Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White (27527 Views)

Tips To Whiten Your Teeths / A Bro Needs Advice On His Dark Lips! / How To Make Your Teeths As White As Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by eyeon(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2014
You almost died then but your white teeth died instead of you... You should be thanking God...
Anyways, try crushed charcoal mixed with little salt.
Make chewing stick your brush while the crushed charcoal and salt becomes your dusty paste for the main time... GOODLUCK.

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Dreyl(m): 6:25am On Dec 09, 2014
Go see a dentist.simple!
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by drbunmi(f): 6:31am On Dec 09, 2014
send me a mail its so easy to whiten your teeth! its good too contactdrbunmi@gmail.com grin
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Faraidi(m): 6:46am On Dec 09, 2014
roymary:
Baking Soda + your toothpaste.

Baking Soda + Strawberry.

Instant result.

how do he combine all?
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by isacolukay(m): 6:52am On Dec 09, 2014
excelsia:
Hi there, sorry about your predicament. You'll need to visit a dentist for professional teeth whitening sessions, cheer up okay smiley

Babe, u too fine. And u dey blow my mind!

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by kccarew(f): 6:53am On Dec 09, 2014
My advice, and I would like u to note that I have done it before and would still do when I go to the market soon, I will purchase it

Hydrogenperoxide is a bleaching agent, although it is known for cleaning of wounds and infections but its also serves as whitenning Agent too. Get a bottle of hydrogenperoxide and after ur normal brushing of ur teeth, dilute the hydrogenperoxide with a little water in the ratio of 3:1 that is let the OH be more concentrated, rainse ur mouth with it u can also brush ur teeth having the liquid content in ur mouth, gaggle and leave it there for a while so it can bleach off the dirt bf u proceed..continue until u run out of OH and see the result...u can buy and continue again...,,,,,,,,,,,,,Note am a chemist so I know what am saying
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Faraidi(m): 6:56am On Dec 09, 2014
musicwriter:
Have you tried eating raw yam?. Eating uncooked yam 5 times daily works like magic smiley

On a serious note, I'll advice you go to a good dentist and change all of them to artificial teeth (very white).
kai,you are a wicked soul
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 09, 2014
Picoridontblivit
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Faraidi(m): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2014
monemsis:
Don't know how to start undecided

My teeth has a bad colour. It all started when I was young according to my mum, when I was 1yr and 6 months old I was very sick to the extent that I almost died. But luckily I didn't. Back then I had white teeth but the colour began to change gradually as a result of the ' BLOOD TONIC ' I was taking so it turned dark brown .

And the surprising thing about this is that normally as a kid I I'm supposed to lose some of my teeth; yea it happened but it was that same dark brown colour that grew again. instead of the normal white teeth..

For some years now I have been living wit it. I'm so ashamed of it that I hardly relate with my fellow male, not to talk of the opposite sex embarassed , so I decided to seek for you people's advice if there is any way physically possible for me to make the colour white again, or at least a bit brighter. embarassed

Please suggestions. Thanks
use sensodyne whitten toothpaste.it is very effective
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by peacettw: 7:07am On Dec 09, 2014
Sweetheart, the drug in question that did this to you is none other than Tetracycline. When given to children less than 9 years of age, it can lead to permanently discolored teeth. Severe jaundice when you are less than a month old also can cause this. In your case, it was Tetracycline.

To address this, you need to start saving for a veneer treatment that only a good qualified dentist can do our If I were you, I will Google for top notch dentistry outfits in Nigeria and tell them of your plight and how it has affected you psychologically cos I can imagine it brings you lots of pain. Explain in the mail, that you will appreciate any help and if they want to use you to further advertise on what they can do to the public, then you are game. I hope you are cute.

Oh well, wish you all the best and pls be very careful of the advice given here. Hydrogen peroxide treatment etc simply of no use and can be dangerous. Your teeth stain is already in your teeth DNA hence the reason the staining still appeared in your permanent teeth. It is not the usual teeth staining that just affects the outside, so please be very careful. The best you can do is cover it up with veneers so browse it.

