Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Jacob And Genetics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jacob And Genetics (4425 Views)

Jacob And The Angel / Esau And Jacob And The Birthright / Moses, Exodus And Genetics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
TEXT: Genesis 30:25-43

As can be seen in our text, Jacob was quite an extraordinary man. I feel it necessary to acquaint the reader with our subject Jacob. The reader might be familiar with the story of the patriarch Abraham, who himself was an extraordinary and unnatural man par excellence. This Jacob is the grandson of Abraham. His father, Isaac, and mother, Rebekah, had twin sons: Esau and our humble Jacob. Isaac proved to be as unnatural a father as his own father Abraham; for he loved only one of his sons, i.e. Esau, because he often brought him tasty wild game porridge.

So it happened that Isaac thought he was about to die. He called Esau, and commanded him to go hunt and prepare that tasty wild game porridge that he so relished, so that he might satiate his gastric hankering and simultaneously give him his final blessing. Well, to cut a long story short, our Jacob doublecrossed both father and brother and got the blessing instead. Esau was devastated and vowed to kill him. Now, the reader might be flummoxed about why this "blessing" from a dying father was of so much importance, that one would want to kill for. Well, in those days, a lot of things we regard as trivial, petty or quibbling today, meant a lot. And abstracts were indeed most tangible. Any wonder why a "birthright" could be traded for red stew? Yes, one day Esau( also called Edom because he loved red stew) came home terribly famished, and so he "sold his birthright" to Jacob for a plate of red stew. Thus, Esau vitiated himself; for in those days a birthright was a tangible thing that could be traded for other things.

Jacob(meaning "supplanter" )lived to the true meaning of his name these two times, not by coincidence, for nothing happened by coincidence in those days. It can be correctly conjectured that his parents knew that he would become a supplanter and thus named him so. This might seem incredible to the reader, but as I hinted afore time, these were really strange times and strange people lived in them. Jacob also had an uncanny affinity for blessings and could never have his fill. He went on to wrestle with God himself, and guess what his request was? "...bless me" (Gen 32:26). But this wasn't his most extraordinary feat as we shall soon see.

Jacob's parents christened him "supplanter" but they had no idea how far he would go in this predestined career. They had no idea that he would make a groundbreaking discovery in the scientific field of "genetics" while being about his supplanting.

In our text, Jacob requested leave from his uncle, boss and father-in-law, Laban, after serving him for many years. Laban declined and attempted to placate Jacob in order to make him stay. Jacob then requested for all the speckled,streaked, spotted and dark coloured animals among Laban's flock. Laban assented. Jacob was contented and smacked his lips. Laban, being a myopic, dull and slow-witted bovine-brained dimwit, had no idea what Jacob, our very shrewd,sagacious and wise man, had in the works. Laban left Jacob and the latter went back to tending to the former's bovine creatures.

One early morning, amid the chirping and tweeting of birds, Jacob set out for the woods. He collected fresh-cut branches from the poplar, almond and plane trees and began to walk back home. Once he got home, he began peeling off the bark from the branches, creating white stripes in the peeled off areas. He then proceeded to place these branches in the drinking troughs of the flock. At this juncture, Rachel his wife, who had just awoken, beheld him curiously and incredulously. "What might you be about this early morning, dear husband?",she queried. Jacob ignored her in the guise of engrossment in work. She probed further, then he told her. She burst into a most hysterical laugh. This rankled Jacob and he asked angrily, "wife, why do you laugh so?" She replied by telling him without mincing words that he was about a foolish enterprise, to which he retorted, "we shall see!"

Jacob had told his wife that he intended to breed a slew of sturdier speckled, streaked and spotted bovines by means of making the flock mate in front of the branches he had put in their drinking troughs. Now, the reader might well agree with Rachel that Jacob was about a foolish enterprise and that no such thing as he had expected would happen, but no, Rachel was confounded and flustered as I suspect the reader would be too; for it did happen as Jacob expected. Yes! Jacob was able to breed more speckled and spotted bovines by means of placing them in front of a striped branch! And by this means, he ensured that majority of the young ones born were spotted and speckled. He also ensured that the spotted and speckled were the sturdiest of all the offsprings. So, the slew of sturdy spotted ones went to Jacob and the few weak unspotted ones went to Laban. Thus, Jacob uncannily and successfully conned Laban, and became a very rich man, living to the true meaning of his name once again while unwittingly and simultaneously making a groundbreaking and precise discovery in the field of genetics ere Gregor Mendel was born.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by Pr0ton: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Lesson To Learn:

The determining factor for animals' skin colors (or any other traits) aint genes contained in DNA as modern science explains. They are peeled tree branches as the Bible alleges.

