Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) (106163 Views)

Chris Ngige's Visit To Abia State (Photos) / Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by ikpeazu2015: 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
B2mario:

B2mario cannot be ignored on Nairaland, cos Nairaland can't do with my absence.

Bro TA Orji failed Aba but that does not mean that Aba is the worst and dirtiest city in SE, you nd I Know the dirtiest city.

Aba might be neglected for now but it still retain its pride and glory.

I'm an old member on this nairaland though i am not always steady, believe me Anambrarains are the problem of Igboland and are envy of anything good happening in other parts of igboland.

I know that they are looking for a way to derail this beautiful thread.

If Aba and Umuahia managed to be in Anambra, they will receive much praise than what we are accorded today.

Umuahia has been the capital of Owerri province, Biafra and now Abia state while Aba is the most important city in igboland, the most industrious, populous and largest. It was built by all nigerians just like Lagos. All igbos and non igbos helped in the development of Aba especially Abia, Imo, Anambra and Akwa ibom.

Aba name has been spoilt on internet and i've seen it as something very paramount to correct, Aba is not dirty as people think and the city is well planned.

It was Politicians that destroyed Aba image with their sheer politics, look what Ikpeazu2015 is doing here while he should know that it was their Oga, TA Orji that brought shame to Aba.

I'm an old man on Nairaland and I've seen and read many things about Aba and Abia state. Pride apart, Abia region starting from the colonial era to today has contributed to the upliftment of igboland in terms of politics, social , commerce and industry. Abia, imo and Anambra are the pride of igboland and Abians are the 1st Igbos to participated actively in Nigeria politics so i don't know why some section of people are bringing us to dust just because of perceived pride.

I'm always truthful with whatever I'm doing in life and i say things the way they are, if I'm no longer needed on Nairaland i will leave because i have many things to border with not just Nairaland problem.

I have posted Aba pics here and if anyone doubt them let them come and get the 1st class information by themselves. Lets not think that some people are better than us just because they are Comfortable leaving in a worst environment.

Anambrarains who always like to criticize other igbo states, what is the conditions of their state. Big thanks to Obiano who's now giving the state a facelift.

my brother forget all these nonsense you are doing. it cannot help. when it comes to dirty environment and bad roads aba has no equals in the south east. i am from aba and i know that aba's situation he very bad. i will continue to say it ouk spoilt aba. i am very optimistic that ikpeazu being an aba boy will correct all those things. let us vote wisely by voting ikpeazu.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
ikpeazu2015:

i will get the documents and upload it here for all to see. @ b2mario, please stop all this nonsense. i am from aba too and i know my town very well. when it comes to dirty and bad roads aba has got it ahead of any town at least in the south east, i dont know about nigeria but nothing is permanent, we can still get it right with right person in power. if we vote ikpeazu next year i am sure as an aba boy our state shall be brought out from this mess.

So you are still campaigning for Ikpeazu, has the problem in PDP ratified?

My dear for your information be ready to project Nwadiala or Ogah cos either 2 must be picked in place of Ikpeazu.

If you are now telling people that Aba is dirty where your man was told to take care of that, why then are we campaigning for him? that means he has failed already cos he failed to handle his work well.

You don't know how to do campaign, you've been disgracing us here.

Oga, Aba is not dirty and that is the major reason why i was supporting Ikpeazu but you've fallen my hands.

Mind you Rochas is from Ogboko but go to Imo and see what he's doing to Owerri city despite the fact that Owerri is not his home town. So any man from Arochukwu, isukwuato or Ukwa can rebuild Aba if he wishes.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by ikpeazu2015: 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
abeg let us stop this back and forth. i have conscience, i cant support people blindly without at least telling you the truth. ikpeazu tried his best as a deputizing officer but it does not remove the fact that aba is still very dirty when compared to other south east towns and cities and requires government marshal action to restore it in good condition. the roads are bad that asepa people do not even have access to most of the places. so aba needs serious budget and government will if not it will continue to get worse. the only reason i am supporting ikpeazu is because he told us last month in aba that he will make a special budget for aba, and that is what aba needs and not haphazard approach like ouk did. please let us all work for the enthronement of ikpeazu.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
ikpeazu2015:

my brother forget all these nonsense you are doing. it cannot help. when it comes to dirty environment and bad roads aba has no equals in the south east. i am from aba and i know that aba's situation he very bad. i will continue to say it ouk spoilt aba. i am very optimistic that ikpeazu being an aba boy will correct all those things. let us vote wisely by voting ikpeazu.

Oga voting wisely is to drop Ikpeazu if you are going by that. So you are trying to tell me that TA Orji govt who is receiving tens of Billion naira in a month is better than Orji Uzor Kalu who received just hundreds of million naira during his own time.

