Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Husband Of Egopersonified - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Of Egopersonified (30669 Views)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / The Power Of Love In Action:the Story Of Mr. Rosales, Husband Of Half Ton Killer / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by LordReed(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2014
macklef:

Well, u might be right, maybe i see NL diffent from way other people see it, but dey some things that will never

Come up to my head to open a thread about it. Like loosing a loved one? Illd be too consumed in grief that this d last thing ild remember, this thread brings nothing but more grieve, all she keeps seeing is sorry sorry sorry sorry.

Like seriously? Is that what she needs, she needs real people beside her, maybe she dosnt have thats y she has resorted to this.

Forgive me sweety, we reason diffrently, i can open a thread of how robers attacked me and stole from me,

I can open a thread of how my house boy almost poisoned me, i can open a thread catching my little daughter kissing a frog. But mehn this thread?
Well, its a faceless forum n i possibly shouldnt judge, but its weird aff!! Lol

It's not weird to announce the passing of someone who is miles apart albeit is a celebrity but is weird for someone close to do same? LoL

1 Like

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by macklef(m): 10:07am On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

It's not weird to announce the passing of someone who is miles apart albeit is a celebrity but is weird for someone close to do same? LoL

On a faceless forum. Who here apart from the Op knows him body to body or can boast of how he looks like.

Even my unborn children can still mourn einstein cos we know he exists. Thers a diffrence bro.

But lets not argue over this anymore. I dont wanna be tagged as what im far from. Am not just that guy who likes to jump on every moving bus.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by macklef(m): 10:08am On Dec 08, 2014
Cwaya:

Lol .. My man run comot here naa abeg.

I use God beg U
Lol. I don run o.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Dec 08, 2014
macklef:

On a faceless forum. Who here apart from the Op knows him body to body or can boast of how he looks like.

Even my unborn children can still mourn einstein cos we know he exists. Thers a diffrence bro.

But lets not argue over this anymore. I dont wanna be tagged as what im far from. Am not just that guy who likes to jump on every moving bus.

Does his relative obscurity mean he is less important to those who love him? Is his passing any less sad especially for his loved ones?

You "brought your leg out", when you post an opinion on a public forum you have to be ready for those who disagree. If you feel strongly enough about it to put it out there then you should be strong enough for any backlash.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by macklef(m): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Does his relative obscurity mean he is less important to those who love him? Is his passing any less sad especially for his loved ones?

You "brought your leg out", when you post an opinion on a public forum you have to be ready for those who disagree. If you feel strongly enough about it to put it out there then you should be strong enough for any backlash.
U brought einstein to the equation, not me, so dont push what i did not mean on my heas oga.

Refering to ur relative obscurity watever. I only replied u objectively not based on any personal watever.
If i was foolish, foolish me.

We good bro. Lets cut d thread any drama. Aiit.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by LordReed(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2014
macklef:

U brought einstein to the equation, not me, so dont push what i did not mean on my heas oga.

Refering to ur relative obscurity watever. I only replied u objectively not based on any personal watever.
If i was foolish, foolish me.

We good bro. Lets cut d thread any drama. Aiit.

LoL! Was this not you?

macklef:

So how are you now revising it to say it was me?
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by macklef(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

It's not weird to announce the passing of someone who is miles apart [b]albeit [/b]is a celebrity but is weird for someone close to do same? LoL

Did i mis understand u? thought this was a noun. grin grin.lol

Wo oga. Make d matter sleep jareh.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Dec 08, 2014
macklef:

Did i mis understand u? thought this was a noun. grin grin.lol

Wo oga. Make d matter sleep jareh.

LoL albeit =/= albert

albeit Synonyms
although, as, howbeit, much as, notwithstanding, though, when, whereas, while, whilst

1 Like

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2014
macklef:

Well, u might be right, maybe i see NL diffent from way other people see it, but dey some things that will never

Come up to my head to open a thread about it. Like loosing a loved one? Illd be too consumed in grief that this d last thing ild remember, this thread brings nothing but more grieve, all she keeps seeing is sorry sorry sorry sorry.

Like seriously? Is that what she needs, she needs real people beside her, maybe she dosnt have thats y she has resorted to this.

