Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White (27520 Views)

Tips To Whiten Your Teeths / A Bro Needs Advice On His Dark Lips! / How To Make Your Teeths As White As Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Idowuogbo(f): 2:07am On Dec 09, 2014
Op,see your dentist.You might need to go in every six months for polishing.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Greataausim(m): 2:08am On Dec 09, 2014
I guess u are frm Jos shocked although i wil advise u to use close up..... grin
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by chamboy(m): 2:09am On Dec 09, 2014
GEJ should b blamed for dis angry
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by sleemoon(m): 2:14am On Dec 09, 2014
Viewing this topic: Cherlene ( f), hajruna, bodeoni, Akindebbie( f), GoodBoi1 ( m), weedtaker
( m ), harmory1 ( m ), tosinjoe ( m), dvee2 , ontheair , Isiri , remcoface , PerfumeRepublik ,
donchichi , emshaw , BellaBambina ( f), tochimas ( f ), nijanigga , coogar, drnairalov ( m ),
musicwriter( m), Bimffo, chr1s ( m ), mosquitoway , splasher , Egbagirl ( f), amen1967 and 27
guest(s)

Una no dey shleep?

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by drnairalov: 2:15am On Dec 09, 2014
Idowuogbo:

Emmm...you are literally scraping off your enamel ya no? undecided

sis I never knew..!! I was taught also.. tnx
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by kandiikane(m): 2:17am On Dec 09, 2014
Idowuogbo:

Emmm...you are literally scraping off your enamel ya no? undecided

if you use it over a long period of time.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by kayalla(f): 2:18am On Dec 09, 2014
1. use baking soda and oxygen peroxide, mix into a paste and brush with it.
2. use lemon juice and baking soda, mix into a paste brush with it for about 2 mins and rinse.

it works.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Missy89(f): 2:20am On Dec 09, 2014
Brush twice in the morning and before you go to bed.

Use the paste first then use baking soda for the second round.

You should see improvements in 2 weeks
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by toygod2: 2:45am On Dec 09, 2014
grin
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 09, 2014
Visit a dentist bro....they'll do a tooth cleanser...just keep like 8k or more depending the dental centre.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Erection(m): 2:47am On Dec 09, 2014
Have you been to the U.k ?? They all got brown teeth. see a dentist, i once had brown teeth but i went to the dentist for teeth polishing.

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Ndipe(m): 3:07am On Dec 09, 2014
try scrubbing it with grounded charcoal
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 09, 2014
From your description, OP, your case seems to match what I highlighted in blue. The cause of your tooth discoloration is internal, meaning you can't "clean" the color off. It must be bleached, or covered with veneers. Either see a dentist, or research ways to bleach your teeth at home. Do so safely and responsibly.

There are two factors causing tooth discoloration-internal factor and external factor

External factors causing tooth discoloration
• Brown and black stains on the surface of teeth
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_05.jpg[/img]

Cause
Habitual smoking or drinking of dark-coloured beverages, such as tea or coffee, result in the food colours being adsorbed onto the tooth surfaces.

Treatment
The dentist will use:
° Dental pumice to remove the stain, and then prophylaxis paste to smoothen the tooth surfaces; or
° Prophyjet tilizing air to spray a mixture of fine baking soda powder and water onto the surfaces of teeth to remove stains.
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_07.jpg[/img]
Teeth after black stain removal

Prevention
° Do not smoke and avoid drinking dark-coloured beverages to minimize food colours being adsorbed.

• Green and orange stains at the surface of teeth
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_08.jpg[/img]

Cause
Teeth has not been cleaned thoroughly, and the accumulated dental plaque contained bacteria or fungi that can produce colour and formed green and orange stains.

Treatment
° Dentist will perform scaling to remove accumulated dental plaque and stains.
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_09.jpg[/img]
Teeth after orange stain removal