Hmmmm, Oga you must be unserious. I've been defending my state not Ochendo cos he's the worst and if PDP candidate goes with his name he will fail.

Most beautiful places in Umuahia who built them, the library/Akanu ibiam road popular known as bank road, all the roads in govt layout, Aguiyi Ironsi layout and so on?

Orji Uzor never played with workers' salary which Ochendo is doing today. Orji Uzor Kalu gave free education to primary and secondary schools and Absu and Abiapoly were paying fees less down N20,000 but now under Ochendo how much are they paying?

Kalu created many roads in Aba like the MCC, Umule, umuocham and many others but which one did Ochondo do?

He was the person that built his Igberre, item, alayi, Abiriba and Ohaofia but what did Ochendo do for Ohuhu, Ubakala, Olokoro, Ikwuano, Umuokpara and his Ibeku except the few markets he relocated and Missiohill and Bende rd he divided?

Everybody knows that kalu did very well in his 1st tenure and won best governor for two consecutive times. Before the inception of his govt both of us know that all the roads in Abia were in deplorable states even the ones built by Mbakwe and filgerows but he rehabilitated all of them and created new ones.

Tenant rd, milvaton rd, market rd, Kent rd, school rd infact almost all the roads in the Aba main town were untarred except the major roads, though Mbakwe constructed some of these roads gutter before they were obstructed by the military but kalu tarred all of them.

During kalu regime one can be proud to tell one that starting from CKC cathedral to brass junction is the Aba main town because then these places were neat and beautiful but in Ochondo regime, you hardly see anywhere in Aba they are giving any attention.

During Kalu regime Okigwe and Eziukwu roads were calculated as one of the finest roads but now what's the condition of the 2 roads.

Oga don't call OUK black trying to praise Ochendo cos in the history of Abia state apart from military regimes Ochendo is the worst considering what he's receiving as monthly allocations.

Ochendo did not do anything in Aba rather he frustrated Aba.

I was supporting Ikpeazu just because he's from Aba city not because of Ochendo or PDP.

And mind you, Otti is not from Arochukwu as we say, he's from Isiala Ngwa south and can pull our votes.

Thanks, and stop campaigning as Custonized13 told you.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
ikpeazu2015:
abeg let us stop this back and forth. i have conscience, i cant support people blindly without at least telling you the truth. ikpeazu tried his best as a deputizing officer but it does not remove the fact that aba is still very dirty when compared to other south east towns and cities and requires government marshal action to restore it in good condition. the roads are bad that asepa people do not even have access to most of the places. so aba needs serious budget and government will if not it will continue to get worse. the only reason i am supporting ikpeazu is because he told us last month in aba that he will make a special budget for aba, and that is what aba needs and not haphazard approach like ouk did. please let us all work for the enthronement of ikpeazu.

So you have agreed that OUk even gave haphazard approach, then what did TA Orji give.

Oga politicians are the same, all of them are speaking the same special attention to Aba.

Now is a campaign period, they will come and upload useless picture on the internet and term it Aba and claim how they will transform Aba into New York just to canvass for our vote. But we they win they Start singing another story.

Pls you should leave Aba, it's not dirty. I've posted its pics here, go back and check.

Must every Abia politician disgrace Aba during campaign.

Oga, I'm an insider and I'm telling you that Okezie Ikpeazu is having serious problem with PDP and might be dropped.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by ICHINONYE(m): 1:59am On Jan 02, 2015
[size=14pt]@B2mario if i may ask ow old re u,re u sure ure normal wel this s wat we c when charlatans and riffraff masquerade under d internet 2say trash, with this now i will conclude ure mentally unstable or myopic about everything uve been posting here since, i doubt if u even know the meaning of politic or good governance nor let me even say what a secondary standard infrastructure means,talking to you here now means i am talking to a psychologically retard patient whom will only open his flirty mouth to exhume any word dat cut across his mind.

