracking number on USPS just cancel your transaction dat moment and ask for a refund.

If u know any way som1 like me won't fall for scam on ebay again kindly share abeg,cuse I kno so many of u here buy on dat site. Tnks

u got it wrong bro.. Am an ebay addict..
First thing u need to do before u buy anything on ebay is to check the feedback seller has.. If seller doesnt have upto 1000positive feedbacks.. Dont buy!
Moreover, u can still get ur money back.. He knws u're a novice on ebay, thats why he tried that with u.
Now, login to ur paypal account. U'll see something like ''open dispute'' in the account history box. Oya, open dispute for am and tell paypal what happened.. Give paypal the tracking no and also screenshot all the pages where usps told u that tracking doesnt exist.. Explain everywhere to paypal from A to Z.. Goodluck.
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by chiboy11(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ve reported dis to ebay,iamtold to wait til nov 24th, d date haz pased naw n Ebay said I shud wait for dec 3rd 4a respond 4rm him again n til now noting ebay s just telin me to wait til 9th again, na so d wait go reach nxt year

4me American re more dubious dan us,hungry pple
kennyman20:

u got it wrong bro.. Am an ebay addict..
First thing u need to do before u buy anything on ebay is to check the feedback seller has.. If seller doesnt have upto 1000positive feedbacks.. Dont buy!
Moreover, u can still get ur money back.. He knws u're a novice on ebay, thats why he tried that with u.
Now, login to ur paypal account. U'll see something like ''open dispute'' in the account history box. Oya, open dispute for am and tell paypal what happened.. Give paypal the tracking no and also screenshot all the pages where usps told u that tracking doesnt exist.. Explain everywhere to paypal from A to Z.. Goodluck.
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by mavinc4u(f): 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
Which ebay is telling you to hold on? Login to your ebay and click on resolution center then choose item not received and make your complain there. That seller never shipped, tell ebay he never shipped the item you paid him, that he only informed usps to expect item for shipping but never took it to their office. Your case does not needing waiting
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by deloon(m): 2:47am On Dec 08, 2014
When you track the shipment, the status says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 8, 2014 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available. No further information is available for this item."

Normally a tracking no shouldn't be issued for a shipment that hasn't been received and I guess thats what the seller used to deceive you.

It is not Ebay's fault.
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by arbitrage: 3:10am On Dec 08, 2014
chiboy11:
Ve reported dis to ebay,iamtold to wait til nov 24th, d date haz pased naw n Ebay said I shud wait for dec 3rd 4a respond 4rm him again n til now noting ebay s just telin me to wait til 9th again, na so d wait go reach nxt year

4me American re more dubious dan us,hungry pple

How are we sure it's not our brothers that are playing a fast one? I think the eBay and PayPal resolution may be the way to go as suggested. I got my eBay items in the past and in fact, I am going (by day break today) to collect a TV that I won last night on eBay (UK) auction in person.

I remember I used to receive Western Union Money Transfer MTCN collection numbers in my spam email saying that I should go for collection. When I once verified the MTCN online, it actually shows that the number is truly a WU number for already claimed funds. The eBay scammer too may have a way of getting/generating the USPS tracking number without dropping of the item there for shipment.

I still have another seller that keeps debiting my card every month about N15k for such supplements, which I didn't solicit for and I keep asking myUS.com to abandon/dispose every month. I had to get their contact so as to warn them to desist from charging my card.
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by mavinc4u(f): 9:01am On Dec 08, 2014
arbitrage:

How are we sure it's not our brothers that are playing a fast one? I think the eBay and PayPal resolution may be the way to go as suggested. I got my eBay items in the past and in fact, I am going (by day break today) to collect a TV that I won last night on eBay (UK) auction in person.
I remember I used to receive Western Union Money Transfer MTCN collection numbers in my spam email saying that I should go for collection. When I once verified the MTCN online, it actually shows that the number is truly a WU number for already claimed funds. The eBay scammer too may have a way of getting/generating the USPS tracking number without dropping of the item there for shipment.
I still have another seller that keeps debiting my card every month about N15k for such supplements, which I didn't solicit for and I keep asking myUS.com to abandon/dispose every month. I had to get their contact so as to warn them to desist from charging my card.

Yes, you can generate USPS tracking shipping label online. The number becomes valid at their end when the customer delivers the item with shipping label on the package at any of the office if not the number remains invalid
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by chiboy11(m): 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
See d mail below dat Ebay sent to me,I ve cald dem,I mailed dem,infact ii don't kno wat else shud I do again.

Ebay is not helping matas atall, even if dey decideto refund my money how about d shiping amount of 14$ I paid for it,n again since our paypal don't receive $ ow wil I get d money.

If u check dis seller page of recent more dan 30pple ve posted nagative Scam report on his page n ebay can't even stop dat guy.

Abitrage 4dat guy to b my nigerian broda like u say ,I doubt cuse he has a US shop, wel I won't say sha anytin can hapen but ebay s just not helping isue here

Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by sonnie10: 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
You can get another for $53 plus $20 shipping to Lagos. You get it in 10 working days.
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by mavinc4u(f): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2014
chiboy11:
See d mail below dat Ebay sent to me,I ve cald dem,I mailed dem,infact ii don't kno wat else shud I do again.

Ebay is not helping matas atall, even if dey decideto refund my money how about d shiping amount of 14$ I paid for it,n again since our paypal don't receive $ ow wil I get d money.

If u check dis seller page of recent more dan 30pple ve posted nagative Scam report on his page n ebay can't even stop dat guy.

Abitrage 4dat guy to b my nigerian broda like u say ,I doubt cuse he has a US shop, wel I won't say sha anytin can hapen but ebay s just not helping isue here

What exactly did you request? You are to file a dispute claim against the seller. I think you are following the wrong procedure, any way you can check if there is any button like escalate on your request to escalate the case if not you would not get any money after 28th December
Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by chiboy11(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
Whaooo Paypal just refunded me back my money yestaday,I can't blive it still

Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by arbitrage: 4:02am On Dec 16, 2014
chiboy11:
Whaooo Paypal just refunded me back my money yestaday,I can't blive it still

That's good! But then how was your Nigerian PayPal account able to receive such refund or you mean it landed in your Nigerian card account linked to the PayPal?

1 Like

Re: The American Abracatabra ( Ebay Scam) by chiboy11(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
I just got n alert 4rm my acess bank on d stated amount,I also did a calculation n found out dat I gain on dat money,meaning it waz return wiiit d curent rate of $ but not d rate I sent d money

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Possible Means Of Modifying Your BVN Name? Please Help! / Avoid Container Rain During Sea Transport With Desiccant Bags/moisture Condensat / Looking To Gain Weight But To No Avail??, This Is For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.