5 Likes

Re: Jacob And Genetics by BabaGnoni: 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
^^^
Comic

1 Like

Re: Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
Pr0ton:
Lesson To Learn:

The determining factor for animals' skin colors (or any other traits) aint genes contained in DNA as modern science explains. They are peeled tree branches as the Bible alleges.
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Jacob And Genetics by BabaGnoni: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
McSterling:
[size=5pt]TEXT: Genesis 30:25-43

As can be seen in our text, Jacob was quite an extraordinary man. I feel it necessary to acquaint the reader with our subject Jacob. The reader might be familiar with the story of the patriarch Abraham, who himself was an extraordinary and unnatural man par excellence. This Jacob is the grandson of Abraham. His father, Isaac, and mother, Rebekah, had twin sons: Esau and our humble Jacob. Isaac proved to be as unnatural a father as his own father Abraham; for he loved only one of his sons, i.e. Esau, because he often brought him tasty wild game porridge.

So it happened that Isaac thought he was about to die. He called Esau, and commanded him to go hunt and prepare that tasty wild game porridge that he so relished, so that he might satiate his gastric hankering and simultaneously give him his final blessing. Well, to cut a long story short, our Jacob doublecrossed both father and brother and got the blessing instead. Esau was devastated and vowed to kill him. Now, the reader might be flummoxed about why this "blessing" from a dying father was of so much importance, that one would want to kill for. Well, in those days, a lot of things we regard as trivial, petty or quibbling today, meant a lot. And abstracts were indeed most tangible. Any wonder why a "birthright" could be traded for red stew? Yes, one day Esau( also called Edom because he loved red stew) came home terribly famished, and so he "sold his birthright" to Jacob for a plate of red stew. Thus, Esau vitiated himself; for in those days a birthright was a tangible thing that could be traded for other things.

Jacob(meaning "supplanter" )lived to the true meaning of his name these two times, not by coincidence, for nothing happened by coincidence in those days. It can be correctly conjectured that his parents knew that he would become a supplanter and thus named him so. This might seem incredible to the reader, but as I hinted afore time, these were really strange times and strange people lived in them. Jacob also had an uncanny affinity for blessings and could never have his fill. He went on to wrestle with God himself, and guess what his request was? "...bless me" (Gen 32:26). But this wasn't his most extraordinary feat as we shall soon see.

Jacob's parents christened him "supplanter" but they had no idea how far he would go in this predestined career. They had no idea that he would make a groundbreaking discovery in the scientific field of "genetics" while being about his supplanting.

In our text, Jacob requested leave from his uncle, boss and father-in-law, Laban, after serving him for many years. Laban declined and attempted to placate Jacob in order to make him stay. Jacob then requested for all the speckled,streaked, spotted and dark coloured animals among Laban's flock. Laban assented. Jacob was contented and smacked his lips. Laban, being a myopic, dull and slow-witted bovine-brained dimwit, had no idea what Jacob, our very shrewd,sagacious and wise man, had in the works. Laban left Jacob and the latter went back to tending to the former's bovine creatures.

One early morning, amid the chirping and tweeting of birds, Jacob set out for the woods. He collected fresh-cut branches from the poplar, almond and plane trees and began to walk back home. Once he got home, he began peeling off the bark from the branches, creating white stripes in the peeled off areas. He then proceeded to place these branches in the drinking troughs of the flock. At this juncture, Rachel his wife, who had just awoken, beheld him curiously and incredulously. "What might you be about this early morning, dear husband?",she queried. Jacob ignored her in the guise of engrossment in work. She probed further, then he told her. She burst into a most hysterical laugh. This rankled Jacob and he asked angrily, "wife, why do you laugh so?" She replied by telling him without mincing words that he was about a foolish enterprise, to which he retorted, "we shall see!"