But i will do u a good favor now by explaing to u in details since ure dumbfounded about the true picture of our state n i will use the Jigawa state as a reference since u claim Abia Budgeted peanut when compare to Jigawa state .
[/size]
[size=18pt]Budget of ABIA n JIGAWA STATE FROM 2011 TO 2014 >[/size]

ABIA STATE >
Budget for 2011 = N85.9 billion
budget for 2012 = N122.4 billion
budget for 2013 = N137.2 billion
budget for 2014 = N115.3 billion
Total is = 460.8 Billion Naira

JIGAWA STATE
Budget for 2011 = N77.2 billion
budget for 2012 = N104.4 billion
budget for 2013 = N115.4 billion
budget for 2013 = N114.7 billion
Total is = 411.7 Billion Naira

[size=18pt] Abia hz more than N49.1 Billion in four years so tell me what the criminal use our money to do,you cant in any way compare whats on ground in Jigawa to that of Abia , or do u want me to post beter roads,hospitals , schools n even an international airport in Jigawa state, may be u shud use goggle since ure sick at the moment and need a referral to a psychiatric hospital,i wont come here Again to argue with you cuse i se ure Ta.Orji criminal Associates, just know its everyday for the thief here n one day for the owner,this time around you people will not win.

i will leave this tread for you now, continue posting silly n stupid pictures which even the worst suburb in Lagos state now like Ajengule has more beter face than it. Bye
[/size]
SOURCE OF BUDGETS QUOTES.........................
ABIA STATE

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/abia-budgets-n122-4bn-for-2012/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/abia-assembly-passes-n137bn-budget-for-2013/
http://www.abiastate.gov.ng/news/press/abia-state-2014-budget-of-legacy-consolidation-signed-into-law-by-h-e-t-a-orji/
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2011/05/abia-house-empowers-bakassi-boys-to.html

JIGAWA STATE

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/25-sunday-trust-magazine/community-news-pyramid-trust/3595-an-insight-into-sule-lamidos-n7725bn-budget
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/6-northern-states-budget-n732-8bn-for-2012/
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/jigawa-assembly-passes-2013-budget/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lamido-presents-2014-budget-of-n114-7bn-to-assembly/168300/

B2mario:

So Jigawa now receives peanut compare to Abia state?

You must be silly, so what is essence of cry of marginalization by Igbos, is like you don't check monthly allocations from the Office of the Accountant General of the federation. Keeping on claiming Abia because you want your state party to rule us.

I wish Otti well but bet me he must dump Apga if he wins tomorrow.

Beside, i don't care who wins. All the aspirants are Abians and i want God to give us someone that will work with utmost sincerity.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by akanuson: 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
Enyimba fc

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by akanuson: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
igbo nation need unity to get it right

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by akanuson: 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
you pray for me, i pray for you because we need each other to survived

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
I don't want to comment on this thread
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by akanuson: 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
inner street in Abia village ,not too bad

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by akanuson: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
still on village

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
akanuson:
Enyimba fc

Face of Igbo architecture. Aba has numerous modern glass houses though but this is a galore of typical Igbotic 4,5 and 6 storey buildings.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
Enyimba FC is the most successful football club in Nigeria.

Abia kwenu!
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Scenes fro Enyimba Stadium.

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by SonOfEl(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
DEAR ABIANS UMUNNAM, THINK DEEPLY BEFORE CASTING YOUR VOTE. ABIA MUST MAKE A GIANT LEAP THIS YEAR. I LOVE MY ABIA- GOD'S OWN STATE.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
SonOfEl:
DEAR ABIANS UMUNNAM, THINK DEEPLY BEFORE CASTING YOUR VOTE. ABIA MUST MAKE A GIANT LEAP THIS YEAR. I LOVE MY ABIA- GOD'S OWN STATE.
you have election update? Nothing seem to be happening.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by SonOfEl(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
customized13:
you have election update? Nothing seem to be happening.

dont worry bro, the year is still very fresh... Events will start playing out real soon.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
ROSSIKE:
This is how they must build every street, or else they're still swimming in mediocrity:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1936563_1662402abanorth3jpeg3ac0bd12a22ced72560e4dc85f0d9eee_jpega814f87e065f489e3e372eb729fa1d99
where is this

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
customized13:
Still on umuahia
bros which part of Umuahia is this.... it bas 4 yrs now i have not touch that town
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
kaycid77:

bros which part of Umuahia is this.... it bas 4 yrs now i have not touch that town
which picture is that, can you post it again?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
customized13:
which picture is that, can you post it again?

I can even remember that page i saw it damn....anyway I am a bit relieved, who ever come to Nairaland and tell me that my state is the worst state in the east of the niger should get his head checked...but we need improvement in some streets and markets...and there should be sanitation Agency to clean up streets
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
kaycid77:

I can even remember that page i saw it damn....anyway I am a bit relieved, who ever come to Nairaland and tell me that my state is the worst state in the east of the niger should get his head checked...but we need improvement in some streets and markets...and there should be sanitation Agency to clean up streets

All of Nigeria is in dare need of development but Abia is not living up to expectations as a major commercial and industrial hub of Igbos and Nigerians. It is same with other States with such potential mostly as a result of unitary system practised today in Nigeria. More needs to be done on majir roads of Aba which are mostly federal roads.

