Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. (18840 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lanxlot(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
No joke, I would choose to come across several police Or army checking-point rather than have an encounter with a stationed group of Federal road safety commission. popularly called ROAD-SAFETY (FRSC). Those people are terrible.

oga paaarkk.....no, no....away from the road.
step On your break.
put On your head-light.
Where is your triangle?
k.
what about your fire extinguisher?
Eheh! oya On your wiper.
hope you have basket in your car to dispose off refuse after eating?
they will even go as far as checking your particulars.

Their enquiry or problem have no limit, all in an attempt to find fault with your car in other to extort money from you....motor wen dem no knw hw u take buy am.

Heheh, they caught my neighbour. what Was the problem?? they said one of his tyre has expired. worse, the amount of money they demand if you are found guilty is so exorbitant. the guy bailed his car with 6,000 naira. see me o, person when no get tyre they tell another person say him tyre dun expire. This is the special time they ply their trade. december na, amassing wealth from motorist..... But, what are they even safe guarded

14 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by redcliff: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
But for real.. do they ask for bssket? Omo anybody that does that one with me. I go para for am o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lanxlot(m): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2014
redcliff:
But for real.. do they ask for bssket? Omo anybody that does that one with me. I go para for am o
travel to, Or from onitcha and u will understand beta....especially if d pson is a transporter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by amunkita(m): 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Dey told my fwend his tyre is expired, as a sharp guy d guy asked d officer to come show him d expiry date on their own vehicle tyre, d officer find d expiry date 4 close to 20 mins nd dem still no see am.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lanxlot(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
grin grin
amunkita:
Dey told my fwend his tyre is expired, as a sharp guy d guy asked d officer to come show him d expiry date on their own vehicle tyre, d officer find d expiry date 4 close to 20 mins nd dem still no see am.
but guy ur name funi oo....Amunkita=dog penis.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lonelydora: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Road Safety officers have no right whatsoever to check particulars. They can check your tyres expiry date which is part of their work if they wish to do so.

Is this our Road Safety Officers doing this unsafe act?

4 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by nairalife2013(m): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Thank God I got no close friend or relation in dat profession! They really piss!!

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lanxlot(m): 5:32am On Dec 06, 2014
lonelydora:
Road Safety officers have no right whatsoever to check particulars. They can check your tyres expiry date which is part of their work.

tell them that if u encounter dem.....d 1ces wen catch My neighbour de with lawyer dat day....if de notice sumtin out of place, u either pay Or de judge u ryt there n then. Omoh! dem kill dat day....made lots of cash.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lonelydora: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
tell them that if u encounter dem.....d 1ces wen catch My neighbour de with lawyer dat day....if de notice sumtin out of place, u either pay Or de judge u ryt there n then. Omoh! dem kill dat day....made lots of cash.
Because nobody challenged that. Its only drivers licence they are suppose to check. I have been encountering them on the road and have been telling them that. I know their limits. And once you tell then that; they won't argue.

3 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by lanxlot(m): 5:52am On Dec 06, 2014
lonelydora:

Because nobody challenged that. Its only drivers licence they are suppose to check. I have been encountering them on the road and have been telling them that. I know their limits. And once you tell then that; they won't argue.
aiit. me no Fit shout sha. na to avoid dem lyk most drivers. if de gain cognizance dat de r at a junction de folo d oda road. if deriz an alternative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by 9icetoo(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2014
I don't know if they have any right to check for a tires expiry date. However there is a flaw with checking a tires expiry date. What a manufacturer stamps on a tire is date or week and year of production and never the expiry date. there is no definite time frame established anywhere to use as a yard stick to say a tire has expired though there are recommendations that it should be changed after certain number of years. Some say 7 years, some say 8 while others quote as low as 6 years. On that premise, their evaluation of your tires expiry is flawed. Different grades of tires and makes use different compound in different quantities which either extend their useful lives or reduces them. Storage is also a factor. If ever a road safety officer opens his mouth to tell me that my tires have expired, he had better hope he has enough brains to match my next action. Some of them even drive with bald tires. mtchew. angry

6 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by SaiBuharii: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Wait till VIO arrest you...that will definitely be your worst nightmare. You go beg make dem Collect settlement like pikin.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
oga no vex... They are vexed that NSCDC started to use gun before them. finish.!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by gbodimowo(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ok
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by tspun(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Obedience is the mother of success and
is wedded to safety.
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by holatin(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Ve a complete automobile credentials/particulars then you wount be scared of them a bit.
note: fire extinguisher is needed
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by kolidave: 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hmm
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Isiterere(m): 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
atleast den dey do their work , police and army don fail us .
I always hand over those commercial cab driver without proper seat-belt to them, cos I can't be fooling myself with my life while trying to fake a spoilt seat-belt

ALL IZZ WELL

4 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2014
*rolls eyes* Really?! On FP? SMH

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Jaideyone(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
u are not alone!!!
police men only want to see your vehicle papers and driver's license.

road safety and vio want to see all your papers, driver's license, fire extinguisher.

vio will book u if your lights or indicators are not working.

one vio officer even asked for first aid box. I was like wtf

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Funniez: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
The other idiot stopped me one day while I was returnin from Abuja. Road safety: ur spare tyre? Me: see am.... Road safety: fire extinguisher? Me: see am. R.S: your vehicle particulars & driving license? Me: see am here. After him don ask me for evrytin come see say I dey cleared...... R.S: so anyting 4 d guys?? Me: I no go give u shishi. R.S: ok borrow me #100 make I buy card do call. Me: I say I no give u, na by force?. R.S: Ok lend me ur phone make I do d call. Me: I no get money 4 my phone. R.S: what So if u get accident now how u go take call ur family make them come carry you Ennm? Oya park!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
One asked me for safety knife_____ just when I felt I was law abiding.

I was like wtf shocked

He said, just incase your sit belt hooks,
__ do you intend using your teeth to cut it off??

I knew my own done be immediately. cry
Naso I take buy 'pen-knife' put for car.
Tomorrow police will see it and call me serial-killer...the Lord is my strength o.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Then what will you say about VIO?

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by BE811APP: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Me too..
But vio is worst..

Those people no dey fear God..

1 Like

Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Jaideyone(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
One asked me for safety knife

I was like wtf shocked

He said, just incase your sit belt hooks,
__ do you intend using your teeth to cut it off??

I knew my own done be immediately. cry
lmao @safety knife. wait till they ask for first aid box
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Dreyl(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hmmm
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Kunleskey(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lols
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by skubido(m): 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
na so
Re: I Am More Afraid Of Road Safety Than Police And Army. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
Jaideyone:
lmao @safety knife. wait till they ask for first aid box

That was my first time of hearing it.
He said probably i just started driving.
I didn't wanna argue or get him worked up, so that my offence won't increase.

I agreed, that I'm just a pre-degree driver...lol.

He gave me this long tutorial of accident scenes where they couldn't rescue the occupants fast bc their seat belts were stuck.
___ and they didn't have safety knife

Guy, naso I take buy the knife o.

#GetWellSoon @Tosyne2much kiss
5 Reasons you should get well soon
__ I love you
__I love you
__I love you
__I love you
__God loves you most... grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range / How A Mechanic Made A Nigerian Woman Drive With A Missing Suspension Linkage / 15 Awesome Toyota Facts You Have To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.