Jacob had told his wife that he intended to breed a slew of sturdier speckled, streaked and spotted bovines by means of making the flock mate in front of the branches he had put in their drinking troughs. Now, the reader might well agree with Rachel that Jacob was about a foolish enterprise and that no such thing as he had expected would happen, but no, Rachel was confounded and flustered as I suspect the reader would be too; for it did happen as Jacob expected. Yes! Jacob was able to breed more speckled and spotted bovines by means of placing them in front of a striped branch! And by this means, he ensured that majority of the young ones born were spotted and speckled. He also ensured that the spotted and speckled were the sturdiest of all the offsprings. So, the slew of sturdy spotted ones went to Jacob and the few weak unspotted ones went to Laban.[/size] Thus, Jacob uncannily and successfully conned Laban, and became a very rich man, living to the true meaning of his name once again while unwittingly and simultaneously making a groundbreaking and precise discovery in the field of genetics ere Gregor Mendel was born.
I dont think Jacob aka Israel would share your enthusiasm of associating him with the Benedictine priest, Gregor Mendel

The diseases and ills we have today are as a result of the likes of Gregor Mendel tinkering with organic plants creating hybrid plants/crops (e.g. soy bean, rice, carrots etcetera) and/or crossbreeding (e.g. cow, the domestic pig - thank Imhotep aka Aesculapius for that one, etcetera) which after many years of consuming and ingesting into the body leads to all sorts of ailments
- hybrids genetically altered organic plants or animals

"Obey my laws.
Never crossbreed different kinds of animals.
Never plant two kinds of crops in your field.
Never wear clothes made from two kinds of material.
- Leviticus 19:19 GOD'S WORD® Translation
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 1:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Those animals are symbolical, they are actually human beings. Yes, true. Jacobs name had been know over 8000 years before he was born, he was born with a purpose. he knew his purpose just when he was 6 years old. at age 6, he told his uncle "uncle, when i come to be a grown man, i will make a new people who will rule you, to which his uncle replied that what will you make that will cause trouble, murder and mischieves? he replied nevertheless, i know what you know not"
Jacob/Yakub wrestle with GOD, it wasn't GOD he wrestled with, but the authorities of his time to allow him do what he wanted. and for that,he was given an island on the aegean sea called pelan. Jacob was the man called John in the revelations, he wrote it of the ending of his made men. as it was written about him over 8000 years before he was born, so it was written about the destruction of what he made. but before GOD destroys, He always will send a warner.
what did Jacob/Yakub made? while in studies, he found out that there are two seperate beings in the blackman, the blackman's sperms contains two lifegerms, one black, the other brown. he thought if he will be able to seperate the brown from the black, and then mate a brown to a brown, the a lighter than black would be produced, and the final outcome would be white, what we now call the caucasians. it took 600 years to arrive at the blue eyed, blond, pale skin. and they are called Adam. genesis chapter 5. it took 60,000 blackmen and blackwomen including himself to make them through the process of grafting. 59,999 people were those that he deceived and lied to. killing the darker babies and saving the lighter one. thus Jesus called the white people son of the devil being a killer from the beginning John 8: 22 to 44. it took 200 years to get to the brown people called the Japanese, they still have the essence of blackness, the next 200 years, the yellow people called the Chinese, still in black hue or essence. the last 200 years was the white/pale man washed out of blackness. continous grafting of white got the gorrillas/ape, this the white people did themselve trying to graft themselves back to black but lack the method still till today lack the tech to do so. they are called devils.
is all the white people devils? if they are bornagain(see the word, to be born afresh), then they are not devils, which means he or she must not see himself/herself better than the rest of the race.

why did GOD permit this? well for one, it simply science/experiment. the blackman was becoming very rebellious, it was the brown germ in him that causes it, so GOD turned the brown germ into a person to teach us what rebellion means. till today, blackman can't respect rules and its leaders. however black people are a great people forever great, we have forever, we cannot be called a race because we are not racing anywhere, we are a nation. it is the whiteman that is racing to beat time (6000 years/ the 6 days given to him to rule), it has been over, he is what i would call the ending of the 2nd extra time of the soccer game. racing to beat time thus racists.

as told by GOD himself, through His messenger Elijah Muhammad.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2014
^^^ I see you belong to the Nation of Islam, eh?

1 Like

Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
Yes, i pray so, do anyone need to belong to something to understand the truth? some call them black supremacists or racists, i disagree, we only say the truth as it is taught to us by ALLAH in the person of Master Fard Muhammad. i can imagine well, if it was the other way round, if it to be said that the whiteman was first and creator.

McSterling:
^^^ I see you belong to the Nation of Islam, eh?
Re: Jacob And Genetics by Weah96: 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
gatiano:
Yes, i pray so, do anyone need to belong to something to understand the truth? some call them black supremacists or racists, i disagree, we only say the truth as it is taught to us by ALLAH in the person of Master Fard Muhammad. i can imagine well, if it was the other way round, if it to be said that the whiteman was first and creator.