Forgive me sweety, we reason diffrently, i can open a thread of how robers attacked me and stole from me,

I can open a thread of how my house boy almost poisoned me, i can open a thread catching my little daughter kissing a frog. But mehn this thread?
Well, its a faceless forum n i possibly shouldnt judge, but its weird aff!! Lol
shebi u have become Minister of Grieving Affairs you are the one who now determines when and how everyone single person on earth should mourn? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Myluv1: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2014
May his soul rest in peace. My heartfelt condolence to you @Egopersonified
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by maclatunji: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2014
Accept my condolences madam, may God give you the strength to bear this loss.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Splendblex(f): 11:36am On Dec 08, 2014
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.Sorry ma'am
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by unleashed123(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2014
May God comfort you at this trying times.Please accept my condolences
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by ibizgirl(f): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2014
God bless you dear. May Ego draw strenght from these inspiring words.

mercylicious:
Take heart dear.
let the emotions flow. cry if you want to, but in ur cry, dont cry like there is no hope, cos i know there is hope.
You are not the first to lose her husband. my mum did when she was 34. she had 5kids and her last child was still sucking breast. she just had to wean the child. Being a teacher that was paid peanuts and were owed many months salary did not help. Our relatives abandoned us. We ate all manner of food to survive and we were happy.

Somehow, we got closer to God . We prayed every night with songs and hymns and even our neighbours could see that God is with us. We hardly fell sick. we knew there was no money and studied hard to pass every exam. God miraculously supplied all our needs.

My mum's favorite quote became, " I can do ALL things through christ which strenghtens me. " and " our God will supply ALL our needs"

Today, we are better than all those that abandoned us. We have 4 graduates that are all working and the last one is in his final year. We have achieved what most of them dont have hope of acheiving.

Men will come to you for different reasons. Ppl dt are not supposed to talk to you will talk to you. In all , be wise.

If ur husband has greedy relatives, get ready to do ur letter of administration after burial. consult a lawyer.

I wish you the best and will remember you in my prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by macklef(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

LoL albeit =/= albert

albeit Synonyms
although, as, howbeit, much as, notwithstanding, though, when, whereas, while, whilst

Yeah oga mi. I figured it out re-reading.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by donttouch: 11:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Wait oo!

What amai seeing here? Ur husband die die and u still get time dey nairaland?

I DEY SUSPECT U
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On Dec 08, 2014
chaircover:

This is very unlike you angry

You should know that people deal with tragedys differently
You dont know what this poor lady is going through by suddenly losing her hubby of 8 years . .a loving one for that matter, we all know that these types of husbands are very hard to find these days.
I am sure you have heard of post traumatic syndrome
For years I didnt cry after my dad died cos I was scared that once I started, I would never stop so I bottled it all inside me, until one day it all came out

She has always spoken very highly of her hubby on this forum, so I am sure its like her heart has been ripped out right now.
She probably hasnt taken a bath or eaten in these 3 days
Would you rather she ran nakedd on the street tearing her hair out or she needed to be admitted to hospital and put under serious sedation before you accept that she is grieiving the "normal" way?
Please let the woman be to greive anyway that she wants to. She has 3 young kids to consider.
No one wants to be in her situaton; so please let her be.

Indeed it is unlike me.. Infact, I had to think over the matter severally before posting and I maintain my stance..

A husband of 8 years passes away at what I am guessing is a young age and his widow is online less than 3 days later announcing his death to a largely unknown group just to get sympathy responses, likes and shares? Or what exactly? And she was even still online monitoring the post to see the responses. .

Madam please forgive me but this strikes me as very odd.. I suffered a loss this year (pregnancy) and that shiit really put me out for weeks.. And here we are talking about someone's husband of 8 years who passed on less than 4 days ago. I would expect her to be so distraught and surrounded by family that her focus would not even be on her phone let alone a forum.

It's either I am over thinking this or I have lost the plot of what it means to grieve the loss of one's spouse.

The time frame is just too short for comfort..

5 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2014
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Am so sorry for your loss.. Never forget God heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalms 147:3)
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by LordReed(m): 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Indeed it is unlike me.. Infact, I had to think over the matter severally before posting and I maintain my stance..