Prevention
° Brush every morning and before bed at night, and use dental floss to remove dental plaque to keep the teeth white.

~~~~~

Internal factors causing tooth discoloration
• Teeth appear to be greyish-blue to brownish-yellow
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_11.jpg[/img]

Cause
If there was certain sickness or, if tetracycline ( a kind of antibiotics) is taken during the development of teeth, the teeth formed will be greyish-blue to brownish-yellow.

Treatment
° Bleaching
° Laminate Veneer

• Teeth appear to be greyish-black

Cause 1
Tooth decay
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_12.jpg[/img]

Treatment
° The dentist removes the tooth decay, and then puts on a filling.
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_13.jpg[/img]
Black tooth decay removed and then restored by a tooth-coloured filling.

Cause 2
Pulp necrosis
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_14.jpg[/img]
The pulp becomes necrotic because of tooth trauma or tooth decay, and the tooth will appear greyish-black.

Treatment
° Endodontic treatment must be done to treat the discoloured tooth which has pulp necrosis.
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_15.jpg[/img]
Tooth after root canal therapy
° If teeth still appear greyish-black, dentist can treat the discolored teeth by bleaching , laminate veneer or crown .

• Brownish-yellow or white patches at the surface of a tooth
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_16.jpg[/img]

Cause 1
° Early tooth decay

Treatment
Dentist can apply topical fluoride onto the surfaces of teeth so that the early decay lesion can be remineralised.
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_18.jpg[/img]

Cause 2
Disturbance during the development of tooth:
If a deciduous tooth is so decayed that the pulp is exposed, the bacteria, via the apex of the tooth, will cause an infection in the vicinity of the developing permanent successor. This will disturb the development of the enamel of the permanent tooth, resulting in the formation of brownish-yellow patches.

Cause 3
Fluorosis
Long term excessive fluoride ingestion will alter the development of the enamel of teeth. This disturbance will show as white patches on the teeth.

Treatment
° Treatment such as Filling , Laminate veneer or Crown .
Photograph of a set of front teeth after filling with composite resin.
[img]http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/upload/chinese/op_p_17.jpg[/img]

http://www.toothclub.gov.hk/en/en_adu_01_05_02_02.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by lebesgue(m): 3:39am On Dec 09, 2014
Fret no more my brother for your problem shall vanish once you implement my solution. In fact, your problem is minute, so long as you painstakingly follow my recipe. All you need to do is mix the following ingredients, and then drink it.

1. Pluck a strand of hair from the head of a 7 day old lion cub, in the presence of his mother.

2. 5ml of saliva from a 32 year old female virgin.

3. 7 ants that have been alive for no less than or greater than 7 hours.

4. 12 teaspoons of 3 month old excrement of a dog with rabies.

5. 1 adult crocodile tooth.

If your teeth do not turn white after drinking this solution, no be my mama born me.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 09, 2014
PerfumeRepublik:
Well , I've seen a case of where drugs a pregnant woman took during pregnancy affected tooth development of the foetus..
The tooth Dev starts from 5th to 6th week of pregnancy, If the expectant mother takes tetracycline during pregnancy, the teeth of the foetus may be affected and become discoloured.
Most folks don't read the lil pamphlets that come with these drugs
Bant:
But if you want to do it, you need to do it properly. Doing it with a quack may make your teeth hurt for the rest of your life because you won't be able to drink or eat anything sweet, hot, cold or spicy if it is not done properly.
There are two ways to get your teeth whitened:
(1) Quick fix using Laser Light or Photosensitive gel, or both. This operation takes like an hour and can only be done by a dentist. You can't do this at home. Some reputable dental clinics in Lagos do this operation. These guys used to do it, but I am not sure. Diamond Smiles - BBpin 22682938 or Call 08022966400.
(2) Take-home kit, which can take some weeks to work. Most people see results from the first night, I am told. This process works by slowly and gradually bleaching your teeth. Also regulated by a dentist, but you can manage this one by yourself. I have heard about these guys: http://schubbsdental.com/bleaching.htm
Some more info is available here: http://www.smile360ng.com/dental-services/teeth-whitening.html
Caveat: I am not vouching for any of these dental clinics or services in any way.
Overall, please go and consult with a dentist in person. Goodluck!
kandiikane:

If you have the money I would recommend you to do a bit of research on a good home teeth whitening system with a small percentage of peroxide. Those without peroxide hardly do anything.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by benebaby77: 3:55am On Dec 09, 2014
@monemsis, don't strive so hard to whiten it. There is nothing you can do about that to make it white again. That's we (not you, but you and I) will live with it for the rest of our life. If you go dentist, he only tell you that they can use a machine to wash to it, but that machine will not make it white again. Don't let some deceive you here that they whiten it for you here, they want to collect money from you with a tad or no result.

I'm a victim of the same scenario. Don't let that deter from talking to people, especially female folks. Be proud of yourself, confident and have a belief that you are of no different from people with white teeth.