PS: The message here by the way goes to our mothers, fathers and caregivers who look after little children. Avoid Tetracycline in childhood. In other words, always insist on knowing the drugs "mixed" for you in the local chemist shop which to me still remains the most dangerous practice in our society today. When you go to that clinic, or hospital, always insist on knowing the drugs given to your child, I can't stress it enough. I

3 Likes

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by DOD1: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2014
drnairalov:
use baking soda and lime..

1. squeez d lime in a teaspoon or 2 of baking soda

2..den it woud form a whitish paste..grab ur foam (*dont use brush*) den wipe ur teeth with d foam with d paste.. leave 4 5 mins and wash off

continue dis for a week..yo wud start seein difference the next day self..simple natural way
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by 2kris(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2014
Use synsodyne...hope i got dey spelling right or colgate
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by silversonuc(m): 7:20am On Dec 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
this ur case serious o sad I see dark.. even black charcoal teeth.. but I've never heard of this one that grows dark from inside embarassed I think ur case is spiritual. u need to see the dentist and a pastor/imam, which ever one u are.
but op...

picture of ur dark teeth or u will get dark teeth that will never be able to whiten by tonightundecided
'
i love u too bby, pls marry me
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by 2kris(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2014
kccarew:
My advice, and I would like u to note that I have done it before and would still do when I go to the market soon, I will purchase it

Hydrogenperoxide is a bleaching agent, although it is known for cleaning of wounds and infections but its also serves as whitenning Agent too. Get a bottle of hydrogenperoxide and after ur normal brushing of ur teeth, dilute the hydrogenperoxide with a little water in the ratio of 3:1 that is let the OH be more concentrated, rainse ur mouth with it u can also brush ur teeth having the liquid content in ur mouth, gaggle and leave it there for a while so it can bleach off the dirt bf u proceed..continue until u run out of OH and see the result...u can buy and continue again...,,,,,,,,,,,,,Note am a chemist so I know what am saying
wait oh na for lab we go do these one
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by bigiyaro(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2014
drnairalov:

2..den it woud form a whitish paste..grab ur foam (*dont use brush*) den wipe ur teeth with d foam with d paste.. leave 4 5 mins and wash off

continue dis for a week..yo wud start seein difference the next day self..simple natural way
pls is baking soda the same thing as baking powder?

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by donbenie(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2014
You have a case of TETRACYCLINE TEETH DISCOLORATION ,meaning that during the said illness you were given a lot of tetracycline antibiotics,the drug tends to have affinity with calcium compounds in the body like bone and teeth and thus tends to cause teeth discoloration in a child,sadly the PERMANENT TEETH GERMS still growing inside the child's bone are mostly affected and tends to have this permanent discoloration,this is an INTRISIC type of teeth discoloration as opposed to an EXTRINSIC discoloration,meaning the stain is part of the teeth itself and cannot be removed by cleaning nor BLEACHING,by the way this DRUG is CONTRAINDICATED in PREGNANT WOMEN UP TO A CHILD OF TWELVE YEARS FOR THIS SAME REASON ..you have an option of TEETH VEENER treatment,meaning the outer layer of the teeth is removed and a COMPOSITE TEETH FILLING MATERIAL which is whitish in color used to cover the teeth surfaces from canine to canine ie ANTERIOR TEETH or TEETH CROWNS can be fitted over each ANTERIOR teeth.. #DENTIST
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by tobititus167: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2014
O boi make apple your best fruit.make sure you eat atleast two apples a day for everyday of your life untill you get you result.am talking from a personal experince.goodluck when you adhere to my advice
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by clemzo101(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2014
Just take it to car wash shikena!
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Shawnpp(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2014
this TETRACYCLINE av done much damage to the colour of my teeth and my bones are so tiny and soft. any solution to my bones?
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Chommieblaq(f): 7:53am On Dec 09, 2014
Guy forget it, so long ur mouth don't smell. some of ma frnds have brown teeth as a result of florida content in water in some communities, I sees nothing wrong or to be ashamed of. loving ppl n being friends goes beyond d color of teeth. Don't do tinx DAT might b detrimental to ur health.

