Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! (881 Views)

Why People Say "God Bless You" After Someone Sneezes / One Of The Reasons Blacks Hate Nigerians Abroad / The Reasons Why Igbo Young Men Marry Late (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! by baba11(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
Due to my personal observations,researches and experience over time,i can categorically say that below are the reasons why people lie viz: (a)To get out of difficult situations:Many people used to lie so that they will be able to extricate themself from a difficult situation they may find themself E.G I was in a bus on a particular day and conductor asked transport fare from a presumed pastor who adorned his traditional worshipping garment,he lied that he didn't have a change but upon nearing his destination without conductor giving him his change,he succumbed and brought out his exact change.What a man of God so to say! (b)When they don't know what you are saying:This is peculiar to Nigerians.Instead for him/her to say the truth about a question being poised,such person may resort to lying so as to stave off being disgraced as some who lack knowledge about the subject matters being discussed. (c)When he hates you: Don't be angry if you ask a question from someone whereas,he lies in return.Simply know that such person doesn't love you and he's not in a position to assist you in life to achieve your desired/life goals.Just move on,such is life! (d)To conceal your real identity or information:I don't need to buttress this,we are all guilty of this either positively or negatively. (e)As a way of life: Some people have taken to this that from my own personal experince with them;i have to re-think about whatever they say to me.Such people never be my friends because i strongly believe they can't be relied on. (f)To make money and popularity:This is common with politicians,comedians,jesters,NLers and anybody who doesn't believe or fear God.....These are some of my reasons why i believe people lie...Feel free to add yours. PS:It cuts across religion,ethnicity,geographical location or race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! by 2prexios: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
In a matter of life and death, is it good to lie and save your life or tell the truth and be killed?
Re: These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! by baba11(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2014
Hmmmm...it just depends on how Godly you are.There are some lies that are used to save such situations but that doesn't mean one should take it as a way of life....If i know that someone is so much enmeshed in it that it has become his way of life,i'm sorry,we are not in tandem!!!
Re: These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! by 2prexios: 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
That's original. Kandos!
Re: These Are Some Of The Reasons Why People Lie! by baba11(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
i hear u....

(1) (Reply)

Popular Junction [vono Junction] in ilupeju Where Sacrifices Where Being Placed / Is This The End Of Christianity In The Middle East? / Happy New Year Wishes Quotes 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.