Your members sell pamphlets on the street next to my house. One of them last week told me that white people are planning to assassinate the president. Did you receive that memo?
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
you mean final call news paper? with all that is happening, and with Obama wanting to saction israel over illegally stealing the palestinian lands, does it elude the devils to want to kill the United states president? yes i think they would try. i will now go and search for the memo? so what did you do? did you send them off?
Weah96:

Your members sell pamphlets on the street next to my house. One of them last week told me that white people are planning to assassinate the president. Did you receive that memo?
Re: Jacob And Genetics by Weah96: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2014
gatiano:
you mean final call news paper? with all that is happening, and with Obama wanting to saction israel over illegally stealing the palestinian lands, does it elude the devils to want to kill the United states president? yes i think they would try. i will now go and search for the memo? so what did you do? did you send them off?

Even the police don't mess with those guys, for some reason. They stand next to the traffic lights and wait for them to turn red. And then they walk from vehicle to vehicle selling newspapers and fruit baskets.

I've never seen one who was NOT dressed in a suit and tie.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
are you saying you don't know why police never touch those guys? strange that you don't and you are in the states. Throughout 2013, Minister Louis Farakhan was basically pleading with the black and latino people to turn a new page of good character and to be self sustainable, that very soon the white american will go on killing spree. white america is planning on how to attack the nation of islam, but ALLAH is the best of all planners. another question, what if it was other way round, that GOD is a whiteman from a white generation of time, what do you think they would do the blacks all across the world?
Weah96:

Even the police don't mess with those guys, for some reason. They stand next to the traffic lights and wait for them to turn red. And then they walk from vehicle to vehicle selling newspapers and fruit baskets.

I've never seen one who was NOT dressed in a suit and tie.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by Weah96: 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
gatiano:
are you saying you don't know why police never touch those guys? strange that you don't and you are in the states. Throughout 2013, Minister Louis Farakhan was basically pleading with the black and latino people to turn a new page of good character and to be self sustainable, that very soon the white american will go on killing spree. white america is planning on how to attack the nation of islam, but ALLAH is the best of all planners. another question, what if it was other way round, that GOD is a whiteman from a white generation of time, what do you think they would do the blacks all across the world?

I really don't know why the police don't bother them. Some will even try to sell their papers AFTER the light has already turned green. A normal person might get a citation for jaywalking.
But the Farrakhan people are off limits. Maybe the police is afraid of Farrakhan.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
george bush, reagan, clinton, and the whole of congress, anytime they hear Farrakhan, they flee the other way. He is a thorn in their flesh. When GOD and Jesus back you up, who dare goes against you? well the white people can't comprehend GOD's power, they want to test it, only they won't live to see the rerun. i know they are planning evil, they can't do without it. take the flag of nation of Islam on you, submit to GOD/ALLAH if you wish to. anybody would think twice critically before they do you evil.
Weah96:

I really don't know why the police don't bother them. Some will even try to sell their papers AFTER the light has already turned green. A normal person might get a citation for jaywalking.
But the Farrakhan people are off limits. Maybe the police is afraid of Farrakhan.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 12:55am On Dec 09, 2014
gatiano:

You are an NOI member. No need to pray about it. Your twaddle about Elijah Muhammad and blah gave you away. Ah! Nah I don't subscribe to either black or white supremacist delusions. And I'm no fan of the Caucasian hippie Jesus or any of the other Jesuses for that matter.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
what do you think about this? is it a culture? or would you say that they are in a celebration mood? or teaching their children to hate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1j3j8eFdAs

Weah96:

Re: Jacob And Genetics by Weah96: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
Christmas is a former pagan holiday. I'm not surprised by any of the rituals that accompany it.

Portraying black people in a negative context is an old practice.

Ever heard of Venus Hottentot?
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
No, i'm going to read about it. Nice to know that you won't waste money buying things that are not needed. and it is still in practice today.
Weah96:
Christmas is a former pagan holiday. I'm not surprised by any of the rituals that accompany it.

Portraying black people in a negative context is an old practice.

