Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] (16362 Views)

Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Super-rich Nigerians Are Snapping Up Prime Central London Properties!!! / Investigating A Property ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by TheRealMrStan(m): 8:55am On Dec 08, 2014
Nigerians Spend Millions On London Property-But WHERE? By Ruonah Meyer.
My London based sister and friend Ruonah Agbroko - Meyer decided to do an investigative interview of rich Nigerian buying houses in London and she did a marvellous 'legedes Benz' interview...and spiced it up with 'we waffy' pidgin..

Check it out................*Catch the Kisses for a job well done Ronny!

''Wealthy Nigerians spent over $390 million on property in London over the last 3 years according to new research. They are the biggest spenders out of the whole Africa - who, as a continent, spent over $938 million.

"The most expensive property we've ever sold to a Nigerian is actually a transaction we're in the middle of working on at the moment," says Camilla Dell, from Black Brick Property Solutions. "It's a property in the region of £50million (or $78million)."

While buyers from Africa account for only 1.5% of transactions in the "ultra-prime" London property market, they make up 5% of sales by value - which is up from 2%. And this is by spending between £15million and £25million on each home.

"I would like to buy in Mayfair," says one Nigerian lady. "But unfortunately, I cannot afford to live there."

The most sought after areas for Nigerians, in particular, in London are around Knightsbridge, Mayfair and Belgravia. Buyers include Africa's richest man - Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian businessman who has an estimated fortune of £16billion.

And the world's richest woman - Folorunsho Alakija, is an oil tycoon, fashion designer and philanthropist based in Lagos, but is also a big investor in the London. She recently bought four apartments in One Hyde Park, the super-exclusive development in Knightsbridge.

"They're running banks, oil and gas companies, telecomms companies and over the last ten or fifteen years have made a lot of money," explains Camilla Dell.

But many Nigerians are suspicious of such large amounts of money being spent on such lavish property, outside of Nigeria.

"You have to ask - where do they get the money from? Was it stolen money, because if you steal money from government or wherever - you want to live big," says one man.

"Those places are for big, even bigger girls!" laughs one lady who cannot afford such property in London.[/quote]
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/12/nigerians-spend-millions-on-london.html?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DgVg-owqI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 8:56am On Dec 08, 2014
Photos: 2face, Faze and Blackface re-unite on stage
http:///AtAo6
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by MisterLongman(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Wetin be my own
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by YoungIncredible: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Really?
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by teemanbastos(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
The World would xoon come to an end.. Xo let them spend all they have made b4 d world ends..

Bt dat money no b small tin.
Dis ppu shud cum and help Nigerians and be philantropic
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by reaky(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
I de come
Seriously
But why such amount?
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by sukkot: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
ok
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by coolzeal(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2014
Beautiful people, beautiful nation and beautiful life. Work hard and you might become beautiful too.
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by unibenstudent1(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2014
I just have to book this space,am so sorry
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by wisefizz(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2014
seen.... we tooo sha neva lack
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by simplemach(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2014
Thank God they did not include my house. Because i cant just stand the pressure from relatives and friends seeking identification with them.

1 Like

Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by clara472: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2014
Why una no show my house wey dey for France

Dangote Named Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2014
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1997-dangote-named-forbes-africa-person-of-the-year-2014
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by grinface98(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2014
Another useless post
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Elcemento(m): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Hackerjay(m): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2014
hmmmm.
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by oluamid(m): 9:01am On Dec 08, 2014
Clear!
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Jostico: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2014
u dey forbid to build your own....another person headache dey drink panadolparacetamol
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by emirateprince: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2014
H
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
I just loggin to nairaland after 8hrs,just to meet 32 new topic on front page.
Odikwa serious gan.

4 Likes

Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Jostico: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
dem hustle do am hustle yours stop investigating cool cool cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
They should investigate them well
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by samuelfemo(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
really
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by AJOT99(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Hmm.....
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by emirateprince: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2014
Wale adenuga ha
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by holatin(m): 9:03am On Dec 08, 2014
money !!!!
God pls kill me rather than live in penury.
Poverty die die die die die die die
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by Promking: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2014
undecided

Whatevvvvvvvver!!!
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by tdayof(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2014
Have seen this on FP before
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by emirateprince: 9:04am On Dec 08, 2014
Gej is Nigerians problem and the peneacia is vote buhari for good governance.

1 Like

Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by emirateprince: 9:05am On Dec 08, 2014
Hffufgfkfgkhggfhhh
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by emirateprince: 9:06am On Dec 08, 2014
Lhgfsfhdff hffdhegg hgfgjgg
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by LORDI(m): 9:09am On Dec 08, 2014
Stealing is not corruption-GEJ grin if they bought those houses with stolen money,then should be arrested.
Re: Investigating Super-Rich Nigerians And Their London Homes [video] by ololo12: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2014
I don't understand how these people think. They keep taking away the monies to West to buy houses, fancy cars, large bank account to the detriment of their country( Nigeria). This is very sad and such mentality should stop

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Bricklayer Fees For Laying Bricks And Plastering 3 Bedroom House / PLATINUM R E G A L ESTATE (near Isheri North) (With Pictures) / Buying Or Moulding Blocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.