You can do anything that other people with white teeth are doing, limitation only set by your thinking and conception. Don't have a negative think about yourself, it makes you feel inferior to other.
My humble take, monemsis

5 Likes

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by nobilie: 3:59am On Dec 09, 2014
Op, take my advise carefully.

Ask urself, can u chew? if yes, ok.
Does ur teath give bad smell, if no thank God.

As you grow up, you'll agree that some things are not really problems.

Take ur mind off d color of ur teath and relate with pple like u have a white teath. It wont kill u.

Pple will over look it when dey know it already.

Let that not limit u.

4 Likes

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 09, 2014
just jik it
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 09, 2014
has he tried vim + bleach?
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Ezibless: 4:12am On Dec 09, 2014
kpolli:

If it was the brown tooth that grew to replace the old ones... I do not think this method will work....

But I am still shocked about the brown teeth replacing the old ones part...

Your tooth grew up brown, I doubt they can be white

It's very possible that the brown teeth replaced the old ones if it was made brown by drugs. I know of tetracycline.

That's y pregnant women and children under 12years are adviced not to take it because after the milk teeth eruption,the permanent teeth would stil have the discolouration.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by agarawu23(m): 4:34am On Dec 09, 2014
it will b really glad if op can admit he dont use to brush for a long time.

I was also sick for almost 1year in 2005 drinking all kind of local herbs which can even darkened d teeth dan blood tonic but I saw little changes in my teeth so i stop being lazy brushing my teeth because as a sickler, u will b lazy to do many things .

Op, go see a dentist and dont be shy to open up to local herb sellers too because nt everything is treated in a modern way.

as for ppl making jest of him and making useless comments, u will also meet ur waterloo sad
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by sekzy99(m): 4:49am On Dec 09, 2014
Pls do u av idea in d price a dentist charge.
Bant:
Most dentists will advise you not to whiten your teeth. But if you want to do it, you need to do it properly. Doing it with a quack may make your teeth hurt for the rest of your life because you won't be able to drink or eat anything sweet, hot, cold or spicy if it is not done properly.

There are two ways to get your teeth whitened:

(1) Quick fix using Laser Light or Photosensitive gel, or both. This operation takes like an hour and can only be done by a dentist. You can't do this at home. Some reputable dental clinics in Lagos do this operation. These guys used to do it, but I am not sure. Diamond Smiles - BBpin 22682938 or Call 08022966400.

(2) Take-home kit, which can take some weeks to work. Most people see results from the first night, I am told. This process works by slowly and gradually bleaching your teeth. Also regulated by a dentist, but you can manage this one by yourself. I have heard about these guys: http://schubbsdental.com/bleaching.htm

Some more info is available here: http://www.smile360ng.com/dental-services/teeth-whitening.html

Caveat: I am not vouching for any of these dental clinics or services in any way.

Overall, please go and consult with a dentist in person. Goodluck!
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by eddyland: 4:51am On Dec 09, 2014
charcoal and salt will do the magic
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by lovejimmy2(m): 4:56am On Dec 09, 2014
its not about the white teeth just make ur derm dollars... women go run follow you
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by fairygeh(f): 4:57am On Dec 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
this ur case serious o sad I see dark.. even black charcoal teeth.. but I've never heard of this one that grows dark from inside embarassed I think ur case is spiritual. u need to see the dentist and a pastor/imam, which ever one u are.
but op...Haba,spiritual ke.bae,sofri sofri o.

picture of ur dark teeth or u will get dark teeth that will never be able to whiten by tonightundecided
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Anointed08(m): 5:09am On Dec 09, 2014
You need deliverance. T.b Joshua can exorcise that demon that has sworn your teeth would never be white. Go see him.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by blank(f): 5:37am On Dec 09, 2014
Too much floride in your toothpaste as a kid can give your teeth a mottled brown colour. Really no cure.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Lordmykel(m): 5:48am On Dec 09, 2014
Pictures, or i dont believe angry
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by jazinogold(m): 5:51am On Dec 09, 2014
soak d teeth wit hypo...n scrub wit iron sponge!

Op tank me later after trying dis out!
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by adusco(m): 6:02am On Dec 09, 2014
@Op, are you sure it was as a result of d blood tonic u took or concurtion? tell us d whole and d real story nah.....
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by holatin(m): 6:06am On Dec 09, 2014
remove all the teeth and buy new ones
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by deewhone(f): 6:10am On Dec 09, 2014
use d inner part of a banana peel in rubbing ur teeth for 10 minutes, saw it on a fone yesterday, op it works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Autojosh Reported About The Dirty State Of Ojuelegba, Then See What Happened / 10 Reasons For Male Infertility In Nigeria / Woman Delivered Of 25 Months Pregnancy - Miracle Working God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.