Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:34 PM

Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx (1473 Views)

Why Is Nobody Talking About Javafx .. / I Need Help With Javafx Tableview Code. / Thunder Strike The CEO Of Sun Microsystems If JavaFX Fails! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by llbhuds: 9:41am On Dec 07, 2014
hello guys,
im cloning the satellite attack game as a project for my first yr. everything seems to be working fine so far except the magnetic asteroid that needs to move slowly towards the spaceship which i have been unable accomplished for few days now and the game is due for presentation next week. i will be glad if the gurus in the house can help me out. below is the code for the magnetic asteroid class. I AM USING NETBEANS AS MY JVM.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by nollyj: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
One solution is to get a random distant from where the actor is currently standing and this will be the starting location of the enemy.

// the player should have a direction

public enum PlayerDirection{
LEFT,
RIGHT,
UP,
DOWN
};

Example

// get actors x and y location coordinates

int xActorPosition = actorObject.getX();
int yActorPosition = actorObject.getY();

// create enemyObject

MagneticObject asteroid = new MagneticObject("Asteroid", "pathToAsteroid", 64);

// initial starting position of asteroid

int yNewPosition = yActorPosition + initiationDistanceBetweenActorAndEnemy();
asteroid.setLocation(xActorPosition, yNewPosition);

private int initiationDistanceBetweenActorAndEnemy(){
// example return an int within 50 and 100
return Game.getRandomNumber(50, 100);
}

Now to move the enemy toward the player

int minDistance = 10;
int maxDistance = 20;

// get the distance between the player and enemy

int dis = enemyDistanceToPlayer();

private int enemyDistanceToPlayer(){
}

First get the direction of the Player or where the Player is facing or positioned in regard to the enemy

private void moveEnemyTowardsPlayer(){

if(Player.getX() - Enemy.getY() <= maxDistance){

// the enemy or actor can fire bullet
}

PlayerDirection direction = PlayerDirection.LEFT;

int enemySpeed = actor.getSpeed() + 3;

switch (direction) {
case LEFT:
asteroid.setSpeed(enemySpeed);
break;
case RIGHT:
break;
case UP:
break;
case DOWN:
break;
}

}

I hope that this little idea will help you

Best of luck
Re: Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by llbhuds: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
thanks for you help @nollyj
but it doesn't seems to work.
no idea why because there isnt any bug while i compiled it but the game isnt running after adding this codes ( after modification of the codes).
Re: Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by nollyj: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
I wrote the code to give you some insight about the problem. I did not test it since the game is part of a framework you are working on there is no way I can test the code independently
Re: Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by llbhuds: 6:42am On Dec 08, 2014
Yea i know its just an idea nd thats why i tried to use d few i i Think should help, mind u, the code gave me alot if ideas but still cant make it follow d spaceship. I can send d codes to u as a zip file so mayb u can check it nd help me.
mchris3k@yahoo.com u can send a mail here incase u dont wanna drop urs
thanks
Re: Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by nollyj: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2014
llbhuds:
Yea i know its just an idea nd thats why i tried to use d few i i Think should help, mind u, the code gave me alot if ideas but still cant make it follow d spaceship. I can send d codes to u as a zip file so mayb u can check it nd help me.
mchris3k@yahoo.com u can send a mail here incase u dont wanna drop urs
thanks

I would have loved to help but I have limited time now and your deadline is within the week. If I finish what I am doing by tomorrow I will let you know.
Re: Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx by llbhuds: 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ok. Thanks for ur time

(1) (Reply)

Rate Me: I Have Completed Coding Of A Mobile Social Network (afroblacks.com) / A Php Mysql Server That Works Well On Android Version 8.0 / Tit Bits From Elmac Digital Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.