Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? (3049 Views)

Brazilian Hair, Indian Full Lace And Front Lace Wig Available / Buy Lawyers' Wigs And Gowns As Well As Other Legal Accessories At Low Cost / wetin dey do lawyers sef? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Am sure most of us, the science and any other course not related to LAW would be wondering why lawyers have to wear wig, is it compulsory undecided or any reason behind this?

2 Shares

Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
Why do doctors wear their Lab Coat?
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
MzNelly:
Why do doctors wear their Lab Coat?
I believe protection from bacteria while treating a patient, so i wonder what the lawyers protect themselves from! undecided
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
zleemshaddy:
I believe protection from bacteria while treating a patient, so i wonder what the lawyers protect themselves from! undecided
From dust! angry
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
MzNelly:

From dust! angry
cheesy grin Or maybe because bald headed men would make a funny scene in court wink grin
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
zleemshaddy:
cheesy grin Or maybe because bald headed men would make a funny scene in court wink grin
LOL cheesy It's an age-old tradition jhoor
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by motherlode: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
I wonder shocked but I think it's somehow for identification because whenever you see that stuff on their head cheesy you would know that person is a lawyer grin
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
MzNelly:

LOL cheesy It's an age-old tradition jhoor
cheesy Alrt if u say so grin
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
motherlode:
I wonder shocked but I think it's somehow for identification because whenever you see that stuff on their head cheesy you would know that person is a lawyer grin
yh bt am sure there is a reason tho .
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by braine(m): 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
zleemshaddy:

Yes.. I read sometime ago of a lawmaker/king in France who was bald headed and wanted to imitate the British and that was how it started... Can't remember further details tho.
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
braine:

Yes.. I read sometime ago of a lawmaker/king in France who was bald headed and wanted to imitate the British and that was how it started... Can't remember further details tho.
seriouzly lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by braine(m): 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2014
zleemshaddy:
seriouzly lipsrsealed

Yes. You can google it for details
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Kingslaw(m): 12:02am On Dec 07, 2014
One reason why they wear the white wigs and the black robes is to do with the rapid turnover of monarchs in the tudor period.
It was a protest, 'mourning' the illegal (as they worked the courts and knew the cases were rigged) execution of Marie Queen Of Scots (amongst others).
The wigs denote experience (through size) and also denote they are 'different' from their normals selves whilst in court and putting their personal emotions aside; whoever you are, you always have the right to an impartial, professional lawyer. Trust me, no matter what your views on bias in the law you want both sides balanced; I've worked with 'string-em-up' types who soon change their tune when accused of speeding or a late tax disk. Then they are glad that defense and prosecution are both always impartial. This is the same thinking as behind many uniforms- for example police, army, nurses - all say 'while I am on duty, I put my own feelings aside and represent the law/state/medical system'.
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 07, 2014
braine:

Yes. You can google it for details
lemme go check it out cheesy
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2014
Kingslaw:
One reason why they wear the white wigs and the black robes is to do with the rapid turnover of monarchs in the tudor period.
It was a protest, 'mourning' the illegal (as they worked the courts and knew the cases were rigged) execution of Marie Queen Of Scots (amongst others).
The wigs denote experience (through size) and also denote they are 'different' from their normals selves whilst in court and putting their personal emotions aside; whoever you are, you always have the right to an impartial, professional lawyer. Trust me, no matter what your views on bias in the law you want both sides balanced; I've worked with 'string-em-up' types who soon change their tune when accused of speeding or a late tax disk. Then they are glad that defense and prosecution are both always impartial. This is the same thinking as behind many uniforms- for example police, army, nurses - all say 'while I am on duty, I put my own feelings aside and represent the law/state/medical system'.
*hehehe great job man... #thumbs up 4 d info cheesy
Re: Why Do Lawyers Wear WIG ??? by constance500: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
Answer from yahoo

(1) (Reply)

GRAPHIC Photos: Decomposing Corpse Of Newborn Baby Found Under Coker Bridge / Tongues Wagging As Mother And Daughter Lip-kiss In Public / End Time:man Gets Stuck Inside A Married Woman While They Were Fornicating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.