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by remsonik(f): 7:53am On Dec 09, 2014
Ifeanyi Egede come and read o. Cos I know your teeth is so brown
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by shomutuski(m): 7:56am On Dec 09, 2014
It's very simple! All you need to do is visit a cosmetologist/dentist and ask for a teeth bleaching procedure. It should cost between 10k-15k depending on where the facility is located, av done mine even though my teeth aint black. I tell you that's what all this so called music artiste do nowadays starting from tiwa savage down to Eva alordiah.
WARNING: I hope you don't get addicted to it because constant bleaching can make you enamel so sensitive that you will cry when you eat cold or hot food. The period is once in year depending on maybe you smoke or drink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by haneefsoft: 8:00am On Dec 09, 2014
I'm a dentist and I understand your ordeal. The best advice is to see a dentist. Ignore all other suggestions so you don't run into another problem.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by ibkgab001: 8:04am On Dec 09, 2014
I hope u know the side effect of baking soda and lime on human teeth ... Men this is wrong Nafdac will get u arrested soon
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by extremelygolden: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2014
If you are in Lagos State, you can try the Dentists at General Hospital, Broad Street, opposite Western House. You have to be there early so you could be among the first people they'll attend to. It'll cost you less than N5k to get your teeth washed. I have friends that have tried it and it worked.

Best of luck.
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Shegz4god(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2014
Use baking soda and then hydrogen peroxide it will give u great results
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by Olutola88(m): 8:47am On Dec 09, 2014
drnairalov:

All these won't work my brother. The procedure only works for temporary tooth discolouration. His case is a permanent one that resulted from overuse of drugs like antibiotics(especially tetracycline I.e red & yellow capsule), blood tonic and some other drugs. Even if he consults a dentist, he'll be told the same.

That red and yellow capsule is the worst thing to be used by kids or to be used by a pregnant woman. Our mothers need to be oriented.

Now to the OP, I see no reason why you should bother yourself, just make sure you wash your teeth and tongue very well and regularly. Once you do that, you will stay fresh always and you'll av the confidence to talk 2 anyone and even whisper into their ears. Remember to build ur esteem, others will carry you the way you carry yourself. Very gorgeous ladies always respect reasonably confident dudes. By the time you do all these, you won't even remember you have discoloured set of teeth.

Maybe I should encourage you by telling you that I was also a victim of perennial illnesses when I was a kid. My mum didn't only use tetracycline as a pregnant woman, she also gave me tetracycline and many other drugs. The question is: has this affected my self-esteem in anyway? NO NO NO! My mouth is always very clean and my breath always fresh. Even early in the morning, my breath is always not bad( unlike many white-toothed individuals). I have more female friends than male and some people even call me a pervert(I don't care). Lemme make you happy, I've kissed several pulchritudinous ladies despite the discolouration. Why then should you make ursef inferior? Stay Confident, Stay Clean, Stay Fresh and enjoy your life.

1 Like

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by frisby: 8:59am On Dec 09, 2014
Chommieblaq:
Guy forget it, so long ur mouth don't smell. some of ma frnds have brown teeth as a result of florida content in water in some communities, I sees nothing wrong or to be ashamed of. loving ppl n being friends goes beyond d color of teeth. Don't do tinx DAT might b detrimental to ur health.

I think this is the most honest and reasonable post here.
DEAR OP. Pls stop punishing yourself. Love yourself like that and you'll observe that people care Soooo much less about the color of your teeth than you do.

I have a brother with the same condition and cause (tetracycline).... he has WAAAY more friends than I. and is very likeable, by males n females alike. So please the earlier you realize that this is all in your head, the better.

As for remedies, there's nothing, I'm afraid, u can do except getting veneers. Most people suggesting u scrub with all-what-nots know nothing about what you're talking about. So pls, don't go damaging your teeth enamel in foolish desperation. A healthy set of discolored teeth is soooo much better than a sparkling set that brings you a lifetime of anguish.

2 Likes

Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by dapotemi: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2014
Pls be care with all this soda,lime,bla bla bla.Go and see a DENTIST!
Most of d people recommending all dis stuff for u are carpenters,bricklayer,tailor etc..See a Dentist!
Re: A Bro Is In Need Of Advice On How To Make His Teeths White by dapotemi: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2014
Dentist!#TeamDentist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Delivered Of 25 Months Pregnancy - Miracle Working God / Help! How Can I Save My Kid Brother In-law From Taking meth? / Lagos Discharges 16 Coronavirus Patients, Including British, Chinese & Polish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.