Ever heard of Venus Hottentot?
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
as i read about the khoisan woman, it lead me unto Ota Benga from Congo. if you won't call me crazy, i think i now understand the animation movie "madagaskar".
Re: Jacob And Genetics by Pr0ton: 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
gatiano:

To attack the nation of Islam? That'll be very cool. There will be, at least, peace and harmony in the world. Some Muslims don't worth living. They kill by any means to please their god, which actually means how much you'll be rewarded in Heaven (as I hear). Some Muslims are violent and inhumane. They should be eliminated so as to acquire a peaceful nation.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
You don't study and make a research before you talk, you just love talking and that which you have no clue about. if you go tell the masters that you serve, either in washington or in london or tel- aviv or anywhere else to attack the nation of islam, they would kill you outrightly and bury you where no soul would be able to find you, why? attacking the nation of Islam will be the end of the united states. it will end in just about 12 to 16 hours. i bet my life on that. do you see or feel how sure i am? so they can only attack the their slaves not Nation of Islam.
Pr0ton:

To attack the nation of Islam? That'll be very cool. There will be, at least, peace and harmony in the world. Some Muslims don't worth living. They kill by any means to please their god, which actually means how much you'll be rewarded in Heaven (as I hear). Some Muslims are violet and inhumane. They should be eliminated so as to acquire a peaceful nation.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by Pr0ton: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
gatiano:
You don't study and make a research before you talk, you just love talking and that which you have no clue about. if you go tell the masters that you serve, either in washington or in london or tel- aviv or anywhere else to attack the nation of islam, they would kill you outrightly and bury you where no soul would be able to find you, why? attacking the nation of Islam will be the end of the united states. it will end in just about 12 to 16 hours. i bet my life on that. do you see or feel how sure i am? so they can only attack the their slaves not Nation of Islam.

Just like I said; violent and inhumane
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nation of Islam had been in the united states now for more than 80 years. they have not for once attacked nobody, they don't carry weapons, all the Nation of Islam do is speak out the truth without fear. so you want them to be attacked for saying the truth and librating the black people of the world of the condition of slavery and self hate? you brought the idea of attacking the nation of Islam, that killing them all will bring sorrow into your life, and i dared you all. that is not violence on my own part, it is violence from your side.

Pr0ton:

Just like I said; violent and inhumane

1 Like

Re: Jacob And Genetics by Pr0ton: 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
gatiano:
Nation of Islam had been in the united states now for more than 80 years. they have not for once attacked nobody, they don't carry weapons, all the Nation of Islam do is speak out the truth without fear. so you want them to be attacked for saying the truth and librating the black people of the world of the condition of slavery and self hate? you brought the idea of attacking the nation of Islam, that killing them all will bring sorrow into your life, and i dared you all. that is not violence on my own part, it is violence from your side.

You know what? Just shush your mouth and stop talking rubbish... I wonder where you read in history that Islam once granted the freedom of black people from slavery undecided when all they want is to have power over everyone so that everyone lives by their senseless sharia law, hence slavery... god punish devil
Re: Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 6:46am On Dec 10, 2014
gatiano:
You don't study and make a research before you talk, you just love talking and that which you have no clue about. if you go tell the masters that you serve, either in washington or in london or tel- aviv or anywhere else to attack the nation of islam, they would kill you outrightly and bury you where no soul would be able to find you, why? attacking the nation of Islam will be the end of the united states it will end in just about 12 to 16 hours. i bet my life on that. do you see or feel how sure i am? so they can only attack the their slaves not Nation of Islam.
Delusions of grandeur.

1 Like

Re: Jacob And Genetics by Pr0ton: 7:47am On Dec 10, 2014
McSterling:
Delusions of grandeur.

grin Common Nigeria they haven't crumbled, they are talking of destroying U.S.. They wan use their life play kite. grin
Re: Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 8:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Pr0ton:

grin Common Nigeria they haven't crumbled, they are talking of destroying U.S.. They wan use their life play kite. grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: Jacob And Genetics by Weah96: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pr0ton:

Dis some funny s)hit, sha.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by gatiano(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
nothing delusional, it is the truth. Nation of Islam had been before the earth and the sun which is over 70 trillion years ago? what is a yesterday's united states or the wholeworld's government? Just like in the days of Noah, sodom and gomorrah and pharoah, so shall it be today. but like i said The Nation Of Islam don't attack anybody, they must however say the truth. They seek and preach freedom, justice and equality.

McSterling:
Delusions of grandeur.
Re: Jacob And Genetics by McSterling(m): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
gatiano:
nothing delusional, it is the truth. Nation of Islam had been before the earth and the sun which is over 70 trillion years ago? what is a yesterday's united states or the wholeworld's government? Just like in the days of Noah, sodom and gomorrah and pharoah, so shall it be today. but like i said The Nation Of Islam don't attack anybody, they must however say the truth. They seek and preach freedom, justice and equality.

grin shocked grin Your delusions, my good sir, surpass me.

(1) (Reply)

Sex And Violence In The Bible / Now That Want To Be A Christian, Should I Stop Listening To Non-gospel Music? / What Is Favour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.