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
More from Aba

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
kaycid77:

yap, you are so right bro.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
thanks abagworo, you come show us APC secretariat grin

thanks anyway
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
aba
kaycid77:

where is this
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Aba pictures

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
More

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
Aba need roads with markings and pedestrian walkways. The city is enormously endowed with individual who strife hard, the government isn't just playing its part.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by RareDiamond: 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
THIS WONDERFUL THREAD MUST NOT GO INTO OBLIVION. B2Mario, Customized13 and other compatriots kindly take note.

source: nationalmirroronline.net
NDDC builds 52-bedroom flats for soldiers in Abia
6 days ago 2 Views news Copy
• VC wants commission to complete hostel

Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, has completed two buildings with 52 one-bedroom flats at the144 Battalion of the Nigerian Army in Asa, Ukwa-West Local Government Area of Abia State.

Also, the commission said it is building a detached bungalow for the commanding officer of the battalion, according to a statement issued in Port Harcourt and signed by Head, Corporate Affairs, NDDC, Ibitoye Abosede.

The two projects located inside the barracks were inspected on Wednesday by top NDDC officials led by the Managing Director, Sir Bassey Dan-Abia, in company of the Commanding Officer 144 Battalion, Lieutenant Colonel Rasheed Omolori.

Dan-Abia assured the commanding officer that the two blocks of flats of one-storey each and the commander’s quarters would be commissioned in a few weeks time.

He underlined the fact that housing was one of the fundamental needs of man, noting that soldiers deserved to be accommodated in decent buildings.

The NDDC boss commended members of the armed forces for making sacrifices for the peace and security of the country and pledged that the NDDC would continue to provide support in the area of social infrastructure for the military units in the Niger Delta region.

According to him, “meeting the basic human need for shelter is very important even for soldiers. More importantly, the commander cannot afford not to be properly sheltered.”

On his part, Commanding Officer of the 144 Battalion, Lt. Col. Omolori, thanked NDDC for its concern for the welfare of soldiers operating in the Niger Delta.

He also applauded the commission for its development efforts and assured of adequate security in the region.

It would be recalled that the NDDC built a 30-flat complex for the II Brigade Nigeria Army, Port Harcourt. The commission also built a similar block of flats at the 343 Artillery Regiment, Elele Barracks, in Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Meanwhile, Vice Chancellor of the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, Professor Henry Edeoga, has appealed to management of NDDC to speed up completion of the 522-bed modern hostel being built for students of the school.

Edeoga, who made the appeal when top officials of the commission came to inspect the hostel in Umudike, said he was making the urgent appeal because students of the university were threatening to move into the hostel, which was still receiving finishing touches.

He said the university thought the hostel would be ready for hand-over late last year and had therefore, admitted 6,000 students on the assumption that they would be fully accommodated.

The vice chancellor thanked President Goodluck Jonathan for directing the NDDC to urgently complete ongoing projects before embarking on new ones, saying the projects deserved to be given priority.

He also thanked the NDDC Managing Director, for coming personally to supervise the project.

http://uncova.com/nddc-builds-52-bedroom-flats-for-soldiers-in-abia
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by RareDiamond: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2015

FG Begins Training of Abia Youths on Cassava Processing

POSTED ON: Dec 02, 2014 /
TAGGED: agriculture

In line with President Goodluck Jonathan's Agricultural Transformation Agenda, the federal government has flagged off a three-day training of youths and women in the eleven autonomous communities of Nkporo kingdom in Abia State on cassava processing and value chain addition.

Cassava-Transformation.pngThe programme is part of government's efforts to reduce poverty in rural communities. House of Representatives Chairman on Agriculture Hon. Mohammed Monguno said the exercise was initiated by his committee to empower rural youths and women. He said the exercise would further help to ensure food security in the country and boost export of farm produce.

Monguno said participants would receive cash grants at the end of the training to enable them start off personal businesses. Participants would be trained on processing of cassava into finished products like bread, chin chin, cakes and other delicacies, adding that over 50 youths were targeted at the first phase of the programme.

In her address at the event, Chief Executive of Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute, Ilorin, Dr. Mrs. Comfort Jolayemi said the project was one of the several projects by ARTIM to facilitate rapid development of rural communities in Nigeria. The ARTIM boss said Nkporo was selected for the project because “it is one of the leading cassava producing communities in Abia State,” adding that it will help creat more jobs among the youths.

President Jonathan's reform agenda in the agriculture sector has helped to eliminate corruption in fertilizer distribution and positioned the sector as a viable business venture rather than a form of social service, helping move Nigeria forward.

http://www.forwardnigeria.ng/fg_begins_training_of_abia_youths_on_cassava_processing

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.