A husband of 8 years passes away at what I am guessing is a young age and his widow is online less than 3 days later announcing his death to a largely unknown group just to get sympathy responses, likes and shares? Or what exactly? And she was even still online monitoring the post to see the responses. .

Madam please forgive me but this strikes me as very odd.. I suffered a loss this year (pregnancy) and that shiit really put me out for weeks.. And here we are talking about someone's husband of 8 years who passed on less than 4 days ago. I would expect her to be so distraught and surrounded by family that her focus would not even be on her phone let alone a forum.

It's either I am over thinking this or I have lost the plot of what it means to grieve the loss of one's spouse.

You know her personal circumstances? You know her psychological state?

I am pretty sure grief counselors would encourage people to find healthy mechanisms for coping with grief. The sympathy of a faceless public can alleviate the soreness of the grief simply because expression of solidarity always finds a place in the heart.

BTW condolences on your loss.

7 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by jaybee3(m): 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Oga, the fact of the matter is people grieve differently and there really isn’t an acceptable way to grieve the demise of loved ones. The most important thing at this trying time for her is the support network and if she feels hers is restricted to NL then who are we to suggest it’s a wrong way to go about it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Okija, I have a lot of respect for you. Grief can make people do all kinda insane 'ish'. Trust me, I know!!! Lost a loved one recently and some of the stuff that has gone through my mind are so dark that even I fear those thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
@Okijajuju, u may not understand.
Social media has been a medium to ease off some heat.
I recal when i had a very big hit, my social media participation increased.

In some sections, u become used to each other as if you are family members. i know cos i see members of a section in nairaland here called nsempa as my family. if i dont post for days, they ask of me. The same way we do for each other.

She posted this in family section, and i believe she made a lot of friends there. So unfortunate the thread hit frontpage and ppl dt dont know her got to see it.

Let her ease it off anyhow she can.

1 Like

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by dre11(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

I do understand where u are coming from
And I do understand why she posted it

Since we grieve in different ways and use different avenue to console our selves

So, I guess she is using this media to get reprive for her loss

BTW.. ..... Sad about what u did lost tooo

2 Likes

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Thermythorpe(f): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Accept my heartfelt & sincere condolences, Ma'am.. May hs soul RIP.. I use
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Bowaley17(m): 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
May His soul rest in peace...Stay Strong Ma...
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Bowaley17(m): 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
From Him we came,2 Him is our return...May His soul rest in peace...Stay Strong Ma...
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
It's a pity dear. May his soul rest in peace...Amen!! cry cry cry
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by Victor593(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
soory oooo may his soul rest in peace as you get another husband.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by RollingFella(m): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
chaircover:

This is very unlike you angry

You should know that people deal with tragedys differently
You dont know what this poor lady is going through by suddenly losing her hubby of 8 years . .a loving one for that matter, we all know that these types of husbands are very hard to find these days.
I am sure you have heard of post traumatic syndrome
For years I didnt cry after my dad died cos I was scared that once I started, I would never stop so I bottled it all inside me, until one day it all came out

She has always spoken very highly of her hubby on this forum, so I am sure its like her heart has been ripped out right now.
She probably hasnt taken a bath or eaten in these 3 days
Would you rather she ran nakedd on the street tearing her hair out or she needed to be admitted to hospital and put under serious sedation before you accept that she is grieiving the "normal" way?
Please let the woman be to greive anyway that she wants to. She has 3 young kids to consider.
No one wants to be in her situaton; so please let her be.

@ madam CC, i totally agree with you on this. I think okijajuju is a core traditionalist who believes in following some 'african due process' in times like this. The last thing egopersonified needs now is for anybody to judge her. she needs all the support she can get from every NL.

@OP, may God grant your late hubby eternal rest, and may his perpetual light shine upon him.

1 Like

Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by shigo20(m): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
RIP.
Re: Husband Of Egopersonified by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Honey I didn't understand grief till my mum died, we all grieve in different ways, I remember I was on NL a day after I got the news, it didn't mean I didn't love her, I can't even explain why I was online, I just was online, see eh, grief can make you do different things, you just do what comes to mind, I can't even explain it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? / 12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.