Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Should Only Lawyers Occupy Legislative Posts In The Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Only Lawyers Occupy Legislative Posts In The Country? (385 Views)

Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd / Jonathan’s Rally: Soldiers Occupy Rivers Amiesimaka Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Only Lawyers Occupy Legislative Posts In The Country? by DarePeters(m): 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
This issue I believe have been a debatable one among pple due to different views.The Legislature being an arm of the govt saddled with the responsibility of making laws performs an important role as the laws they passed after being assented affects all citizens. So powerful are they that laws can be passed even if the bill wasn't assented by the executive (president).All that is needed to be done is another two third vote of the law makers and the bill automatically becomes a law (I stand to be corrected).For an arm of govt as strong as this, most have argued that those who should occupy the posts are those grounded in the learning of the law and not lay men to avoid making and enacting of unjust and unnecessary laws while some have argued otherwise.Let's share our views on this.

(1) (Reply)

That APC Presidential Debate / Obasanjo Presenting Autobiography, My Watch, In Lagos / 185 Women And Children Abducted In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.